Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAcid_Zombiie
Stoned Wanderer
How do you people keep your sanity?
    #1850117 - 08/25/03 11:01 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ok, there is alot of different ideas, emotions, opnions etc. swirling through my mind right now(btw im sober), so its going to be hard to articulate exactly what im feeling, but im trying my best and i hope you'll bear with me.

I'll just get right to the point, a month ago, me and some friends took some shrooms. Long story short, i expierenced ego-loss. The problem was when it happened, because most people say that it usually happens at the peak of the trip, when the shroom is most actively fucking up your brain (or so i assume) but for me, it happened HOURS after the peak, and it happend through, how do i say this, logical deduction rather than a reaction to the shrooms. Basically, i became very insightful into the way the universe worked and such, and i remeber saying to my friends,"I think i've tapped into somethign big here" Moments later, the ego-loss hit me like a ton of bricks (mind you this was when i was supposed to be coming down from the shrooms). FOr about another 3-4 hours, i wondered around trying to make some sense of what was going on, as reality, it seemed, completely collapsed around me. Since relaizng how fraglie this "illusion of reality" is, i consantly see signs (or syncrnicities, however it's spelled) of my world suddenly falling apart at any moment, and im in a perpetual state of "on-guard" -edness. There have been times when panic struck me out of nowhere, and it felt as if my body (and the world around me) was going to dissolve and i was going to be left as just free floating thoughs in some horrible abyss. Coming to this forum alleviated my mindset for a bit, but all these disccusions of time being meaningless or the constant doomsday prophices, have taken a toll on my mind. It feels as if "knowing" the true nature of reality might make it all the more likely for it to unravel at any second. Haha, ok i realize im making very little sense here, but im so confused and anxious and paranoid, rational thought seems like a long forgotten ideal. So, basically, my question to you all, is how can you keep yourself firmly in this reality with all this knowledge of it all beign an illusion and such? am i just being weak minded? i dont know anymore...help

--------------------
Always searching for the red pill...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: How do you people keep your sanity? [Re: Acid_Zombiie]
    #1850158 - 08/25/03 11:18 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Was it your first trip?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineAcid_Zombiie
Stoned Wanderer
Re: How do you people keep your sanity? [Re: Sclorch]
    #1850187 - 08/25/03 11:26 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

yea it was

--------------------

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #1850304 - 08/26/03 12:04 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I know of your position. I do not however, know your specific circumstances, as I'm not in your head. Tho I will still add points of pondering since my first trip that have been very important helping me get the most out of every "reality" I perceive.
You may not be looking for answers from us, only from yourself, but I add these thoughts to show you you're not alone.

-could your experience be a full awakening, a realization of true nature, but leaving you in a state of shock, your eyes not ready for the bright light? Or could it be a shroom-induced hallucination, which in fact every 'reality' you perceive whilst tripping is not real, only a hallucination? MAN there's tons of posts about this here... it's an epic debate.

-what you call this 'illusion', the 'real' world, is how society functions. it may or may not be necessary to you to cope with it, in order to be a member of civil society. Be it real or not, it exists on some level. If you choose to stay, why not find the aspects that are pleasing and live by them?
Personally, I have and will be on quite a quest, or journey for myself. Until I have reached my goal, I live by what I love-music. My savior.

-Meanwhile, during this quest and visits to the shroomy world, I try and gather as much as I can from every source. I try to realize everything I learn is not the absolute truth, this includes what I might perceive as "the curtain being lifted and the truth being exposed". These are leading to my foundation of beliefs of consciousness and "God". but that's my story.

-With altered shroomy realities comes mass confusion, sometimes. I once tripped and was taken to an Applebee's. All i could think of or SEE was the words "CONFUSED". everyone seemed to be looking at me or that word. And during the come down I experienced a harsh re-adjustment to what I tried to remember was 'normal'. How should I act? What is this life like? Then, after a little bit, i realize this life is like *this*. It's like me.

-Now I don't know what exactly ego-loss is, because I have not experienced it. For same reasons above, I don't know if you have experienced ego-loss or not, So i'll still say this: Are you sure your image of yourself and reality was transcended? Are you sure it was not just a shroom-induced perception that the 'real' world is not in fact real? If you're WHOLE life has been spent depending on the facts that below is the ground, you can wave your hand, and other people exist before you and are talking to you, then Suddenly you come to the conclusion that all that was bullshit, I'm sure anyone would be shocked.
kinda reminds me of the Matrix...

Anyway, These are my thoughts. I have been in your shoes, and I'm telling you what thoughts went through my head following that experience.

Also, forgive me if I seem a bit out there-I just finished reading a part of "Be Here Now".

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Invisiblebuu
katabatic

Loc: Denver
Re: How do you people keep your sanity? [Re: Blastrid] * 1
    #1850324 - 08/26/03 12:11 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

man i think some of you take what happens to you when you take shrooms way to serious

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: How do you people keep your sanity? [Re: buu]
    #1850357 - 08/26/03 12:32 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think just the opposite, I think most of the people here don't take them seriously enough.

acid zombie: I don't know man. I think that god might be carrying a terrible secret. be careful.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflineDiscordja
Pope

Loc: Atlantic Canada
    #1850497 - 08/26/03 02:19 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Religion is my little Umbrella of Saneness. I personally hold that its dangerous to mess about with some drugs if you're flying without a belief system. Be it Xtian, atheism, a cheerful agnosticism or just some general belief/idea that holds your universe together. Build a perspective beoyond your ego, something that's still standing after your own little 'I' crumbles.

--------------------
Remember, it's only true if it makes you laugh...

OfflineAcid_Zombiie
Stoned Wanderer
Re: How do you people keep your sanity? [Re: Discordja]
    #1850545 - 08/26/03 02:51 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Thanx for all your replies people. I guess i am just worrying too much. Funny thing is, the panic attacks usually occur in really hot weather, so i think its just my brain (literally haha) getting fried in addition to the frying the shrooms did. Nothing has really happened outside of my own self, so it proly is just me being paranoid (my family has a history of it i just found out).I feel better. But that advice of using relgion as an umbrella is a good one, people really shouldnt go into a level 4 or higher trip without somethign definte to hold on to(espcially on their first time!) i kind of feel silly for posting this topic now hehe  :lol:

--------------------

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: How do you people keep your sanity? [Re: Discordja]
    #1850555 - 08/26/03 03:01 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by Xibalba (09/29/05 11:46 PM)

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: How do you people keep your sanity? [Re: Xibalba]
    #1850573 - 08/26/03 03:32 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

All i have to say is if your on the verge of insanity dont visit this forum too much, lol. I once had something like that happen but not on shrooms. I had smoked a little too much of some good ass pot.And spent the night reading some crazy post in here.it wouldnt wear off after like 3 hours so i fell asleep. Then i would wake up in the middle of the night and for the first 5 or 10 mins. i had no idea who the hell i was, lol, i swear, i was scared and for some reason i woke up and looked at my room and said is this real?? Ok maybe this had nothing to do with your story, just felt like sharing. Anyway ever since, i dont got to sleep high, im scared to,
lol.

You know what calms me down, i just relax and listen too "Clint Eastwoon" Gorillaz, if you listen to the lyrics it aliviates some of that paranoia and insanity that you get , i dunno did to me.
"bet you didnt think so i comand you to, paranamic view, i'll make it all managable"

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: How do you people keep your sanity? [Re: Spokesman]
    #1850622 - 08/26/03 04:21 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I have made a lot the realizations and experiences that you are describing, but I have never really had a problem with keeping "sane" at the same time.. I guess I've always taken things slow, never really jumped into the ocean all at once..
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #1850641 - 08/26/03 04:50 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

man i think some of you take what happens to you when you take shrooms way to serious   :shake:

Not true... If you start thinking it was all fake.. You will lose the truth..
And nothing will matter anymore..

Just keep it for yourself.. And smoke a joint every once in a while...
Look at the stars and just realize what you now know.. And see that it has changed you forever.. It might make you feel alone.. But at least you now know... Wouldn't it be a shame if you never knew about this? I think so... The real shame is that you can not talk to everyone about it in the way you experience life now..

But you can talk to me if you want...  :smile: And a lot of other people on this board who have simular OR extremely differend views on it...

Some say it is god... they are god... And some say.. we just are... and the rest is a mystery.. And ofcourse we are all one...

:heartpump: 

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1850653 - 08/26/03 05:10 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

well, there always seem to be the possibility of mistaking "acute depersonalization" for "dissolution of the ego" (not to mention "transient psychotomimetic episodes", or even "drug-catalyzed schizophrenic breaks"...)
~
dr stan grof (& others) have dealt with issues that some folks have unearthed as a result of various methods of mental journeying, and have a group of trained facilitators who may be able to help --- googlesearch: "spiritual emergency network" (or something like that, mmmmkay?)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1850658 - 08/26/03 05:16 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

oh yeah, and if the fragility of percieved reality is bothering you for days or even weeks after a trip, one possible method of "grounding" is to take a few hundred mg of niacinamide every day for a week or so... or so i have heard :wink: ...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: How do you people keep your sanity? [Re: gnrm23]
    #1850663 - 08/26/03 05:26 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gnrm23 said:
oh yeah, and if the fragility of percieved reality is bothering you for days or even weeks after a trip, one possible method of "grounding" is to take a few hundred mg of niacinamide every day for a week or so... or so i have heard :wink: ... 

Yeah, the solution is to take lots of drugs...  :evil:

I'd try to build up some inner strengh.. Delevoping some independance is always a good thing.
Peace. 

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: How do you people keep your sanity? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1850675 - 08/26/03 05:50 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Niacinamide is the same as vitamin B3.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: How do you people keep your sanity? [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1851700 - 08/26/03 02:33 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah i totaly agree with Fliquid, smoke a joint once in a while and look at the stars and realize the great things you can do while in this illusion, like get high on all types of natural drugs, ride roller coasters, have sex, eat and enjoy taste, just enjoy the ride man thats what i do.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1851772 - 08/26/03 02:52 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"How do you people keep your sanity?"

By shoving it out the window.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: How do you people keep your sanity? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1851981 - 08/26/03 04:03 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Or, you can NOT use the computer for acouple days, spend time with real friends, or family... then come back and soak it in slowly.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #1852016 - 08/26/03 04:14 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Well my friend, it sounds like you may have given yourself a case of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder that has been precipitated by a trip you were not prepared for. The good news is that your post, though 'pressured' to relate your experience, is logical and lucid. I don't think that you are suffering from a transient psychotic episode. Your brain is not "fucked up" but your cognitive-emotional life (thoughts and feelings) needs time to settle and to assimilate all the new data it has experienced.

You should NOT use cannabis or any other psychotropic drugs for a while, and while Niacinamide has been used for schizophrenia and schizophreniform disorders, you might do well simply to use some Valerian root tea to relax, or Valerian root capsules if you find it difficult to sleep. If your dosage has upset the Serotonin reuptake process, then capsules of 5-HTP (which aren't cheap, but are helpful) can also help you sleep and improve subtle depression that might occur in the days or weeks that follow. These are things I have used myself in the past with good effects - just the recommended doses - more is not better.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds