Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
spore works please answer!
    #1844038 - 08/23/03 07:14 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Does your company have anything to do with spore bank? And if so please explain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemadhatter250
Stranger

Re: spore works please answer! [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #1845098 - 08/24/03 09:15 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Sporebank drop ships sporeworks products and use to steal alternate URL's of legitimate vendors to use to there advantage. I have never heard anything good about them although Sporeworks seems to be straight.
Tyler says:
"You are not your URL"

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #1845512 - 08/24/03 01:49 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I don't work for either Sporeworks or Spore Bank...

BUT I will shed some light on a subject that seem to be coming up here from time to time.

Drop shipping. 

Drop shipping is when a company sells an items and they have another company ship that item.

For example.  Comany ABC wants to sells spores but they don't want to put out the money in any kind of inventory. So what they'll do is contact another comapny who is currently stocking the product.

Whenever company ABC gets an order, they forward it to their supplier and they ship it out with company ABC's return addess.  Its a simple way for people to start a business, expand and keep their costs down.  Company ABC runs and operates their business anyway they want, they just have someone else ship their orders.

As far as your question is concerned, its somewhat open ended.

What I mean is, no business has to explain their business practices to anyone except the IRS :smile: 

I don't know if sporeworks as any association with spore bank, but if they do, thats their business (period).  Private businesses don't endulge their practices in open, public forums.  So please don't be too disappointed if some of the answers posted here aren't very detailed.

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: spore works please answer! [Re: Lana]
    #1847431 - 08/25/03 02:33 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I seem to remember sporeworks referring to sporebank as "resellers" of their product.

Sporebank are often found advertising much wider than sporeworks probably do, their prices are I believe slightly higher than sporeworks.  They also use some images from the sporeworks site - in some cases mirroring them :smile:

I like sporeworks, I think they are good people but I don't know about sporebank.. Seems to me they are more of a company who are selling to people who don't know about the wonderful group of vendors here.

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: spore works please answer! [Re: utopianglory]
    #1849171 - 08/25/03 05:30 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

any respectable company would explain their buisness if someone asked.
just like the company im involved with if someone ask we explain. but you are right they don't have to. I also think it is very shady of sporeworks being a shroomery sponser not to shed some light on us when i directly asked a question to them. I know what drop shipping is. this is the only way my company does our buisness. but if a product is screwed up we get it back and fix it or we will lose the buisness. I really can't believe that sporeworks would have anything to do with them. Because ive dealt with sporeworks and there a good vendor. they obviously have to be involved with them to be drop shipping for them. because our company is definatley involved with the buisness we drop ship for. and its not to smart of a buiness move for sporeworks to be competing and supplying another company with product thats why i believe their the same company.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
    #1849712 - 08/25/03 08:47 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

preschooler said:
any  respectable company would explain their buisness if someone asked.
just like the company im involved with if someone ask we explain.

Is your business in a grey area like sporeworks and other vendors? Why don't we then ask the vendors who supplies them with spores being that growing magic mushrooms is illegal in the US and most countries in the world. I mean we can't exactly compare walmart to sporeworks can we?  :rolleyes:

Sporeworks has answered this question before that they drop ship for sporebank.

Have you ever considered that sporeworks might believe that having a business relationship with the "URL stealer" puts them in a position to have him change that? They can better influence someone as a 'friend' rather than an enemy.

Remember theshroomery.org is also stolen by sporebank and we have a vested interest in having this resolved, and I trust sporeworks is doing what they can to help resolve the situation.

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: spore works please answer! [Re: Thor]
    #1850373 - 08/26/03 12:45 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Have you ever considered that sporeworks might believe that having a business relationship with the "URL stealer" puts them in a position to have him change that? They can better influence someone as a 'friend' rather than an enemy.

Sounds nice, but not likely. We are talking about business men and women, not international diplomats working on a peace resolution :smile: This situation has been going on for sometime now; has this "business relationship with the URL stealer" had a positive effect? Doesnt seem like it from an objective point-of-view.

Sporeworks' motivation is probably a money thing. The profits generated from drop shipping for Sporebank added to the redirection of a competators sales (i.e. Ralpster to Sporebank via the stolen URL) equals market power and money in the bank for Sporeworks. And that, quite simply, is the shrewd game of business.

The solution is twofold: 1) boycott Sporebank 2) politely urge Sporeworks to conduct business with more ethical resellers 

I am sure others share my opinion. peace :thumbup: 

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#1850896 - 08/26/03 09:24 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

any respectable company would explain their buisness if someone asked.

As it's been pointed out in the past:

Sporeworks is a direct retail and wholeseller for ALL types of mycological/biological equipment, supplies, cultures and spores. If you haven't noticed lately, we've done a LOT more with our businss than just expand our Psilocybe cubensis strain base. Because of this our business interests are VERY diverse and now truly international. As a result, this puts us in contact with a wide variety of sellers, marketers, and resellers around the globe focusing on all types of mushroom study and cultivation.

As a result we offer drop shipping services for many established businesses. We also offer some other business services, but those are between our clients and us (you wouldn't want me discussing your personal relationship or purchasing now would you?). Since many of our products are unique and prorietary and can't be found anywhere else in the world our associates find the drop shipping option a good way to reach different audiences with their business.

One such arrangement is with Sporebank.com. We also have similar relationships with Micron Magick Mycology Market, Shamanshop.net and now MycoGrow.com.

These associates have different business models, reach different types of customers, and pursue different marketing and advertising avenues. Some are agressively marketed, others passively. Our primary goal with Sporeworks retail direct has always been to keep product prices low for our direct customers, one sacrifice we have to make to keep this happening is to reduce our own direct marketing and advertising. Our associates, on the other hand, mostly depend on costly advertising and marketing to keep their businesses profitable (MMMM might be an exception in this case). As with all these resellers, we allow them the use of our images and oftent the text descriptions as well. Does this mean that Sporeworks.com is the same as MMMM as the same as Shamanshop.net as the same as MycoGrow.com as the same as Sporebank.com? Not so. These are completely different businesses run by different individuals who target and sell to completely different markets.

Sporebank.com sells our products at a slightly higher rate in order to compensate for their increased advertising and marketing expenses. We feel that their pricing structure is still very reasonable and certainly wouldn't do business with anyone that was blatantly ripping off the consumer by inflated prices (ie STP).

However, as it has been explained, business can get tricky, and competition is a healthy thing that has lead to all kinds of benefits to the consumer.

Sporeworks trys to give all it's customers (even those we drop ship to for other merchants) the highest priority service available. This can be complicated a little bit by the fact that we deal with 5 different e-commerce platforms.

I know for a fact that many of Sporebank.com's customer service issues stem from the antiquated e-commerce system they are currently running. It malfunctions from time to time, not sending out notices to customers or to us about pending orders. We try to figure these problems out with minimal delay so items can still be delivered in a timely manner. I'm sure that if you write to the folks at Sporebank.com they will take care of you in a quick and friendly manner. Sporebank is in the process of upgrading their systems so hopefully this problem will be fixed in the near future.

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: spore works please answer! [Re: psilocyber]
    #1851232 - 08/26/03 11:41 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

please read the flame rules for this forum Ralph, we do not need any new vendor wars.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Edited by Thor (08/26/03 06:28 PM)

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: spore works please answer! [Re: psilocyber]
    #1851402 - 08/26/03 12:54 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

psilocyber,

I do not think the Shroomery community has any real problem with drop shipping in and of itself nor with the customer service of Sporebank (as problematic as it is). That is practically irrelevent. The root of the problem has to do with the stolen, faux URL that redirects to the Sporebank website and your support of such underhanded behavior. This is quite unethical and beyond the realm of fair competition.

Please address the real issue.

Why do you conduct business with an unethical vendor? If your business is truly diverse and international, why align yourself with some silly kid who has contributed nothing but negativity to the community? Why take the risk losing customers over this issue? I, for one, would not want to purchase from Sporeworks because of your support for Sporebank and I am sure others feel the same.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

Loc: Central Florida
Re: spore works please answer! [Re: Xochitl]
    #1851785 - 08/26/03 02:57 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

also, it makes sporeworks a target imo. Take out the heart of operations (sporeworks) and you've hurt not just one myco-vendor, (Sporeworks) but also Micron Magick Mycology Market, Shamanshop.net and MycoGrow.com. Not to mention, it would would cripple sporebank.com.

Dont get me wrong, sporeworks has came through for me in the distant past. There services have always been good to me and has been delivererd as promised.

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
Re: spore works please answer! [Re: Xochitl]
    #1851907 - 08/26/03 03:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I didn't mean to make anyone angry here.I just got pissed off the other day when i was trying to give someone ralphster44's website url and it went to sporebank. Although until sporeworks drops all ties with sporebank i will continue not to order from them and never suggest there services again to anyone in the shroomery or anywhere. but don't change your buisness on my account hell your prices are too high and your shipping time is like 2 1/2 weeks.
And i can bet you that sporeworks website isn't being stolen. Because other vendors have shown you respect!

oh and thor........ no my buisness is not in the grey area. and i understand your point:)

thanks for all the replys i just hate theifs

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
    #1852409 - 08/26/03 06:12 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think the issue has been explained and addressed. No need to keep this open as it will only invite a vendor flame war at this point.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale