Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Why do we have drug paraphernalia laws?
    #1843898 - 08/23/03 05:50 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Specifically sale and manufacture laws?

The only explanation I've read is that it is because it's proffiting off of an illegal activity, but don't drug tests also proffit off of drugs?

Technically it's just as illegal to sell someone a bong with the knowledge that it will be used to smoke marijuana as it is for a tobacco store owner to sell a briar or meershaum pipe to someone with the same knowledge.

It seems to me that the intent of the law is to suppress speech. You take a big risk to both sell pipes and bongs and to be active and vocal about marijuana. Paraphernalia law has been an effective gag on headshops which would have otherwise (some of them at least) been a local headquarters for the drug reform movement.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Why do we have drug paraphernalia laws? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1843903 - 08/23/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

why do we have drug laws?

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why do we have drug paraphernalia laws? [Re: ]
    #1843923 - 08/23/03 06:10 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

That's a whole `nother thread.

The short version: Drug laws are all about putting people in jail for things they hypothetically might do.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1843930 - 08/23/03 06:13 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
The short version: Drug laws are all about putting people in jail for things they hypothetically might do.

I actually had one of my friends (a middle of the road conservative republican type guy) argue with me saying that it was ok to put people in jail for what they might do (specifically referring to drug laws). What a moron.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: Why do we have drug paraphernalia laws? [Re: z@z.com]
    #1843939 - 08/23/03 06:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

That's prior restraint.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why do we have drug paraphernalia laws? [Re: wingnutx]
    #1843944 - 08/23/03 06:25 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Isn't prior restraint a "freedom of the press" issue?

--------------------

Invisiblewingnutx

#1843954 - 08/23/03 06:35 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah.

It's sorta almost the same concept, though.

:nut:

OnlineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1844115 - 08/23/03 08:03 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Going after people for things they hypothetically might do. Where have I heard that before?

Drugs are the ultimate scapegoat. Career politicians make and enforce drug laws so that they can say "look what I did".

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Why do we have drug paraphernalia laws? [Re: Learyfan]
    #1844152 - 08/23/03 08:25 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I'm confused, honestly, what year is it? 1984?

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OnlineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Why do we have drug paraphernalia laws? [Re: gdman]
    #1844330 - 08/23/03 09:44 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yep.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Why do we have drug paraphernalia laws? [Re: Learyfan]
    #1844357 - 08/23/03 09:52 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Can't be, no Soviet Union.

All praise St. Regan.

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #1844473 - 08/23/03 10:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I love big brother

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1844959 - 08/24/03 05:08 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I can only think of one reason, which is, of course bullshit: if the heads can't get their bongs and pipes, they figure, they won't be able to smoke their pot.

...Of course, anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows this is bullshit.  As George Carlin said, pot encourages carpentry.  :wink:  So long as you can get a few pipe fittings, or, shit, rolling papers, there's no way to stop it. 

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1845702 - 08/24/03 03:14 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

we have drug paraphanilia laws because the government doesn't like people doing drugs and wishes to lower the supply of supplies :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #1845925 - 08/24/03 04:42 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I got arrested over this!! When you get arrested the police like to tack on extra laws that were broken so you can get trapped in the system longer.

that and the fact that at least in this part of california, drug paraphernalia can and will get you jail time, unlike simple possession. check the laws out and see what's up.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom