Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMiNiSpEtZ
Howdy stranger

Loc: Droplet of water in a big...
Led lighting?!
    #1850990 - 08/26/03 10:06 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I was just wondering if anyone has ever used it for growth, im sure someone has, Im gonna try a experiment to see if it will work :laugh:. Anyways if anyone has ever tried it or knows anything about it post some pic's or what you tried. Any advice will come in handy thanks ! :cool:
[image]

--------------------
Pain is your friend, it lets you know you are still alive. Over coming pain is just a question of mind over matter, if you dont mind, it dont matter.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRohypnol
Vice Figurehead

Re: Led lighting?! [Re: MiNiSpEtZ]
    #1851014 - 08/26/03 10:13 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I need to keep my fruiting chamber in the dark, so I am going to attach an LED powered by 2 double A's on the inside top cover of the chamber.

OfflineMiNiSpEtZ
Howdy stranger

Re: Led lighting?! [Re: Rohypnol]
    #1851021 - 08/26/03 10:17 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

cool, I am almost positive it will work, people use these to grow plants and it works fine, so im gonna try it out and see how it works out with mushies :laugh: , good luck and tell me(us) how it works!

--------------------
Pain is your friend, it lets you know you are still alive. Over coming pain is just a question of mind over matter, if you dont mind, it dont matter.

Edited by MiNiSpEtZ (08/26/03 10:17 AM)

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: Led lighting?! [Re: MiNiSpEtZ]
    #1852615 - 08/26/03 07:27 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Don't you just hate it when a big reply goes the way of oblivion because your browser crashes? As a result I will only post a summary of what I was saying.

I am fairly "into" led based lighting so perhaps I can shed some light on this, I am thinking that you got that image from overgrow where I happened upon an LED marijuana growlight discussion.

My advice to you would be that your research I think is welcome, I certainly am interested but I feel that many people will tell you that light intensity and the likes will probably not really achieve much. I did have an idea to try to use lighting to accelerate growth using a 6on/6off/6on/6off deal.

I would not recommend you go out and buy a small fortune worth of LEDS unless you want to experiment with a plant that responds to light. Your money will probably be wasted. I would experiment with no more than 5 20mA high intensity blue leds if I were you. You can try other colours but I believe the blue spectrum is where you should be focussing.

I would be interested to see the effects of a casings experiencing only one colour.. ie.. 3 casings, one takes red, one takes green, one takes blue.. that type of thing, there are other colours such as white but as we already know white is simply red, blue and green.

Anyway I will post more if you are interested.

OfflineMiNiSpEtZ
Howdy stranger

Re: Led lighting?! [Re: utopianglory]
    #1853008 - 08/26/03 09:26 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yea, thats where I got it (someone I know), anyways ill be doing almost the experiment you said with green, blue and red. Ill post some pictures when im done with the tests, i just got to get some cash together and make everything superfly perfect :laugh: thanks, sorry that your browser crashed happend to me 2 times when I posted this haha

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder