Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Perlite, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinespooky_D
angry lawn gnome

need just a teeny bit of help....
    #1849189 - 08/25/03 07:39 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

hey guys, im soon to be growing the B+ i got from ralhsters within the next week, and i was wondering. After colonization, do i put the cakes (i have only 4, cant case, not enough room :frown:) derectly on the perlite? or raise them up a bit? im using a 50 gallonish fish tank for the aquarium, if anyone could give me advice on setting that up, go ahead. but what im wondering is, ok, i have a max capacity of 4 jars, all 1/2 pint in size, i am growing B+ from ralphsters, what would be the expected yeild? and how can i increase it as much as possible without casing? and aso, i have the spore syringe in my fridge, just in case something comes up *cough( probation *cough*, how long can i keep it in the fridge?

thanks for all of your help in the past guys. :loveeyes: 

--------------------
yes, we all may die sooner or later, but one things for DAMNED sure, THE FUCKING LAWN GNOMES ARE COMIN DOWN WITH US MAN!!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: need just a teeny bit of help.... [Re: spooky_D]
    #1849304 - 08/25/03 08:22 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

no, raise it up or at the very least put them on a piece of screen, plastic or just the lids of the jars (well sterilized of course). make sure your humidity isn't too high, give plenty of fresh air (especially once you see pins) light (12/12) and don't muck with them too much. and have a lot of patience. The syringe will last a long time (some I have are well over a year old and still made spawn out of them.)

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlinespooky_D
angry lawn gnome

Re: need just a teeny bit of help.... [Re: soochi]
    #1849375 - 08/25/03 08:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

hmm, ok, the aquarium is right next to my bed, wich is right next to the south window of my house, the room gets PLENTY of sunlight, but where the aquariums positioned its not direct sun light, so the light would go with the cycles of the earth :smile: i also have a fish air pump thingy with one aereator (sp?) stone, would that keep the humidity in check? and i wouldnt have to fan so much?

--------------------
yes, we all may die sooner or later, but one things for DAMNED sure, THE FUCKING LAWN GNOMES ARE COMIN DOWN WITH US MAN!!!!!

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #1849382 - 08/25/03 08:46 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

If you are using a 50 gallon aquarium for your fruiting chamber then you have plenty of room to make a casing. I don't understand why you say that you don't have enough room.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinespooky_D
angry lawn gnome

Re: need just a teeny bit of help.... [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1849889 - 08/25/03 11:40 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

lemme refrase that, i dont have the money, and its way to much work to do, and my rommates dont mind a small grow (hint the size) but if i try to grow in bulk, no-way. so yea......

--------------------

Offlinefungulus

#1852506 - 08/26/03 08:40 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Case those fuckers! You have enough room. Trust me, you'll get more faster.

Offlinefungulus

Re: need just a teeny bit of help.... [Re: fungulus]
    #1852529 - 08/26/03 08:46 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Oh ya. forgot. Crumble the colonized cakes in a ziplock bag and put it on some moist vermic. in a container. Or you can mix the crumbled cake w/compost (available in any field where there are cows or people ride horses (summer is the best cause it's dry already). The mycelium will go nutz w/in a week and then you case. Cakes are lame and only for people interested in super small scale cultivation. Even if you only want enough for yourself and a few others, casing will provide better shrooms and more of 'em. More surface area, dude!
It's easy. I did it succesfully my first time and they grew fat in spite of me and continue to grow!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Perlite, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation