Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Brown Rice Flour, Paul Stamets, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineflybynite
amatuer

Loc: Hyperspace
A few questions on the next step.....
    #1848753 - 08/25/03 05:12 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

OK, my friend has (5) 1/2 pint jars colonized with MAZ on brf. When fully colonized, he plans to dunk / cold shock and then roll in sterilized verm. Set up his terrarium following the "poor mans pod" tek. He's got a few questions on the next steps..

1). pod is set up with an aquarium air pump rated at 200 liters / hour
of air flow - suitable for a 60 gal aquarium. this is connected to (2) 14" bubble bars which will rest below the perlite. Set on a timer to run for 1 hour, 4 times a day. Is this enough air exchange? He will only get to fan 1 or 2 times a day, most.

2). Planning to have 10 hours / day light exposure from (2) 2 foot flourescent bulbs. Too much? Not enough? Any experience greatly appreciated.

3). Any experience with MAZ and the dunk and roll tek? Do they respond well? He's read it's a good idea with all cubbies. Do you cover the top and bottom of the cake with verm also?

He knows its a lot of questioning, and apreciates any info the more experienced members may share.

--------------------
Deep into that darkness peering long I stood there wondering fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before....

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: A few questions on the next step..... [Re: flybynite]
    #1848885 - 08/25/03 05:42 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

1) That will be plenty of air exchange. I would not worry about it.
2) Too much light. I would go with 5-8 hours, with 1 bulb.
3) Dunk and roll definatly. Cover the top, covering the bottom wotn do much.

Good luck!

Invisiblekoraks
Re: A few questions on the next step..... [Re: whole9]
    #1848926 - 08/25/03 05:52 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

2) Too much light. I would go with 5-8 hours, with 1 bulb.

Is there something like too much light in the fruiting stage? 5-8 hours is ample, true, but I don't think more will hurt the shrooms, as long as you make sure the lamps don't heat up the terrarium too much.

InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #1849123 - 08/25/03 07:06 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

1). pod is set up with an aquarium air pump rated at 200 liters / hour
of air flow - suitable for a 60 gal aquarium. this is connected to (2) 14" bubble bars which will rest below the perlite. Set on a timer to run for 1 hour, 4 times a day. Is this enough air exchange? He will only get to fan 1 or 2 times a day, most.---If your doing the pod exactly don?t mist and run the pump all the time.

2). Planning to have 10 hours / day light exposure from (2) 2 foot flourescent bulbs. Too much? Not enough? Any experience greatly appreciated.----Go with 14, this is from Stamets book.

3). Any experience with MAZ and the dunk and roll tek? Do they respond well? He?s read it?s a good idea with all cubbies. Do you cover the top and bottom of the cake with verm also?---Works with all cubes and cover the top and let the bottom sit on the geolite. Like I said I?m assuming your doing the pod exactly as posted

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleLiL_KuSsH
Lost In The Trip

Deleted [Re: Magash]
    #1849144 - 08/25/03 07:13 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator

Offlineflybynite
amatuer

Loc: Hyperspace
Re: A few questions on the next step..... [Re: Magash]
    #1850885 - 08/26/03 11:19 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks everyone - Hey Magash - appreciate the tips. I'm pretty sure I'm following procedure for the pod, but will go back and re read to make sure. I'm gonna have to get a copy of Stamet's book... everything I read seems to refernce it at one time or the other.....

--------------------
Deep into that darkness peering long I stood there wondering fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before....

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: DECEPTICON MANOR
    #1850994 - 08/26/03 12:07 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

wait i dont understand ,why would u need to fan if its has a air pump already? magash!? also if sprayed or contact with water while in terrarium does it prolong the growth to pinning? if so how long ..thanx!

--------------------
Please +REP if i've been of any help... thanks!!!

Dinosaur of the Funny Family, though I have short arms, they fit in my GB... lol

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Brown Rice Flour, Paul Stamets, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation