Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

ahhhh Help i was almost caught tonight!!!!!!!!!
    #1850496 - 08/26/03 02:17 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Tonight delivered me quite a scare. I was looking for shrooms in this field where I always go and while I was in the depths of the field I noticed a cop-car parked behind mine and was shining his spotlight into the field. (this is a pretty desolate road..a car only goes by like every 20 mins.) I was out of view from the spotlight so I just walked parrallel to the road (by the trees) and decided to approch the road from a distance...Of course I dropped the little shrooms I had along with my flashlight and scissors and approached the road. I was just going to jog towards my car (and the cop) on the same road and say that I come out here to nature to run and get exercise. Before I got to my car...the cop took off. But while I was driving away the cop pulled me over and told me to get out of the car. He searched my car and pulled up my files and found nothing of course cause my record is clean and so was my car. I stuck with my story that I was getting in shape to maybe join the army but he refused to believe me as he said, "you were prowling in the woods lookin for mushrooms." I denied all allegations and no "official" charges were pressed. However, he said that he was writing me up for investigation field narcotic unit or something like that..........What can happen? can he get a warrant to search my address? Can they launch an investigation and search my Mail? Does anyone know....please respond... Im a little freaked out.
Sincerely, Orizon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLaxy

Re: ahhhh Help i was almost caught tonight!!!!!!!!! [Re: orizon]
    #1850515 - 08/26/03 02:31 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hahaha, no dude he is just fucking with you. Don't even worry about it. Cops do shit like that all the time. A few years ago a buddy of mine was smoking weed at the dorms. Cops showed up he BSed and got off clean. Before the cops left they told im that they would keep in touch. He never heard a word from him.

I may be wrong, but I honestly think he is just fucking with you.

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
    #1850517 - 08/26/03 02:32 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I dont know much about the law over there, but as you haven't commited a crime and have a clean record I doubt anything will happen. In order to search your address, they would have to have suspicion that you were storing mushrooms or some other drugs in there and im sure they need some form of evidence before a warrant can be issued. Like I said I don't know bout the pigs over there, but one would think they have bigger things to focus resources on rather than some "strange man who goes jogging in fields"  :smile:
Chill 

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1850519 - 08/26/03 02:33 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Depends where you live. First of all don't get freaked out about it. They prolly won't do shit. Like honestly, do you really think the cops are going to waste time and money on one insignificant (to them) person looking for a few mushrooms for themselves? i doubt it. #1 if yer out looking for some then they should know you OBVIOUSLY arent growing them. yer also not buying them from a dealer if yer just picking them. he found nothing on you and you have a clean record. if i've learned anything from cops is all they do for minor things such as this, is they try and scare the shit out of you. obviously it worked. they've done it to me. just always stay cool. now i would recommend to be just a little extra careful the next little bit and if you have anything you shouldnt have then possible hide it really well or keep it somewhere else. that's only if you're super paranoid though and really can't afford being caught with anything. otherwise just sit back and relax. i was out super late one night smoking weed and the cops came and took my name and shit they didnt even call my parents or fuck all. so like i said just chill out, they're prolly just fuckin wit ya.

Offlinebeam
Re: ahhhh Help i was almost caught tonight!!!!!!!!! [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1850525 - 08/26/03 02:38 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I agree with Laxy, they always say they will ring your parents (if your underage like me) or investigate you etc, and they never do in the majority of the time. They do it to make you think about what you have done or what your thinking of doing trying to make you hopefully change your ways, obviously he strongly suspected what you were doing, and people have probably been seen or caught there before so don't go back to that spot imo.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1850531 - 08/26/03 02:41 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like he's bluffing. He knows he has nothing on you, so he's trying to make it sound like he can bust your ass like there's no tomorrow. Good thinking on dropping the shrooms/flashlight before going back to the car. Pays to play it cool and be a quick thinker in situations like these.
But, like the person above me said - it'd pay not to go back to that field, or keep your head low for a while.

Anonymous

Re: ahhhh Help i was almost caught tonight!!!!!!!!! [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #1850543 - 08/26/03 02:49 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

allright, just one peice of background on this one....we were in 8th grade, 8th graders do stupid shit, nuff said.

A friend of mine had an experience with cops tryin to fuck with him before.  He took(according to the cops, and the mom of the kid he *borrowed* it from) a bike from this kid that was playing basketball near the center of my town.  He had a backpack full (literally) of cigars that he (along with me and a few other friends) had taken from this store.  The cop searched the bag, found all the shit and said that "youd be better off telling me where you stole these from, cuz you can get in more trouble for having them"  My friend was, obviously, a really dumb kid.  Was arrested, almost had to go to court, but the guy that owned the store didnt press charges.

The point of all that rambling was to make the point that cops are dicks and will try and freak you out.  the point got mixed up in some shit and couldnt find its way out.  sorry, im dexing  :grin:

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: ahhhh Help i was almost caught tonight!!!!!!!!! [Re: ]
    #1850610 - 08/26/03 04:11 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the quick response guys....I was just bout to dump out all my freakin culture jars....Another thing thats kinda weird is that I didnt sign anything or get any kinda documentation like I would in a warning-ticket. Nevertheless I wanna keep my record clean...Im gonna find out more about this "proclaimed" allegation and if you want Ill respond with whatever I find out...(so far I havent found anything on this "field unit" from searchin the web.) Thanks again,
Orizon

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1850670 - 08/26/03 05:37 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah. Basically, the guy was just tryign to scare you. He certainly hasn't got enough evidence for anythign that would get him a warrant to search your house.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineaPs781
Stranger
Loc: MA
Re: ahhhh Help i was almost caught tonight!!!!!!!!! [Re: Sev]
    #1850790 - 08/26/03 08:13 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

u can really get arrested for finding mushrooms in fields?

Anonymous

Re: ahhhh Help i was almost caught tonight!!!!!!!!! [Re: aPs781]
    #1850794 - 08/26/03 08:17 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

no theres an exception, if you find shrooms in a field theyre legal...:grin:

btw, where in MA are you from, im in MA too

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: ahhhh Help i was almost caught tonight!!!!!!!!! [Re: aPs781]
    #1850815 - 08/26/03 08:37 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

aPs781 said:
u can really get arrested for finding mushrooms in fields?

It depends on where you are. In most states you will get arrested for picking shrooms if you are caught with a psilocybin mushroom while in a field. If they don't find anything on you they might try to inflict the strictest penalty for trespassing that they can.
In Florida you can possess fresh shrooms without being in violation of the law, but the cops will find something else to get you on.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinebluedolphin

Re: ahhhh Help i was almost caught tonight!!!!!!!!! [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1852567 - 08/26/03 07:04 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hey I'm from MA too... what kind of shrooms are you hoping to find in MA? I thought we only had Big Laughing Gyms here (low potency and nasty).

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
    #1852609 - 08/26/03 07:25 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It is illegal for the cop to search your car without permission from you. you can sue him especially since he didnt find shit on u. all u gotta say is that ur in a hurry and u dont have time for this, or ur really tired from the run and u just want to go to sleep in ur case. this is America and u have rights.

also read this : http://www.erowid.org/freedom/police/police_consent1.shtml

and this :
http://www.erowid.org/freedom/police/police_info1.shtml

and go here :

http://www.erowid.org/freedom/police/police.shtml

and here :

http://www.erowid.org/freedom/freedom.shtml

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: ahhhh Help i was almost caught tonight!!!!!!!!! [Re: ShamanSean]
    #1852665 - 08/26/03 07:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

ya I woulda of declared my civil rights if I had anything on me....but since I didnt, I allowed him to search. Its always smarter to cooperate if you know there cant be any consequences. And either though possession of fresh magic mushrooms isnt illegal....I still wouldnt want the extra trouble. He was saying that he was, "waiting for the day when he catches me with a bagpack full of shrooms" (Sounds pretty scary to me) even if the florida law states otherwise.
Piece, Orizon

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
    #1852673 - 08/26/03 07:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

how the fuck did he know you were searching for mushrooms!??!?

is that feild well known for mushroom hunting? do you look like a hippy or something

OfflineBlammo300

#1852775 - 08/26/03 08:26 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Well since there isnt a car around for 20 minutes usually is it a small town? If its a small town it could be that the police have nothing better to do then bust potential drug users.

--------------------
"Sorry, I got lost on the road of life."

"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #1852810 - 08/26/03 08:36 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Are you in north, south or middle florida. Just currious im in south florida

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: ahhhh Help i was almost caught tonight!!!!!!!!! [Re: d33p]
    #1852923 - 08/26/03 09:05 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Mid-Florida.....and I dont look like a hippy or anything. Im a clean-cut kid...He just said hes been in these parts for a while and knows whats going on. The road is like 6 miles long and sorrounded my cow fields so I guess it could me known for shroom hunting. There are 4 colleges within a 10 mile radius of this place and this particular area is of course rural but a half an hour drive would get you to a big city. I dont want to say too much of the exact location or what I look like-dressed in for my own protection. Im still al little etchy on this whole thing. Im def. not parking my car there anymore...for now on Im gonna ride a bike (and park at a motel 1 mile away) or have a friend drop me off. Im still in the process of discovering the details of this incrimination so stay check back if you wanna hear more.
piece, Erik

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #1853123 - 08/26/03 09:56 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

It sounds like I live in your area. The cops know what a car parked by a field means around here, especially this time of year. Sometimes I would ride the bus and walk the rest of the way, like 4 miles or so, I always found it amusing riding the bus back into town with a grocery bag of shrooms, and no one was the wiser. After a while the bus driver got to know me but never asked questions.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds