Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
rihizomorphic strains
    #1850452 - 08/26/03 01:44 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

which strains are extreemely rihizomorphic? i know so far that eq is but thats all i know. any help?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineacidhead1279
Master Of AllThings Hip
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere on the other si...
Re: rihizomorphic strains [Re: ZippoZ]
    #1850465 - 08/26/03 01:55 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

man hualtua is the shit, potent and extremely rhizomorphic, at least compared to the EQs that my dog grew

--------------------
Farewell FRSE!  We had such good times together.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #1850471 - 08/26/03 01:57 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Any strain of Cubensis will produce rhizomorphic mycelium (at least all I have seen), but some more than others. I would have to say from my experience that Mazapatec's have produced some of the fattest rhizomorphs that I have ever seen.

--------------------
To give is to live...

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: rihizomorphic strains [Re: ATWAR]
    #1850501 - 08/26/03 02:23 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

rihizomorphic? maybee i dont know what that means, because to the best of my knowledge all maztapec mycelia i have seen were not what i considered to be rihizomorphic
can anyone further explain this rihizomorphic to me>?

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlineacidhead1279
Master Of AllThings Hip
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere on the other si...
    #1850508 - 08/26/03 02:27 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Rhyzomorph
Root-like. An adjective used to describe the appearance of the mycelium of some mushroom strains. Rhyzomorphic growing mycelium is usually a sign of a well fruiting strain.
)

basically it means that the more rhyzomorphic something (i.e. mycelium)is, the faster/stronger it will spread

i think thats about right, anybody else?

--------------------
Farewell FRSE!  We had such good times together.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: rihizomorphic strains [Re: acidhead1279]
    #1850533 - 08/26/03 02:43 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, thats the stuff

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #1850655 - 08/26/03 05:14 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
rihizomorphic? maybee i dont know what that means, because to the best of my knowledge all maztapec mycelia i have seen were not what i considered to be rihizomorphic

Interesting. Mine was extremely rhizomorphic, looking like actual strings poking through my casing layer. Some of them were at least 1/16" thick or more, looking like little white braided ropes. While mine was rhizomorphic, it does not mean all Mazatapec mycelium will show this type of growth. We all have seen both rhizomorphic and tomentose types of growth from the same strain, and one degrades into the latter. It all has to do with the health of the mycelial mat, and genetics. I don?t think asking what strain has the most rhizomorphic mycelium will get you a good answer, just an opinion. I have seen strong rizzo growth on quite a few strains other than Mazzies, although that batch was the craziest...

As for strong rhizomorphic growth showing a strong willingness to fruit: That casing produced the heaviest pinset I have ever seen. The entire surface that was once covered with "ropes" transformed into a gigantic mat of pins. They were solid, wall to wall packed in there. I knew it would be a good pinset when I saw the growth, but that was just too much.

--------------------
To give is to live...

InvisibleDatDaNK420
SeriousShroomage
Re: rihizomorphic strains [Re: ATWAR]
    #1850851 - 08/26/03 09:04 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Creepers for sure.............

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck