Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
old hand

Sporeworks, email problems - please read
    #1850955 - 08/26/03 11:52 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Howdie folks,

This is just a quick little note to let everyone know that we've been having some email problems here at Sporeworks.com.

It appears as though something infected our systems and was attaching "jetservers.com" to the end of all emails replied to recently. Because emails would read "joe@joeblow.com.jetservers.com" most were apparently bounced back to us.

We receive a good number of bounced email on a daily basis and as a result usually wholesale delete anything with a heading like "Mail Service Unavailable" or "Undeliverable Mail."

However, I caught on to the fact that many outgoing emails were being immediately bounced back due to the "jetservers.com" addition. I fixed as many as I could find and reforwarded, but some might have gotten lost in the mix.

If you've sent email to Sporeworks in the last week but have yet to receive a reply, please resend. We have answered all mail in our inboxes so if there is an unanswered or unaddressed question it is likely that your email fell victim to the situation I just described.

We've cleaned our systems and they appear to be running smoothly again. Does anyone know if this was a virus infection, if so, which one? Is there a specific tool to remove? We run two different AV softwares on our network so I'm pretty sure it's clean.

Take care and thanks for your patience and understanding.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: Sporeworks, email problems - please read [Re: psilocyber]
    #1853817 - 08/27/03 03:53 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i'm not having probs with emails ,but when i go to the site i get a error message and then bang i'm wiped off the internet!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum