Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Loc: South East, U.S.A.
Shit did I make a bad suggestion?
    #1846098 - 08/24/03 08:01 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I was at a party last night with a whole bunch of friends and some people I kinda knew. Well my best friends brother-in-law had just got a hold of a 1/8th bag of Lipa Yai and another 1/8th bag of Koh Samui. He has taken E many times...and is pretty inexperienced with psychedelics (LSD once or twice, and it's unknown of whether or not he has tried mushrooms)...he is in his mid 20's, a smart guy. Back in his college days he was a BIG partier, drinking every weekend and causing all sorts of trouble. So he is used to have some rough times. As far as I know he is psychologically fine. He does have diabetes (sp?) though.

Anyway...he heard (at the party) that I know a thing or to about mushrooms...so he asked me how much he should take tommorrow (which is today, Sunday)...I told him he should just eat one of the baggies (1/8th).

I'm not sure if he has eaten them yet...I'm just kinda worried, because what if those blow his mind and send him into a level 4 or 5 trip (but then again, he may love it).

Did I give decent advice or should I have said, "at 1/16th then see how ya feel then eat the rest if you feel comfortable doing so."

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: Shit did I make a bad suggestion? [Re: DannyBoy]
    #1846109 - 08/24/03 08:05 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Do an 1/8th I did an 1/8th for my first time. I wish I had an even more intense first exerperience. If you think he can handle them, and he thinks he can handle them let him go for it. Just make sure he only eats 1 baggie. Do not let him eat a 1/4. But an 1/8th should be fine. If your paranoid tell him to take 1 stem outa the 1/8th.

OfflineNorseSuncrose
Student ofExsistance
Loc: NorCal
    #1846128 - 08/24/03 08:10 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Umm, I think he'll be fine.
But I know what you mean about the responsibilities of dosages. The first time I did the sacred fungus my friend told me I wouldn't get high (fucking ass hole) unless I took all my mushrooms. So after I took about 8 Gs I began the craziest trip I've ever heard of. Atleast I'm still sane, I think.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1846177 - 08/24/03 08:26 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Its always a good idea to recommend a lower dose than you'd actually recommend :P

Of course, on the other hand, he could take it very well so if you'd suggested 1/16th and that's what he did, and if he was like "dude that was pretty weak.. shrooms suck" then it would be even worse than if he had a powerful trip that glued him to the floor for a while and showed him THE POWER OF THE MUSHROOM :wink: - he'll be fine

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Re: Shit did I make a bad suggestion? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1846247 - 08/24/03 08:49 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thanx guys, I just feel kinda bad if things go wrong. He was really excited about having the mushrooms and came to me for advice. The reason I wrote this is also because I had a horrible day dream about him going insane and never being the same again, and in the future when he has kids he's just too psychologically bothered to care for them. Or that he died and his unborn child didn't have a father and my friend and his family hate me forever. But then again people have taken soooo much more and have been just fine, so it's just my exagerating mind I guess.

Besides...I read once that it's better (for the inexperienced) to have a powerful ovewhelming trip than a weak mediocre one because once you get the powerful one out of the way, the lower doses should be more pleasant.

I hope everything goes well...I'll know tommorrow.

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1846273 - 08/24/03 08:57 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

hopefully we'll know tomorrow too? hehe can you let us know how it goes?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Re: Shit did I make a bad suggestion? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1846634 - 08/24/03 10:43 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

lol I definetly will do!

--------------------

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
    #1846638 - 08/24/03 10:46 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

A 1/8th is fine, i ate that much my first time and it was perfect, i loved it. As long as he is a mentally stable person he probably had a blast!

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

OfflineMoronacracy
Lurker #1
Re: Shit did I make a bad suggestion? [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #1847205 - 08/25/03 02:32 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I ate en eigth my first time and I went absolutely insane on a downward spiraling trip.

I'd suggest 2 grams or so for the first time. That way they can still have some fun, and be able to learn a little of the experience before going full blast and possibly have a bad trip.

I still haven't shroomed since my first time, but I'm waiting to get some mushies and I'll do a 2g dose. Can't let a learning experience like that go in vain!

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #1847403 - 08/25/03 04:17 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

First times... (the Trip has happened, but lemme anyways!)

My very first time on Mushrooms... Twas 10 years ago, and I vividly remember it. I had prior experience with substantial amounts of grass and, vastly more important, MDEA, a designer XTC.

The amount I used was just about right. The shopkeep said: "start out with half of it and then up it if you like the territory."

Well not us! We decided to take a full portion of the mushrooms. The species was Psilocybe semilanceata, the Liberty Cap, the dosage 1.2 grams or little under 1/16. Oh how delightful it was! Had we taken 1/8 we would've fried which might have been OK but consensus has it Mushrooms are an aquired taste. You don't parachute until you've had some lessons...

Dosage now.. You're talking Cubies which is quite different altogether. there are very strong and very weak ones. Grown on bulk substrate (straw/dung etc) they average around 6mg Psilocybin equiv. a gram whereas the rarer grain-grown ones may well average 12mg/gr.
All in all cubies may be half- or fullstrength compared to Libcaps.

Going with the Shopkeep's advice and my years of experience I would say take 1/16 and should that be insufficient up it with the other half of the 1/8 portion, since 1/16 would likely be equivalent to one-half to one portion of Libcaps I had starting out.

Most growers I've spoken agree with the appearant fact that 1/16 of properly grain/rice grown cubies might be as potent as a whole 1/8 of the bulk-substrate grown commercial cubies that usually are available.

Having tripped several times (67x in 10 yearts) and being reasonably experienced with various measured doses as well as reasonably sensitive I personally prefer 2-3 grams of regular commercial cubies whereas I take 1-1.5 grams of the super-powerful graingrown ones for a regular trip, this being about as much as the portion of semis I started out with. My cubies-dosing schedule is as follows:

PURPOSE of the TRIP....COMMERCIAL/BULK.....GRAINGROWN...PSILOCYBIN:

Meditation Session.......1-1.5 grams.......0.5-0.75gr......~6-9mg
Regular/Forest Trip........2-3 grams..........1-1.5gr....~12-18mg
Heavy/Spirit Travel........4-6 grams............2-3gr....~24-36mg
Strongest Trip Ever.........10 grams..............5gr.......~60mg

Now most non-growing trippers know only the Commercial/Bulk kind of mushrooms. When they encounter good Graingrown ones on their regular dosage of say 1/8 it will smite them with sheer force and they wonder whether the mushrooms were spiked with something.
Given the choice I'd pick graingrowns as my #1 cubie of all time.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: Shit did I make a bad suggestion? [Re: Asante]
    #1848208 - 08/25/03 02:03 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i took an 1/8th my first time. everyone should. i think ur really overreacting. u said he was excited right?when ur happy about it and arnt worried ur not gonna have a bad trip ull have a really good trip. if your about to trip an ur thinkin good its gonna b all good, if ur thinkin bad its gonna b all bad.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience