Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePieEyedPiper
Stranger
Loc: Beautiful BC
Packing for your trip
    #1851984 - 08/26/03 04:03 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I'm new around the shroomery, but have just recently finished reading it cover to cover. I love it.
I'm a somewhat experienced tripper, and have tried a method or two of "packing" before, but what do you guys do? I've decided that packing may be key to a more spiritual and incredible experience. I once "packed" with watching LOTR 2 (divx 3cd) the morning before, and i had a far out level 4 and yes Legolas and Aragorn were included.
I guess what my question is, is how should i pack? It often seems difficult to decide what i should load up on and in what form and when.

Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Packing for your trip [Re: PieEyedPiper]
    #1852045 - 08/26/03 04:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

pack for what you want i'd say. lets say you want to go travelling. well you'll pack different if you're going to japan opposed to the north pole. think about it. what kind of trip do you want? is it camping or are you blasting off to the moon? :wink: that's my tip of the day lol. have fun! 

InvisibleSuperbowl Bob
Re: Packing for your trip [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #1852352 - 08/26/03 05:58 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

you read the shroomery cover to cover? My monitor is made out of plastics, LCD, and some wires coming out of the back. There's no cover though.

OfflinePieEyedPiper
Stranger
    #1853214 - 08/26/03 10:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

wow, I'm sorry I didnt expect there to be those of you poeple who would react so poorly. I thought I would be able to share some information and gather some here in these forums, kinda figured thats what they're for, not picking apart posts and following up with nonsensical comments. I was merely stating that I read through all the pages, sorry you couldn't understand that.

Thanks for the input smurf, at least some of us can be objective.

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #1853253 - 08/26/03 10:35 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

im relly interested in what others have to say too, but as for my own advice for packing, i suggest meditation for sure :-)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB
Re: Packing for your trip [Re: entiformatie]
    #1853376 - 08/26/03 11:05 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

bring crayons. crayons are awesome.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Packing for your trip [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #1853406 - 08/26/03 11:13 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i think this is a great topic, right off you sound like a serious poster, and that gets good vote's from me :wink:

When i trip..i like to start in short's and have loose pants and a tight hoodie or sweater...in my pack, a bottle of water, maybe a blanket, marijuana, candle's or incense..

but really, it depends what kinda trip your goin for..like he said. Perhaps if you would like insight...you could offer us some scenerio's.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlineeggystardust
Viva elDirector!

Re: Packing for your trip [Re: PDU]
    #1853480 - 08/26/03 11:37 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I always want my headphones with some good psychadelic music, a pack of cigarettes are pure bliss on shrooms!, a sketchpad, a strange blinking light thing that ends up popping around all over the place while tripping, and an open mind!

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #1853872 - 08/27/03 02:19 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hi :smile:

Well, when I packed for my trip I watched alot of nature shows on the discovery channel and the animal planet channel, as well as the travel channel.  In addition I spent about six hours previous to my trip reading a fantasy novel.  Just alot of stress-free, knowledge and brain-cranking stuff.  I'm glad I did.  This is a great topic and I'm glad you started it! 

-ShadeGirl 

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1853880 - 08/27/03 02:22 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Depends on what you want to gain from the trip. If it's just a fun orientated trip, I'd probably spend the day listening to upbeat tunes, watching some funny videos, relaxing.
If you want a very thoughtful, ponderous trip, perhaps watch some far out documentaries on things like space exploration, the universe etc. There's a BBC Space doco with Sam Neill as the narrator, which could be quite good to pack into your mind before a trip. Maybe read some books on a topic that interests you. Trouble with reading is that it takes longer to pack.
Once I read a bit of LOTR while waiting for my acid to kick in. I was sitting outside, listening to the birds chirp and fully into the novel. I stopped reading once it kicked in though.

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: Packing for your trip [Re: Sheepish]
    #1854047 - 08/27/03 05:43 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

(quick reply, so it's not applicable to a few of you. :wink: )

Guys, he's not talking about packing materials for the trip, he's talking about packing his head.  :wink:

Anyway, yeah, that's how you should pack.  I most heartily suggest films such as "Princess Mononoke" and "Spirited Away," too; these make great packing material.

I'd also suggest good poetry8 that appeals to you, music that evokes good mental states and images (...I almost always find myself playing things by Genesis and Yes and other 80s bands before I trip....)  I'd suggest trying -not- to get heavily involved in a video game before a trip, else you'll wind up replaying scenes from it, from my experience, and that's just not something I'm that interested in.  :smile: 

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflinePala
Dharma Bum

Loc: Within You Without You
    #1854119 - 08/27/03 07:19 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It also depends how long you have until you plan to trip. If it's only a day or two, I'd recommend some articles/threads on spirituality, philosophy, etc either here or at the Lycaeum. Also check out some nature shows, take a walk, listen to interesting music, and meditate some. Check out some visionary artwork (there's a lot at the Shroomery, and even more at the Lycaeum and at Erowid's Art and Culture vault). I recommend Alex Grey, Robert Venosa, Mati Klarwen (sp?), among others. If you want, read some trip reports, too.

If you've got a longer time (at least a week, preferably more like a month or so), read some mystical texts, philosophical books, or whatever interests you. Take up regular meditation, maybe yoga, martial arts, etc.

As others have said, it all depends on what you're aiming for. Happy trips!!

--------------------
huh????

OfflineKraut
Stranger
Loc: Germany
Re: Packing for your trip [Re: Sev]
    #1854125 - 08/27/03 07:23 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

HI!

Like PieEyedPiper I am new at the shroomery as well. So hello to you all!  :smile:
Nice idea of a thread PieEyedPiper ... I am thinking about the "packing"-thing since some time as well, though I have absolutely no experience with anything "harder" than MJ or alcohol.

Actually I?m wondering about what I would pack my mind with if I would be up to shrooms. Ok, someone already pointed out it should depend on what one expects from the trip. So here is my question:
If I would expect a somewhat personal insight of my innerself and the "What?s life all about"-stuff, couldn?t it just be disturbing to pack ANYthing? Wouldn?t it be more helpful to be able to solely concentrate on what?s on your mind (it?s actually mostly me and the world around me) without the distraction of any documentary or book?

Hope I don?t bother you with a personal question in this thread. Just thought it?d fit the issue perfectly.

--------------------
---------------------------------

Action -> Reaction ... so simple!

OfflinePieEyedPiper
Stranger
Re: Packing for your trip [Re: Kraut]
    #1854239 - 08/27/03 09:06 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys! Thanks for all the ideas, keep 'em coming! We can talk about either or, packing items and packing knowledge. I'm interested in both.
ShadeGirl, awesome idea, I think a fantasy novel and discovery channel would be great ways to pack. I'll most likely try them out and maybe a space doc or two as well, as per sheepish' suggestion.
A few of you have mentioned meditation, In what form?
As for items I like to bring along, for example on my last trip I went tubing down a nearby river. Rockin time.
I brought with me my thermos (full with magik mint tea), my nugz and food for througout the day. Now I liked it and all, but I think if I brought a packsack and wondered into the woods next time I might like it more. I was thinking of packing lots of nature orientated stuff and maybe bringing my buddies Game Boy Advance, just for a litle piece of civilization (and strange little italian men!) on my journey. Music too will be key, I was thinking some DPG - Coastin, and lots of Led Zeppelin/Ben Harper/Donovan. Crayons, also a great idea, I'm gonna pick up a 24 pack today.
Great stuff guys!

OfflinePieEyedPiper
Stranger
    #1854258 - 08/27/03 09:17 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

oo just saw my mushies under my name, thx PDU!

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
    #1854305 - 08/27/03 09:37 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Id say Walkman with Musik which you like. Favourite drink, cigs and weed. - A Football! Oh, and of course your best friends!

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

OfflineFlowGnome
The artistformerly knownas Boobs McFeely

Re: Packing for your trip [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #1854548 - 08/27/03 11:20 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Stare at goatse for at least an hour before your trip and I guarantee you'll see the void.

OfflinePieEyedPiper
Stranger
Re: Packing for your trip [Re: FlowGnome]
    #1854616 - 08/27/03 11:39 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

come on...
Click it i DARE you
afterall. it was your suggestion

but really, I'd rather stick to topic.

OfflineFlowGnome
The artistformerly knownas Boobs McFeely

#1854974 - 08/27/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe if you take that .com off of there so it really works.

www.goatse.cx

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Packing for your trip [Re: Ahab McBathsalts]
    #1856714 - 08/27/03 09:26 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

>bring crayons. crayons are awesome.
Twice in the same post, too.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder