Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinexorbitol
Stranger
ever producing patch
    #1846840 - 08/24/03 10:02 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

My Dog seymore shrooms had a casing of peat moss vermiculite and walmart potting soil equal parts.It had been sterilized by pc .After placing a quart of wbs 100 % saturated with hauntla and waiting a week several multiple contams showed up.He promply threw the whole mess in an old radioshack bag with some other contam waste and some spilled wbs sweepings tied it up and threw it in the corner.Amonth later several small shrooms were peeking out of the to of the bag and several small plants also.Since then every 2 days he get 20 or 30 liberty cap sized shrooms .When the number goes down he sprinkles some rye and cornmeal and sprays.15th flush so far.It is not sterile
at all anymore but these tiny shrooms just keep coming up .Weird huh?

I know not what course others may take but as for me give me librium or give me meth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSam_Kohui
if you onlyknew...

Re: ever producing patch [Re: xorbitol]
    #1846860 - 08/24/03 10:11 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

are you sure the mushrooms didn't absorb any toxins from the contaminants??

--------------------
The PF Tek...it's a piece of cake (the BRF kind :cool: )

Offlinexorbitol
Stranger
Re: ever producing patch [Re: Sam_Kohui]
    #1846956 - 08/24/03 10:50 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

All contaminates are gone tric the black stuff and the yellow .The patch looks like just a split bag contaning garden dirt.The wild shrooms he used to pick grew out of texas cowpies you don't get more contams than that.My dog always soaks his shrooms in bacardy 151 then takes them juice and all .This kills all living contams and extracts most active alkaloids and carries them easily through the stomach lining.

OfflineRohypnol
Vice Figurehead

#1847024 - 08/24/03 11:14 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Just because you are killing living contams it doesn't mean that you're detoxifying them. You should be careful.

InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: ever producing patch [Re: Rohypnol]
    #1847230 - 08/25/03 12:44 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Seriously. It has been shown that many mushrooms will concentrate toxins and other chemicals in the substrate. As if a giant colony of nasty mold or bacteria wouldn?t produce enough toxins to make you sick and even kill you...

Those toxins are not gone; they are just covered by the mycelium. The "black and yellow" contaminants you speak of are being consumed by the mycelium, possibly spreading toxins to, and concentrating them in, your mushrooms. You may be lucky you don?t have something that is harmful this time or the fungi are breaking it down, but you could end up violently ill (even dead) the next batch. To each as own though, obviously with 15 flushes going on, it?s working for you... I have saved contaminated casings that recovered, but I would never recommend it, and probably would never do it again (except for printing or cloning only, not consumption)...

That tek needs a disclaimer:
Warning: The following procedure may be harmful or fatal if swallowed  :tongue:

--------------------
To give is to live...

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: ever producing patch [Re: ATWAR]
    #1847637 - 08/25/03 05:57 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I have a serious problem with all of this toxin concentrating business that everyone hre say that shrooms are suposed to be doing. To much emphasis is being put on contaminated shrooms outside. If mushrooms were really concentrating toxins from other thing growing around them outside then there would have been plenty of cases of examples to draw from. When you take a contaminated casing or cake outside to return it to the earth, first of all you should be cutting away as much of the contamination as possible only to prevent it from harming your mushrooms growth. Secondly, after the subatrate has been returned to nature, nature takes care of the contamination problems that you have to take care of when indoors. All you need to worry about is keeping you patch alive and bug free.

Eat your shrooms and have a good day.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineSam_Kohui
if you onlyknew...

Re: ever producing patch [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1847740 - 08/25/03 08:00 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i don't remember him saying that he put it outside...all he said was old radioshack bag thrown in the corner...

--------------------
The PF Tek...it's a piece of cake (the BRF kind :cool: )

Offlinexorbitol
Stranger
Re: ever producing patch [Re: Sam_Kohui]
    #1847795 - 08/25/03 08:49 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Actually it is opened up in a terrarium now .It was outside for a over a month though .While outside all the contams died .It did has Knats but I left it open in a cooler overnight then put it on a shelf.
I just like the fact that sprinkling corn meal and rye flour on it and spraying causes new flushes to appear .It is pinning constantly .The fruit are small like liberty caps though so there isn't much wieght but about 20 or 30 a day open up.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #1847811 - 08/25/03 08:59 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ooooppss!

I guess that I need to read stuff more thoroughly before I begin to rant.

On another note, if you already put it outside, why did you bring it back in. You are sure to get contaminations from hell that way. Take it back outside and let mother nature take over.

That's just an opinion from a convinced outdoor grower.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck