Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFungi_x
Original Shroomer
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan Flag
PHP CODE ERROR
    #1849575 - 08/25/03 10:04 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING' in /var/www/shroomery/matts/rate/rating.php on line 120

--------------------

HAPPY FUCKING HOLIDAYS!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: PHP CODE ERROR [Re: Fungi_x]
    #1849609 - 08/25/03 10:17 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

that's happening when you try to access ratings

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineFungi_x
Original Shroomer
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: PHP CODE ERROR [Re: gdman]
    #1849637 - 08/25/03 10:27 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yea

--------------------

HAPPY FUCKING HOLIDAYS!

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #1850485 - 08/26/03 04:10 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, somebody just gave me 5 shrooms for my mushie hunting pictures but the rating system is down... BOO! Why couldnt it have been down when I was rated based on my name and nationality... The worst rating you could get all because I am an american with the name ATWAR... Not only this but when I questioned the individual in a PM I was accused of having "war monger" ideas, and that I should go circle jerk with some other shroomery member this person obviously must have beef with... Not exactly a correctly bred individual here, especially since I never had any contact with this person before, or ever said anything to deserve these accusations...

Anyway, end of rant...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: PHP CODE ERROR [Re: ATWAR]
    #1850623 - 08/26/03 06:21 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Damn that is a contreversial name perhaps it should be censored for politcal correctness reasons

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

OfflineFungi_x
Original Shroomer
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: PHP CODE ERROR [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1850681 - 08/26/03 07:55 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

lmao, ATWAR... You could be at war with the evils in your life:tongue2:

--------------------

HAPPY FUCKING HOLIDAYS!

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #1850724 - 08/26/03 08:57 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

( The Thor way of doing ..  :tongue: )

Oh please wonderfull scripwriting ubergods of pure bliss..
My unworthy self was questioning myself for having questions concerning your greatness and the sudden disaster in the rating system.
PLEASE do not look down upon me for even doubting your high end quality work of godart scripting.. I must have been our poor quality pieces of crap pc's probably so please be gentle on us ALL if you fail to find a reason among yourselfs for this issue...

Your slave.

(My way of doing  :evil: )

You stupid FUCKS what the FUCK did you FUCKING DO!! With the FUCKING ratings system MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!

(My kind way of doing...)

Hello dear mod's and adm's...
It seems the rating system is slowly falling apart.
Do you know anything usefull we might like to know?

Thanks..  :wink:   

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #1851060 - 08/26/03 12:34 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Shouldn't have pissed off a certain person...

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

#1851227 - 08/26/03 01:37 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I am at war with the war on drugs, no evils in my life at this point besides the occasional anti-social human.

Actually I am posting to continue my rant. It has been clarified that this person felt I did not deserve a perfect rating due to the fact that I have not been a member for long enough, and I am inexperienced (sure I am compared to Stamets, but quite advanced when compared to your beginner multi-spore BRF cultivator). Apparently since I have not posted pictures bragging on my abilities I am not a "bomb ass grower", and I did not deserve the ratings fellow Shroomerites have given me. I did not know you were required to be a member here before you could cultivate mushrooms of the edible or magic type. I also did not know there was a required amount of time you must be a member before you are classified as "bomb ass". I could go on and on, but the real reason behind this still eludes me. When I first came here I thought the rating system was a great concept, but since people cant even use it in the proper manner, I must now disagree with my original impression. At least the trade rating still stands as one of the best additions to this site I have seen in the past few years. It is my impression that the rating system should be used for rating a user?s helpfulness, level of skill, professionalism, etc. But then there are some that make an entry that is more of an insult or a personal attack than an actual rating...

It would be different if the rating was based on information I have shared, or something I have posted. If I gave out false details or suggestions then I can see deserving a bad rating and all. But, it seems all this person has done is made assumptions about me, and made judgments based on this incorrect information. It is just beyond my comprehension why anyone would even waste their time with all that, especially since I never replied to any questions that have been asked by this individual, or never made any comments to him/her prior. The comment left just said avatar, and was edited. I can only hope people will read this rating in the future, and see the ridiculous reason it was given to me. The only intention that seems logical would be to simply piss me off.

Whatever. It is not that I am angry because of a bad rating. It is because this rating has one of the most pointless reasons behind it why I am upset and confused. If there was a real reason behind it, it wouldn?t bother me at all... I would know for what I have deserved it. Until then, I can only dream of the time when I will have been a member long enough to join this elite club, and finally earn the prestigious title:  "bomb ass" :rolleyes:

Edit: If I pissed somebody off, then perhaps that person should confront me, or give me a rating that would reflect what I have done.

--------------------
To give is to live...

Edited by ATWAR (08/26/03 01:42 PM)

Anonymous

#1851312 - 08/26/03 02:19 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: PHP CODE ERROR [Re: ]
    #1851369 - 08/26/03 02:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Looks like it has been fixed.... now if I could just get that jmp after setting bit 1 of CR0 to quit triple faulting the CPU... -sigh-

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offline3DSHROOM
loon
Male

Re: PHP CODE ERROR [Re: Seuss]
    #1851372 - 08/26/03 02:46 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

With some help from Seuss we got things working :smile: 

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood loon

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Re: PHP CODE ERROR [Re: ]
    #1851393 - 08/26/03 02:52 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I suppose it could be considered a legitimate complaint if the persons real problem was my avatar. But when I questioned this individual about his reasons I was called all sorts of names, and given multiple reasons why I deserved it, but none of them actually made sense to me, or even fit my presence here. It basically came back to me like this individual has a personal grudge againsed me, because so many reasons were given after I questioned the original rating. Now seriously, it really doesn?t matter to me bad rating or not, but when the person cannot give me a real reason for rating me in this manner, then I cannot call it a legitimate complaint (more a personal attack). If the problem lied in my avatar, then the reason would not have been changed to my nationality, my skill, my name, or my length of time as a member of the Shroomery under said name.

Now, I have seen the rating system abused or used for derogatory remarks with other users. I am not saying that this is what happened here but, I don?t think it would have unrolled like this if it were just a problem with a picture. It just smells fishy and the more I think about it, the more ridiculous it gets...

Quote:

Since you cared enough to post this I'll rate you a 5 because I always thought your mushroom contributions were good.

Not if the rating system is down  :tongue:  I appreciate it and all, but it was not my intention to get sympathy. I needed to go off on my rant and blow off some steam. Mr_Mushrooms calling my mushroom contributions good? Nothing that even compares with what you have done, especially with your identification skills. I have 4 hunting books and still have trouble matching up a picture and jotting down a complete description before I leave the woods. While I feel I can cultivate quite well, my hunting and identification skills leave so much to be desired? That is something I could never feel comfortable doing. Identifying mushrooms from posted pictures (even with good descriptions). I feel there is far too much variance in wild mushrooms for me to ever be sure of an ID (except on a morel, or something easy).

Edit: I think I may go out hunting today, as to contribute at least a few pretty pictures...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Edited by ATWAR (08/26/03 03:02 PM)

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #1851424 - 08/26/03 02:58 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Tale a look at some of my negative ratings... it is no big deal... life will go on... so somebody else is an asshole... it is nothing to loose sleep over.  :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

#1851456 - 08/26/03 03:13 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Tale a look at some of my negative ratings... it is no big deal... life will go on... so somebody else is an asshole... it is nothing to loose sleep over.  :smile: 

Exactly. I think I would have fewer problems with somebody actually having a real complaint instead of somebody just being the ass of the party. If the bad rating actually made sense, or the reasons for doing so fit my personality, then I don?t think I would have paid much attention to it. It is the fact that the reason is ever changing and generalized why I have so many problems swallowing it. In any case, it does not really bother me anymore (except for the unanswered questions regarding the issue). I was able to publicly vent my anger and frustration (not to mention share some of the ignorance I was forced to try and comprehend). Now I feel better...

I just want to know when I will recieve the title "bomb ass grower"...  :lol:

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
    #1851987 - 08/26/03 06:05 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

> now if I could just get that jmp after setting bit 1 of CR0 to quit triple faulting the CPU...

Woohoo! One very happy Seusser! No more tripple fault:

/* enter 32-protected mode */
movl %cr0, %eax
orl $0x00000001, %eax
data32 movl %eax, %cr0

/* flush the prefetch queue */
.L9 jmp .L10
.L10: data32 ljmp 0x08, $(0x07c0<<4)+.L11
.L11:

--------------------

Anonymous

#1853527 - 08/27/03 02:03 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Paul Stamets

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback