Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleRockyRaccoon
Male User Gallery

Loc: tromaville
Any Insomniacs out there?
    #18473223 - 06/26/13 03:06 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I have SEVERE insomnia. There's at least 1 time every week where i'm up for 24 hours straight, due to the fact tHAT i can't smoke herb. I try to drink myself to sleep, but fail. who else is a chronic insomniac?
Share here
:dawerp:

P.S. I drink chamomile tea regularly, and even booze doesn't make me sleepy. What would you shroomerites recommend?

Edited by RockyRaccoon (06/26/13 01:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLiquidGlass
Glass Blower
 User Gallery

Loc: Pee En Double You
Re: Any Insomniacs out there? [Re: RockyRaccoon]
    #18473230 - 06/26/13 03:16 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I have been up for 24 for hours since my girlfriend dumped me last night

--------------------
Some art I've made Glass Art Gallery

I was raised a christian and was a stone-faced acid head
- Ken Kesey

Offline28064212
Special Agent Dale Cooper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Twin Peaks
    #18473232 - 06/26/13 03:17 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I've been having insomnia problems lately. Right now in fact. I blame the prescriptions I've been given by docs. If I only I had enough funds to smoke unlimited :ganja:
Gotta keep myself to a gram a day or less

--------------------

InvisibleRockyRaccoon
Male User Gallery

Re: Any Insomniacs out there? [Re: LiquidGlass]
    #18473235 - 06/26/13 03:22 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Well liquid glass, i'm sorry that happened to you, but I have this prob a few times a week, without a breakup.

Offlinematsc
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizona
Re: Any Insomniacs out there? [Re: RockyRaccoon] * 1
    #18473237 - 06/26/13 03:23 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I've been a chronic insomniac since about age 12. I tried doctors and pharmaceuticals in high school when it got really bad, but narcotics just turned me into a zombie, and one drug they tried on me caused really severe black outs.

I'd just be sitting there in 5th period French, I'd blink, and all of a sudden be half way through my walk home, with no recollection at all of the last hour. It was kinda terrifying. I flushed the pills, told the doctor he was fired, and tried to find something else that would work.

My first year at college was the worst probably, I had several episodes where I would be up for several days in a row. Started experiencing hypnagogia, waking dreams. I couldnt tell what was real and what was my mind for a while there. I could just sit and look at a clock and watch it jump ahead 5-10 minutes at a time, then jump back an hour. For a while I didnt trust myself to be alone so I had friends spend time around me to make sure I didnt wander into traffic or anything.

Basically, now, it comes and goes in waves. I'll be fine for a month, then have a week where I cant sleep worth a damn. Prescription drugs never suited me, over the counter sleep aids just make me dizzy and miserable but still awake. Alcohol doesnt help. Basically, I've patterned my life around a quote from the first Men in Black movie

"You get used to it. Or you have a psychotic episode."

--------------------
My Trade List!

Edited by matsc (06/26/13 03:27 AM)

InvisibleRockyRaccoon
Male User Gallery

Re: Any Insomniacs out there? [Re: 28064212]
    #18473239 - 06/26/13 03:26 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

28064212 said:
I've been having insomnia problems lately. Right now in fact. I blame the prescriptions I've been given by docs. If I only I had enough funds to smoke unlimited :ganja:
Gotta keep myself to a gram a day or less

I use LSD and MDMA regularly, but not regularly enough for insomnia. (usually I candyflip once a month.) and doctors have offered me ambien, but morally I am against it.

OfflineArmidillo
Level 99 Sorcerer
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Any Insomniacs out there? [Re: matsc]
    #18473242 - 06/26/13 03:28 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I'm an insomniac and I hate when people are like " you should have slept during the night". No shit, asshole. I would like to sleep at night but I can't.

--------------------
Former Grasscity poster

Offlinematsc
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Any Insomniacs out there? [Re: Armidillo]
    #18473247 - 06/26/13 03:31 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah no kidding, I would get that all the time. Eventually I just took to "pretending" to sleep. I will lie in bed, dark, the whole deal, I figure if nothing else at least my muscles will relax a bit.

Used to freak my roommate right the hell out in my first dorm. He'd be having a conversation with a friend while I looked to all the world asleep. I'd make a comment on something and they'd jump like they'd heard a ghost.

--------------------
My Trade List!

InvisibleRockyRaccoon
Male User Gallery

#18473249 - 06/26/13 03:32 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

matsc said:
I've been a chronic insomniac since about age 12. I tried doctors and pharmaceuticals in high school when it got really bad, but narcotics just turned me into a zombie, and one drug they tried on me caused really severe black outs.

I'd just be sitting there in 5th period French, I'd blink, and all of a sudden be half way through my walk home, with no recollection at all of the last hour. It was kinda terrifying. I flushed the pills, told the doctor he was fired, and tried to find something else that would work.

My first year at college was the worst probably, I had several episodes where I would be up for several days in a row. Started experiencing hypnagogia, waking dreams. I couldnt tell what was real and what was my mind for a while there. I could just sit and look at a clock and watch it jump ahead 5-10 minutes at a time, then jump back an hour. For a while I didnt trust myself to be alone so I had friends spend time around me to make sure I didnt wander into traffic or anything.

Basically, now, it comes and goes in waves. I'll be fine for a month, then have a week where I cant sleep worth a damn. Prescription drugs never suited me, over the counter sleep aids just make me dizzy and miserable but still awake. Alcohol doesnt help. Basically, I've patterned my life around a quote from the first Men in Black movie

"You get used to it. Or you have a psychotic episode."

Same here. I've had 1 psycotic episode (but that was after 31 days of cocaine psychosis) and that was a few years ago. I'm a good college student, but I still can't sleep. I LOVE tripping, but with or without tripping, I can't sleep anyway. I've grown used to days without sleep, but my mind is starting to suffer

InvisibleRockyRaccoon
Male User Gallery

#18473252 - 06/26/13 03:34 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

matsc said:
Yeah no kidding, I would get that all the time. Eventually I just took to "pretending" to sleep. I will lie in bed, dark, the whole deal, I figure if nothing else at least my muscles will relax a bit.

Used to freak my roommate right the hell out in my first dorm. He'd be having a conversation with a friend while I looked to all the world asleep. I'd make a comment on something and they'd jump like they'd heard a ghost.

Matsc, I don't even pretend anymore. My roomie knows whats up, so we have a big divider between our rooms

InvisibleRockyRaccoon
Male User Gallery

Re: Any Insomniacs out there? [Re: Armidillo]
    #18473253 - 06/26/13 03:37 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Armidillo said:
I'm an insomniac and I hate when people are like " you should have slept during the night". No shit, asshole. I would like to sleep at night but I can't.[/quote
Exactly. It's to the point now where my whole body is sore from no sleep, but my mind is more lucid than ever ( I take better notes in class than most of my friends and i'm a philosophy major) but my body is still suffering

OfflineArmidillo
Level 99 Sorcerer
Male

#18473261 - 06/26/13 03:42 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

RockyRaccoon said:
Quote:

Armidillo said:
I'm an insomniac and I hate when people are like " you should have slept during the night". No shit, asshole. I would like to sleep at night but I can't.[/quote
Exactly. It's to the point now where my whole body is sore from no sleep, but my mind is more lucid than ever ( I take better notes in class than most of my friends and i'm a philosophy major) but my body is still suffering

I'v heard everything from trying yoga and listening to mozart. Nothing worked.

--------------------
Former Grasscity poster

Offlinematsc
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #18473262 - 06/26/13 03:42 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Have you ever tried Melatonin? It didnt work very well for me but a girl I knew from my doctors appointments was, if not cured, at least restored to somewhere near functional after she started taking it.

I also had a friend who had some success with a mix of Kava Kava, Valerian, and Hops. I personally cant stand valerian, but if youre desperate it might be worth a shot.

--------------------
My Trade List!

OfflineArmidillo
Level 99 Sorcerer
Male

#18473269 - 06/26/13 03:45 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

matsc said:
Have you ever tried Melatonin? It didnt work very well for me but a girl I knew from my doctors appointments was, if not cured, at least restored to somewhere near functional after she started taking it.

I also had a friend who had some success with a mix of Kava Kava, Valerian, and Hops. I personally cant stand valerian, but if youre desperate it might be worth a shot.

I wouldn't recommend Melatonin, just because it's never done anything for me.

--------------------
Former Grasscity poster

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
    #18473361 - 06/26/13 05:12 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

pfft. i don't have a reason for not being able to sleep, i just can't. it's a nightly ordeal. i should have been asleep hours ago, but my ambien has failed me. :frown:

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Any Insomniacs out there? [Re: Acidic_Sloth]
    #18473362 - 06/26/13 05:14 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I can count on one hand the number of good nights sleep I've had over the last 30 years.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

Re: Any Insomniacs out there? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #18473366 - 06/26/13 05:17 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

i don't even need hands unless i'm counting number of outright missed or just plain shitty nights of sleep.

--------------------

Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#18473373 - 06/26/13 05:24 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, but as I'm a "touch" older than you the good/badratio is likely to be about the same.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
 User Gallery

Re: Any Insomniacs out there? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #18473384 - 06/26/13 05:32 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

but seriously, this shit has been an issue since i was one year old, so we are practically the same age.

--------------------

--

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#18473476 - 06/26/13 06:39 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Um... no.

I don't think that's how it works, young one.

I will agree that not sleeping well makes one FEEL older.

--------------------

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #18473527 - 06/26/13 07:03 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I seem to have episodes of insomnia... some stress-trigger goes off and I can't sleep properly for months at a time. Then eventually I burn myself out and sleep twelve hours a night for a few months. Sometimes I wonder if I might not be bipolar. :insano:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

InvisibleRockyRaccoon
Male User Gallery

#18474449 - 06/26/13 12:09 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

matsc said:

Sadly, melatonin doesn't work for me. I don't even spend money on OTC sleeping meds anymore. They're expensive and don't do anything for me :shrug:

InvisibleRockyRaccoon
Male User Gallery

#18474460 - 06/26/13 12:12 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Acidic_Sloth said:
pfft. i don't have a reason for not being able to sleep, i just can't. it's a nightly ordeal. i should have been asleep hours ago, but my ambien has failed me. :frown:

Is insomnia the reason for your herb grows looking so unbelievable?
:takingnotes:

InvisibleRockyRaccoon
Male User Gallery

Re: Any Insomniacs out there? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #18474467 - 06/26/13 12:15 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BlindSophist said:
I seem to have episodes of insomnia... some stress-trigger goes off and I can't sleep properly for months at a time. Then eventually I burn myself out and sleep twelve hours a night for a few months. Sometimes I wonder if I might not be bipolar. :insano:

I wish I had a few months of deep sleep! Haha but I managed to sleep for a few hours last night :shrug:

OfflineKing Klick
That Guy Everyone Knows
Male User Gallery

#18474473 - 06/26/13 12:16 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I was until I found out what work was. Fuckk.

--------------------
Your god is dead, and I killed him.

When you’re lost, here I am. Forever with your soul

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

Re: Any Insomniacs out there? [Re: King Klick]
    #18474518 - 06/26/13 12:33 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Oh yah.

I've had sleeping issues since I was a real little kid. Mom and dad reversed the lock on my bedroom door when I was real little because I'd escape my crib and wake them up at 4am, or sometimes fall down the stairs and hurt myself.

Also been prescribed ambien and others since I was about 13. It doesn't seem to work anymore on me.

The only thing that gets my insomnia under control is consistency, and tiring myself out during the day immensely but that doesn't always stop it completely. The only thing I can tell you is under no circumstances let yourself sleep during the day after a night spent up, no matter how tired you are, napping will always make the insomnia worse in the end.

Lately I've been managing to wrangle it, but it never lasts a super long time before my sleep schedule gets bumped off track.

InvisibleRockyRaccoon
Male User Gallery

Re: Any Insomniacs out there? [Re: King Klick]
    #18474579 - 06/26/13 12:56 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

King Klick said:
I was until I found out what work was. Fuckk.

I don't work, I'm a student. I still find things to tire me out during the day, such as swimming, hiking, cutting and splitting firewood ect. But at the end of the day i'm just tired as hell, and can't sleep.

OfflineTolerance
Live in Color
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Once Upon A Time: Flag
    #18474624 - 06/26/13 01:13 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

RockyRaccoon said:
I have SEVERE insomnia. There's at least 1 time every week where i'm up for 24 hours straight, due to the fact tHAT i can't smoke herb. I try to drink myself to sleep, but fail. who else is a chronic insomniac?
Share here

P.S. I drink chamomile tea regularly, and even booze doesn't make me sleepy. What would you shroomerites recommend?

riiight there with you, but i smoke bud on a daily basis BUT without at night, which happens on rare occasions, i can't sleep for shit without xana or valium

But even still some nights after smoking i still find myself tossing and turning like im WDing...debate start making soap and shit

Are you also unable to take some kind of benzo due to lack of connections or just job related bullshit?..because IMO one of the best wayz to catch some ZzZ..other than heroin

--------------------
:deemsters::mushroomgrow:

InvisibleRockyRaccoon
Male User Gallery

Re: Any Insomniacs out there? [Re: Tolerance]
    #18474657 - 06/26/13 01:20 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Tolerence said:
Quote:

RockyRaccoon said:
Share here

riiight there with you, but i smoke bud on a daily basis BUT without at night, which happens on rare occasions, i can't sleep for shit without xana or valium

But even still some nights after smoking i still find myself tossing and turning like im WDing...debate start making soap and shit

Are you also unable to take some kind of benzo due to lack of connections or just job related bullshit?..because IMO one of the best wayz to catch some ZzZ..other than heroin

I used to have Valium prescribed for sleep (blue 10mg) and it worked wonders for awhile, but eventually my tolerance went up, and it did nothing for me. I didn't want to become dependent on benzo's (already been through opiate dependance) so I stopped taking them when they stopped working for me :shrug:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder