Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

Loc: DECEPTICON MANOR
DUDE !!That BUG!
    #1846902 - 08/24/03 10:26 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i GOt HOME today ,.. and I wanted to check my lil MOnsters..,,
AND so  i find  a fuckIn lil gnat thing ..trapped inside my terrarium, i rush to KiLL it and dispose of it..i sprayed lil lysol immediately after closing lid.
ARE mY MONsters OKAY?,is there any effects due to the minor lysol spray?has anyone ever experience this? (almost hyperventilatinG). :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

--------------------
Please +REP if i've been of any help... thanks!!!

Dinosaur of the Funny Family, though I have short arms, they fit in my GB... lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: DUDE !!That BUG! [Re: botanisthype]
    #1846924 - 08/24/03 10:36 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Lysol can and will mutate your mushrooms. It can also kill mycelium. Lysol is not a good choice for the defense from bugs. Kill them as you see them. If they keep coming back then you have an infestation and the only thing you can do is isolate your casings, or throw them away.

Don't put any new cakes or casings in with the ones that have been with the bugs, or they will get eggs laid in them also.

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineBigcaps
I am not notusing drugs.

Loc: Let me die in my hole
Re: DUDE !!That BUG! [Re: ATWAR]
    #1846926 - 08/24/03 10:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

YOur gonna give this dude a heart attack....the bug probably just came in and got stuck....just hope it wasnt dirty.

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

Re: DUDE !!That BUG! [Re: Bigcaps]
    #1846967 - 08/24/03 10:53 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

damn .i sprayed it lil bit ..its only been 3-4 days.still early,but shit ..damn >..so LOng for those cakes to colonize....SHIT!..SO WIll the LYSOL slow the mycelium growth, since its still early ..WILL MY MOnsters LOOK like >FUCKED up MOnsters!? thats so fucked up..when would i see infection..within 2 dayz right?i guess i gotta wait it out and see
i have a Mini-version of the PMP....so i have the factor of the airpump to release the air since lysol is present in the PMP, last quest,
wil the mutated mushrooms still be efficient?and potent , or is there a possibilty that my batch is done for?

--------------------

Dinosaur of the Funny Family, though I have short arms, they fit in my GB... lol

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1846976 - 08/24/03 10:57 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Don't worry too much about it man. I used to get bugs in my casings all the time and I never had any problems. I also sometimes used lysol around them also w/o any problems. So just relax and see what happens.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineSam_Kohui
if you onlyknew...

#1846989 - 08/24/03 11:02 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

this is what happens when you get Lysol on your shrooms...

--------------------
The PF Tek...it's a piece of cake (the BRF kind :cool: )

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

Re: DUDE !!That BUG! [Re: z@z.com]
    #1846995 - 08/24/03 11:05 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i hope so thanx z@z.com some comforting words there.lol...well im usiNg cakes and no pins yet Only fuzz..i sprayed on one of the cakes 2 days ago and the fuzz shrunk .so its slowly cominG back.i'll post some pics soon if they start to pin

--------------------

OfflineBigcaps
I am not notusing drugs.

Loc: Let me die in my hole
Re: DUDE !!That BUG! [Re: Sam_Kohui]
    #1846999 - 08/24/03 11:05 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Thats some CRAZY shit man....like growing lungs off your face.

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

#1847007 - 08/24/03 11:08 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

ewww..>but i have no pins yet....would it matter?

--------------------

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
    #1847173 - 08/25/03 12:19 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yes. The Lysol will still be absorbed. It will not go away. I would'nt worry too much unless you saturated them. A little mist may cause mutation, but the mushrooms will still be fine. If you doused them with the stuff, then it could be concentrated by the mycelium, possible into the fruit. This would not be good for you.

Don't worry about the bug, unless you see more of them. I doubt it did much damage in there contamination wise. Your biggest concern is the lysol killing some of the mycelium. All will be fine though, even if they mutate.

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: DUDE !!That BUG! [Re: ATWAR]
    #1848824 - 08/25/03 03:27 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Next time, use a dilute solution of H2O2 instead of lysol. You should never use lysol on myc.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Invisiblebotanisthype
P$ylocibe$ounDW@vE!
Male User Gallery

Re: DUDE !!That BUG! [Re: Sev]
    #1850220 - 08/25/03 11:36 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

crap !!well thatll set me back a few !..okies thanx fellas , see u when the next birth arrives..karo tek should give me rebound!.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck