Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: so how does the shroomery handle beggars/panhandlers ? [Re: Revolutionine]
    #18533430 - 07/09/13 08:06 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Typically, I have a small stack of single bills that I keep in the center console of my car.  If I see someone at a light, I usually give them a buck.

I also usually give a buck to guys that are at least trying to do something, be it playing an instrument or what not.  I'll also give to people quietly sitting.

Usually the only people I outright refuse to give to are the people that make up elaborate stories to try and get my money.  Anyone that approaches me and starts off with: "Hey, you won't believe this but my car broke down and if I had a dollar...."

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrumpyorc
Ghost

Re: so how does the shroomery handle beggars/panhandlers ? [Re: MisterSandman]
    #18535072 - 07/09/13 04:37 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MisterSandman said:
Quote:

Lizard Eyes said:
I used to be sympathetic to these types, but then I was thrown into the harsh realities of the real world and realized that they are choosing to be there.  No matter how fucked your situation there is ALWAYS something YOU can be doing to better yourself.

I completely agree. I understand if you hit a rough patch and you're on the street for a couple of days/weeks but any longer than that and you just really are not trying. I see plenty of unskilled job openings every day, and if all else fails start selling drugs or something:shrug:

Alot of people are homeless and can't work because of mental disabilities. Crazy people end up homeless. Just because they are crazy doesn't mean they don't deserve some comfort, they just can't get it for themselves. Sure there are people who are just homeless because they are THAT lazy but they can't be the majority.

--------------------

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
    #18535131 - 07/09/13 04:47 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I gave some random black dude on the street in Delaware 20 bucks the other day, and that fucking asshole came back asking me for more money.  I was like I just gave you 20 bucks, stop trying to get more out of me.  He hugged me, thanked me and left.  I was drunk as shit, if I'm sober I usually don't give them shit.  I knew people like that when I was strung out, no real hustle just grubbing off of other people.  They actually make out ok doing that, but I have way too much pride to ever do some shit like that.

--------------------

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#18535163 - 07/09/13 04:53 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I handle them the way they should be handled: by stabbing them multiple times and throwing their mangy, stinky, worthless ass in a dumpster. Fucking leeches, all of them. Next time you see one kick them in the dick and tell them to stick that change cup up their ass.

OfflineEggtimer
HotSauce Lover

#18535189 - 07/09/13 04:58 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Never met one yet.

--------------------
It's all for the :lol:s

InvisibleNWlight
Just look

Re: so how does the shroomery handle beggars/panhandlers ? [Re: DNKYD]
    #18535198 - 07/09/13 05:00 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I don't typically give beggars/panhandlers money, but I work at a homeless shelter that provides mental and social rehabilitation as well as medical care.

Knowing many of them personally, I know they will spend it on alcohol/other drugs.

Although I withhold my judgement, I'd rather not enable such things by paying for them

--------------------
:wizard::deemsters:

OfflineGrumpyorc
Ghost

#18535199 - 07/09/13 05:00 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
I handle them the way they should be handled: by stabbing them multiple times and throwing their mangy, stinky, worthless ass in a dumpster. Fucking leeches, all of them. Next time you see one kick them in the dick and tell them to stick that change cup up their ass.

cmon you've never been in a situation where someone bailed you out financially? What if they hadn't been there? What if your house burned down the same week you needed a new transmission? Like I said not all homeless are victims of situation but some are.

--------------------

InvisibleVivaLaMushie
RIP LS :(
Female User Gallery

Loc: Switzerland Flag
    #18535207 - 07/09/13 05:02 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

It really depends on the situation for me. I tend to give $ or water bottles to people with animals. My main concern is the animal in those situations.

If a homeless man or woman asked for money for food, I will (and have done before) go through the nearest drive through and buy them a meal. I wont always do this, like I said it just depends on a few factors.

If someone is sitting with a sign and cup, if I have change, ill throw it to them.

One time I was waiting on my bf while he ran into the store, someone knocked on my window, scared the shit out of me. It was some cracked out looking woman, I rolled down the window a little ad she just said "Do you have any change?" I had a cup holder full of quarters but didn't give her anything. I was weirder out.

--------------------

InvisibleNWlight
Just look

#18535218 - 07/09/13 05:03 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:

While it is true that some people are in that situation because of choices that they made, there comes a point where this is no longer the case and they get "stuck".  Oftentimes it is because of mental illness or a mixture of mental illness and drug addiction.

Many people have lost the ability to make good decisions for themselves that would get them out of that situation.

Sometimes they will get a fine for something small, but then they aren't able to pay it so they get a warrant for their arrest.  Then they have a record, so they can't get a job, lose other rights...

It's really unfortunate that you see the people who are most in need as worthy of condemnation.  We should be helping and assisting them to reclaim their independence and dignity.

It all began when the Reagan administration dumped our mental hospitals on the street.

--------------------

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

Loc: Gamehenge
Re: so how does the shroomery handle beggars/panhandlers ? [Re: NWlight] * 1
    #18535225 - 07/09/13 05:05 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Agree 100%.

Luckily, many law enforcement agencies are catching up with today's mental health standards. At the help center I volunteer at, we just had a detective come in and talk about CIT - Crisis Intervention Team which is a program mainly for LEO's on how to deal with people with mental health issues without making things exponentially worse. It's rapidly spreading across the country which is awesome.

--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."

UBUNTU- I am because we are.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: so how does the shroomery handle beggars/panhandlers ? [Re: NWlight]
    #18535230 - 07/09/13 05:07 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

You can't believe a word I say on this board, folks. I shouldn't say this, but the past 9 years I've been running a psychological experiment here in The Pube. So far the results are amazing. Stay tuned for the full report in Psychobabble Bullshit Quarterly.

Coincidentally, also in the next issue of PBQ is a colleague's work on the correlation between mob-mentality and hobo stabbings.

InvisibleNWlight
Just look

Re: so how does the shroomery handle beggars/panhandlers ? [Re: JoieDeVivre] * 1
    #18535232 - 07/09/13 05:07 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:
Agree 100%.

Luckily, many law enforcement agencies are catching up with today's mental health standards. At the help center I volunteer at, we just had a detective come in and talk about CIT - Crisis Intervention Team which is a program mainly for LEO's on how to deal with people with mental health issues without making things exponentially worse. It's rapidly spreading across the country which is awesome.

:thumbup:

Jail institutionalizes people who don't belong there and are hurt even more by it.

Glad to hear those programs are spreading, we certainly advocate that mentality locally

--------------------

Offlines240779
Male Unread Journal User Gallery
Re: so how does the shroomery handle beggars/panhandlers ? [Re: Lizard Eyes] * 1
    #18535240 - 07/09/13 05:10 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Lizard Eyes said:
I used to be sympathetic to these types, but then I was thrown into the harsh realities of the real world and realized that they are choosing to be there.  No matter how fucked your situation there is ALWAYS something YOU can be doing to better yourself.

And sometimes that something requires money. We live in a monetary society.

InvisibleJoieDeVivre
Hippie Babysitter
Female User Gallery

Loc: Gamehenge
Re: so how does the shroomery handle beggars/panhandlers ? [Re: s240779]
    #18535248 - 07/09/13 05:11 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Yep. It almost always requires some sort of equity to better yourself, whether that be money to invest in your future or a permanent address to put on your job applications.

--------------------
Sapere aude

"We cannot live for ourselves alone. Our lives are connected by a thousand invisible threads, and along these sympathetic fibers, our actions run as causes and return to us as results."

UBUNTU- I am because we are.

Invisibletwohigh
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: so how does the shroomery handle beggars/panhandlers ? [Re: NWlight]
    #18535287 - 07/09/13 05:18 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I dont give them money, mainly because there are avenues for them to take to acquire free housing (at least to sleep in at night i guess), food, and programs that make work available for them.  In my book alot of them just want money handed to them, not to have to work for it.  Not all of course, but allot of them.

Living in Boise, it seems like there is someone on every corner with a sign begging for money.  Most all of them say the same old tired crap about being a vet, or hungry.

My friend did see on guy who's sign read "Parents killed by ninjas, need money for karate classes."  I would have given that guy ten bucks.  Maybe 20.  The only other times I give someone who is begging money is if they tell they want it for drugs or alcohol.  The way I look at it, honesty is worth rewarding.

OfflineGrumpyorc
Ghost

#18535818 - 07/09/13 06:50 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
You can't believe a word I say on this board, folks. I shouldn't say this, but the past 9 years I've been running a psychological experiment here in The Pube. So far the results are amazing. Stay tuned for the full report in Psychobabble Bullshit Quarterly.

Coincidentally, also in the next issue of PBQ is a colleague's work on the correlation between mob-mentality and hobo stabbings.

:thisisheavyman:

--------------------

Invisiblelighthouse09
Stranger thats mr. stranger
 User Gallery

Re: so how does the shroomery handle beggars/panhandlers ? [Re: Grumpyorc]
    #18535917 - 07/09/13 07:10 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

i have been homless for 2 months even had a job for a month but it didnt get me an apt or anything
really most homless people are down on luck have no rel family or an abusive family yes alot of them drink or do drugs but when ur on the street there isnt shit to do usually at least at night time. 
but ive seen and tried the SOB storries that sucked and doesnt work either!!  then a freindly bum showed me to tell jokes be super friendly and compliment people even if they don't give you anything and i had a blast made friends and heard a lot of life stories very few of these people are trying to leech an easy life from society most have problems of many sorts and really if u were sleeping outside for months wouyld you NOT want drugs are booze to sleep and not be miserable come on now??
as for hurting them and such i would personally do that to you if i ever met you no joke watch yourself there are some tweaked out bums out there

--------------------
<--This fuckin guy

OfflinexxTHoRxx
BALLS ON YOUR CHIN
 User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
Re: so how does the shroomery handle beggars/panhandlers ? [Re: lighthouse09]
    #18536054 - 07/09/13 07:36 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

We put them in the dunny

OfflineYSHServant
I Wanna Shoot Something
Male

Re: so how does the shroomery handle beggars/panhandlers ? [Re: JoieDeVivre]
    #18536062 - 07/09/13 07:37 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

JoieDeVivre said:
You, like most people, really don't seem to understand the subject you're talking about. Most people who are actually homeless have severe mental illnesses that go untreated their whole lives. They have no health insurance, no family that is willing to help them as much as they actually need it, and no place to call home.

It's easy to say you can always better yourself when you're speaking from a position of relative sanity, youth and privilege (whether that is earned or by chance is irrelevant). Considering how high unemployment is for college graduates who aren't insane and who don't have major hygiene problems, I don't see how you think these people are supposed to better themselves. They're only ever "choosing" to be homeless because they really don't have any other long-term realistic options without a lot of help from other people to get back on their feet.

:kaneclap:

Well said. That I actually agree with.

I'm the type of person who would give the last 10 bucks in my name if someone needed it. I always give to people without expecting anything back even if they have wronged me or are cruel to me because I know the Lord has got me. Plus it makes me feel good to give to others. But the thing is I rarely ever see someone begging for stuff where I live. If I did see anyone, I would help them no doubt.

InvisibleSham87
mashAllah
Male

Re: so how does the shroomery handle beggars/panhandlers ? [Re: YSHServant]
    #18536082 - 07/09/13 07:41 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I help out druggies and alcoholics get their fix. :shrug:

I will never give a homeless person food again though. I once gave this homeless lady a bag full of pastries and other foods just to have her throw it away. Fuck that nigger bitch.

--------------------
:mushroom2::sun::crazy2::leaf:

...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right...

:feelsgoatman:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom