Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesomething super extreme
NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

Loc: TURNT UP!
Re: Were the Grateful Dead Freemason Satanists? [Re: Sham87]
    #18459212 - 06/23/13 01:22 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Jerry Garcia is a terrible fucking singer.
Everything that comes out of his mouth sounds like half-mumbled shit, and when you can even understand him it's usually some vague and pointless empty lyrics that idiotic hippie types cling to as a sort of messianic message.

The musicianship is mediocre and lacking any show of virtuosity. Songs are the same boring-ass shit played by a bunch of brain-fried imbeciles. Jerry Garcia's a pretentious prick who vastly overestimates the quality and significance of his 'contributions' to the arts. I'll admit, I was amused when I read about the fat fucking going into a diabetic coma though.

I also have a deep personal hatred for the talentless piece of shit that is Mickey Hart, who somehow felt justified in producing two equally worthless books on drumming and percussion.

Then again, attempting to convince a bunch of bumbling hippies why a mediocre jam band isn't the most revolutionary band in the history of music is kind of pointless, so whatever. While I'm at it, fuck Phish, Hendrix, and Bob Dylan too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: Were the Grateful Dead Freemason Satanists? [Re: something super extreme]
    #18459222 - 06/23/13 01:26 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, but Branford played with them.

--------------------
!

NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

Re: Were the Grateful Dead Freemason Satanists? [Re: jewunit]
    #18459226 - 06/23/13 01:28 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, and Branford is a fantastic soprano sax player in particular. Doesn't make the dead any better.

InvisibleSham87
mashAllah
Male

Re: Were the Grateful Dead Freemason Satanists? [Re: something super extreme] * 3
    #18459228 - 06/23/13 01:28 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

sVs said:
Everything that comes out of his mouth sounds like half-mumbled shit, and when you can even understand him it's usually some vague and pointless empty lyrics that idiotic hippie types cling to as a sort of messianic message.

The musicianship is mediocre and lacking any show of virtuosity. Songs are the same boring-ass shit played by a bunch of brain-fried imbeciles. Jerry Garcia's a pretentious prick who vastly overestimates the quality and significance of his 'contributions' to the arts. I'll admit, I was amused when I read about the fat fucking going into a diabetic coma though.

I also have a deep personal hatred for the talentless piece of shit that is Mickey Hart, who somehow felt justified in producing two equally worthless books on drumming and percussion.

Then again, attempting to convince a bunch of bumbling hippies why a mediocre jam band isn't the most revolutionary band in the history of music is kind of pointless, so whatever. While I'm at it, fuck Phish, Hendrix, and Bob Dylan too.

So angry child.

--------------------
:mushroom2::sun::crazy2::leaf:

...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right...

:feelsgoatman:

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery

#18459242 - 06/23/13 01:33 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I'd rather listen to him play the tenor any day of the week.

--------------------
!

NIGGA YOU A FUCK NIGGA!
 User Gallery

Re: Were the Grateful Dead Freemason Satanists? [Re: jewunit]
    #18459253 - 06/23/13 01:37 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I don't like alto or tenor saxes very much. I would be happy if he picked up bari at some point.
Would rather listen to Roach play drums.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery

#18459265 - 06/23/13 01:45 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

White people play bari.

There are like no good videos of Smulyan on Youtube wtf.

--------------------
!

OfflineFerburu
Male

Loc: Flag
    #18459602 - 06/23/13 06:02 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Your the one posting? Ya gonna go into it? What do ya mean? Sorry ya don't feel like it, maybe I would have more respect for your feeling if ya weren't spreading generalizations of judgement and arguing the point.

Lets be honest, the reason ya ask " Do I need to go into...?" is because simply ya must think of those reasons

InvisibleThe Doobie Dude

#18459634 - 06/23/13 06:19 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

sVs said:

Someone has not seen The Dead, Phil and friends or Furthur live :lmafo::facepalm::blewmeanie:

--------------------

"There are a million reasons to drink and one just popped into my head.  If a man can't drink when he's living how the Hell can he drink when he's dead?" - Irish Limerick
I PLURed once because it was PLUR or die. - D.M.T.

OfflineFerburu
Male

#18459661 - 06/23/13 06:33 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Want to do a poll on who understands Jerry Garcia when he sings? Their lyrics are pretty well explained when ya search in interviews. I think this can easily be said for any band that many misunderstands lyrics and puts there own meaning on it, what is your point?

Examples of how it is mediocre? The "same-ass boring shit" and accusation of being "brain-fried imbeciles" are not examples. How is Jerry a pretentious prick (why all the big words?)? When does Jerry ever go boasting his contributions? Dude pretty much lived and died the tour which is more than can be said for most artist. What is the point of telling us it gives you gratification to see a man hurt? I would think you would keep that to yourself and try to eat some mushrooms and get out of that mindset...the hate comment didn't explain anything.

next,

InvisibleThe Doobie Dude

Re: Were the Grateful Dead Freemason Satanists? [Re: Ferburu]
    #18459670 - 06/23/13 06:41 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know why you feel the need to respond he's never seen them live I bet and it won't change what he thinks.  His loss

--------------------

"There are a million reasons to drink and one just popped into my head.  If a man can't drink when he's living how the Hell can he drink when he's dead?" - Irish Limerick

OfflineConstantine
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm a teapot

#18459682 - 06/23/13 06:49 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

You're right, fuck Hendrix, that worthless piece of shit. I'm sure the shitty metal music you enjoy listening to is so much better. :rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Were the Grateful Dead Freemason Satanists? [Re: Constantine]
    #18459686 - 06/23/13 06:50 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I actually met the OP of this thread at a Dead show many years ago. LOL Cool guy. I think he kinda went off his rocker though and finally quit posting.

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

InvisibleThe Doobie Dude

Re: Were the Grateful Dead Freemason Satanists? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #18459695 - 06/23/13 06:54 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

nicechrisman said:
I actually met the OP of this thread at a Dead show many years ago. LOL Cool guy. I think he kinda went off his rocker though and finally quit posting.

We all go a little mad sometimes.

--------------------

OfflineLed Zeppelin
Tripper

Re: Were the Grateful Dead Freemason Satanists? [Re: something super extreme] * 1
    #18459988 - 06/23/13 08:48 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

sVs said:
Quote:

Sham87 said:
Uhh no.

Uhh yeah.
Do I need to go into the various reasons why and how their music is both generic and mediocre? Because I don't really feel like it.

whats your favorite band?

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Were the Grateful Dead Freemason Satanists? [Re: Led Zeppelin]
    #18460562 - 06/23/13 11:30 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

They're so edgy you've probably never heard of them :tongue:

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

OfflineTaco Chef
I found dead John Cheever
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
Re: Were the Grateful Dead Freemason Satanists? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #18460622 - 06/23/13 11:49 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
Quote:

Lizard Eyes said:
I don't think sooo. I always thought it was a badass name but didn't really match the kind of music they made. Then I got into phycedellics and revisitied them. Pretty sure it means Dead as in ego death :justdontknow: at least thats how I interpret it.

There are many stories about the name. The likeliest one is that they were flipping through a dictionary & Jerry opened it to a page, and the words "Grateful Dead" stuck out to him. The rest of the page melted away. (He was coming down off of a DMT trip at the time.) He said "How about the Grateful Dead man?", and thus the name was born.

the version of that story i know is that the book was the egyptian book of the dead and not a random dictionary.

--------------------

InvisibleSham87
mashAllah
Male

Re: Were the Grateful Dead Freemason Satanists? [Re: nicechrisman]
    #18460899 - 06/23/13 01:04 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

nicechrisman said:
They're so edgy you've probably never heard of them :tongue:

:lolsy:

--------------------
:mushroom2::sun::crazy2::leaf:

...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right...

:feelsgoatman:

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Were the Grateful Dead Freemason Satanists? [Re: Constantine]
    #18462853 - 06/23/13 09:54 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Constantine said:
Quote:

You're right, fuck Hendrix, that worthless piece of shit. I'm sure the shitty metal music you enjoy listening to is so much better. :rolleyes:

well, it's better then Hendrix, because there is so much more of it. :shrug:

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery

Re: Were the Grateful Dead Freemason Satanists? [Re: akira_akuma]
    #18463721 - 06/24/13 02:15 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I like when music fans get all egotistical about music that they never even made themselves. It's very funny to me.

--------------------
!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies