Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSuperbowl Bob
Very pleased with Mycobag growth...what next?
    #1851991 - 08/26/03 04:05 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I had this dream...here goes.

So I've been seeing some good growth in my 4 1lb bags. Nice white stuff, no contams, and I shake it up every time I see a lot of white. 36 hours later, there's more white, and is more spread out. The whole bag feels hard with colonization, so it's only a matter of time...I'd say less than a week, for full colonization. They were injected on the 15th, so it's been 11 days.

After it's fully white, what then? It's my first time trying any growing (and will be the first time enjoying the fruits of my labor! I'm a shroom virgin). It's hot and humid in my closet so it's perfect for growing. I have no experience with fruiting, casing, etc, and don't want to fuck it up. Should I let them grow in the bags?

I have a closet light but it's pretty weak. Can that be used for my 12 hours/day of light after full colonization? Should I set up my really bright desk lamp so it's pointing down on the bags?

Do I need to cut the bags like some strains? If I were to, say, be growing B+?

Thanks for all of your help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedarkmaula
Re: Very pleased with Mycobag growth...what next? [Re: Superbowl Bob]
    #1851996 - 08/26/03 04:08 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Nah, don't let them fruit in the bags, case em I say!

check out the faq or wait for someone else to reply on how to case

Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

Loc: Constantinople
Re: Very pleased with Mycobag growth...what next? [Re: darkmaula]
    #1852075 - 08/26/03 04:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

You have to case them!..... Otherwise you'll just have a few fruits.... use;

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7977

for casing.... Leaving them just the way they are and expecting fruits is a waste of substrate.... if they look like what you described, case them.... You'll be pleased!.... :smile:

--------------------

The word truth...... doesn't make any sense..... As if the word sense...... which isn't the truth.........

InvisibleSuperbowl Bob
Re: Very pleased with Mycobag growth...what next? [Re: ph_plus]
    #1852177 - 08/26/03 04:55 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Case them now? Or when it's fully white? If you said I should case them now, I'll take a pic in a couple days to show you and you let me know. I've read up on the PF Tek so much I could do it without looking at it, so I'll read and re-read the casing tek.

The white stuff looks like tiny little spikes, so I assume I'm headed in the right direction. It's like a bunch of hard little balls (spare the jokes!) that crush when I squeeze them.

I know you guys hate these questions, but with normal casing, given I don't fuck it up, what yeild should I expect? What if I leave it in the bags? How much would you expect from that?

Anonymous

#1852218 - 08/26/03 05:10 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I would at least it fruit in the bag for the first flush so you are gaurenteed shrooms (its the safest way). Then take out of bag dunk for 12 hours and case it then youll get huge fruits.

InvisibleSuperbowl Bob
    #1852223 - 08/26/03 05:12 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Shit that looks complicated. Picking out the sticks in my peat moss? Humidity gauges? Sterilization? I don't have a pressure cooker, so I can't sterilize my casing mix.

Looks to be a little too complicated for a newbie like me. Unless there's a better tek out there with pics and such, and broken down into steps instead of one big long mind grating paragraph, I'll have to try something else.

Anonymous

#1852230 - 08/26/03 05:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

just use verm for the casing and put it in the microwave to steralize it and it will work great. Its not hard

Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

Re: Very pleased with Mycobag growth...what next? [Re: fee]
    #1852257 - 08/26/03 05:29 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If they are grain type mycobags, you can't have satisfactory fruiting unless u case them... As for the sterilization idea, i'll have to agree with fee...... Using just verm or any other casing material doesn't matter..... Some of the people think that it's not necessary to sterilize the casing layer though....

--------------------

The word truth...... doesn't make any sense..... As if the word sense...... which isn't the truth.........

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
    #1852276 - 08/26/03 05:37 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

What type of myco bag is it? if its a normal myco bag just let it fruit in the bag. if grain based let me know i can type a simple solution for you.:)

InvisibleSuperbowl Bob
Re: Very pleased with Mycobag growth...what next? [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #1852492 - 08/26/03 06:34 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

its grain based from mycobag.com. And yeah, if anybody could type up a step by step for a simple casing method, that'd be great. I can use verm + something else. I also need to know where the perlite layer goes, etc.

Simply saying "put it in the microwave" isn't enough. I need to know how much, how long to cook it, how big my tupperware bin has to be (how many gallons, inches, etc), type of lighting that can/cannot work.

Thanks a bunch everybody. I hope this works out.

InvisibleTxTec
Texas home andheart breaker...

#1852532 - 08/26/03 06:47 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Verm with pott soil and pasturize is as simple as it gets...

--------------------
I felt a warm warm breeze that melted metal and steele

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
    #1852555 - 08/26/03 06:56 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

sterilization of casing mix is where you need to go with this.
you can do a 50\50 or just straight verm. for the 50\50 you need to read the faqs hawks 50\50. take straight verm put in bowl soak and stir until verm is totaly hydrated. Don't flood! load pint jars you probably need to poke some holes in the lid and tape over. then put foil over top. put in stock pot with either a wash cloth or a metal grid at the botton to hold the jars to keep glass from getting to hot.
bring water to a boil put jars in. cover . then turn temp down to the lowest setting and leave for 1 hour. take out.buy small baking tin pans at dollar store or wal mart. put a 1inch layer of verm on the bottom. cut bag pour grain evenly over verm. cover with 1/2 inch layer of verm. cover with tin foil leave for five to ten days. make terrarium buy huge ass clear tub at walmart go down to the gardening section buy perlite. go home! put perlite in strainer water until the water comes out the bottom. dump in tub spread evenly. cut tw half inch holes on the top of lid. put casing in mist sides cover with lid fan three times a day leave close to window seal. i really suggest that you read the faqs on bulk cultivation. your expected yeild here would be about two ounces. and if you went bulk you could pull 6 to 10. have a nice day and pm me for any further questions:)

Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

Re: Very pleased with Mycobag growth...what next? [Re: TxTec]
    #1852571 - 08/26/03 07:08 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

After your bags fully colonise,

1- Prepare a mixture of Pet. & Verm. or Coir. & Verm and nuke it for 20 min. at the highest setting at microwave....

2- Mix the colonised grain gooood while in the bag.....

3- Clean a pot with Lysol and rubbing alcohol....

4- Place 1 inches (@ least) of colonized grain in the pod....

5- Cover it with 1" casing layer (@ least again)......

6- Cover the cased pots with thin foil....

7- Incubate till you see some mycellium spreading over the surface of the casing lightly.....

8- Coldshock if needed... (if B+, cold shock is not needed)

9- Mist it heavily and place into fruiting chamber....

10- Search the FAQ for Terrariums..... That's my best.... good luck!...

--------------------

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
    #1852584 - 08/26/03 07:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

or just wait till the bag is fully colonized cut bag down too the substrate level. cover with casing layer put in fruiting chamber.

OfflineMOE.shrooms
Floyd Fan

Loc: super imposed onto dark s...
    #1852606 - 08/26/03 07:24 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

dude do what you want but I would birth them into a terrarium. Thats easy espically if you are a first timer. 10 gallon fish tank with perlite. Cant go wrong.

--------------------
This land is my land....and this sand is my sand.....and this band is my band....Ohhh the lonely boys "Roger Waters" Towers Of Faith

Invisibleph_plus
Malkawian

#1852610 - 08/26/03 07:25 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

yeah... that would also work.... But with a smaller yield.... You can have like 10-15 casings (10" x 25" pots) following my post....
But preschooler's advice will also work and will be simpler.... But you'll just have one casing in the size of the bag... It'll fruit at the sides also though...

--------------------

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
    #1852658 - 08/26/03 07:43 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

true:)

Offlinegarbage

#1855311 - 08/27/03 03:03 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

afoaf had his very first experience ever growing mushrooms and decided to use the mycobags. he decided to case them and found it very easy. and now there are pins everywhere.

--------------------
  Vaporbrothers :smile:

InvisibleSuperbowl Bob
Re: Very pleased with Mycobag growth...what next? [Re: garbage]
    #1859026 - 08/28/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If I were to case them, what ingredients would I need? Just list them. If I were to go out right now to different stores, all I would need would be:

1)
2)

etc

List the cheapest items (plastic bin instead of glass fish tank). Thanks!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale