Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinehealing
Strangest
Female

Loc: the universe, the milky w...
Re: Open-Source Autonomous Grow Kits [Re: appsincontrol]
    #18521074 - 07/06/13 04:50 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

appsincontrol said:
Quote:

You will still have to do all the work. You're automating all of the parts that are already automated by building a monotub.

Let me reiterate, I'm not interested in any tubs, wires or hoses exposed in my process. I want something elegant with as little hands on maintenance as possible.

Quote:

I agree. It doesn't have to be a practical application of his skills. I'm just pointing it out.

I got a few similar responses when I decided to build a control system for my DJ5L

Now I control my old Postal Truck from anywhere with an app I developed with about $80 worth of parts. Why? Because I can and I enjoy building shit.

Your point is received and I'm choosing to ignore it. If you'd like to offer suggestions with some sort of productivity or any other insightful input on making this WORK and not trying to shut it down, let's hear it. Otherwise, dude take your small box thinking and move on.

So I looked more carefully at your plans. You're going to be using a fan to cool the unit. Depending on how you use it, the fan might not work for certain parts of the mushroom's life cycle. During colonization and consolidation of the substrate the mycelium needs to be covered to prevent the growth of contaminants and minimize the amount of fresh air blowing across the substrate.

If you need to keep the terrarium cool during the colonization and consolidation process, your fans will need to be on the outside of the terrarium or something.

If you do need the fans to blow air through the terrarium, you probably want to add HEPA filters to them to keep them from saturating your substrate with contaminants.

Do you know how to make a monotub? I think that if you look into it, you would be able to use the knowledge you gain to make your design a little simpler.

Just as an example. To keep the humidity level relatively stable, but allow for the airflow that fruiting mushies need, a monotub has four holes filled with polyfill. So fans are overkill and could actually hinder the growth of your mushrooms by blowing away all of the humidity your fogger is producing. Your problem then becomes something like cranking up your AC because your heater is making your house too hot, instead of just turning both of them off and enjoying the good weather.

--------------------
Open mind, open heart, open book.

Edited by healing (07/06/13 08:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelil_demented
Loner will lone
Male User Gallery

Re: Open-Source Autonomous Grow Kits [Re: healing]
    #18522245 - 07/06/13 08:55 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Fans dry out your my mycelium to the point that it becoms prone to contamination.

That's a terrible way to manage temp. Adjusting the thermostat in the house would be better.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags