Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Some New Found Realizations
    #1845289 - 08/24/03 01:50 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Xibalba said:
What if this is what happens every night- you 'die' as soon as you fall asleep, and another consciousness is born in the morning with all your memories... Seems ridiculous, because you can remember going to sleep and waking up your whole life.
But those are other people's memories. Your whole life was *really* just today, and it will be exinguished forever the next time you lose consciousness.

Now suppose the same thing is happening every instant...

I love this statement. I am now thinking about how everything is just One, pure energy.

And what about the part of the One experiencing itself?

This probably has a lot to do with the experiencing itself part. Everything is broken down into infinite levels. Each level breaks down the One into smaller and smaller perspectives. This limits the now individual bits of energy from seeing the entire view, so that it can begin to experience itself.

We are just Pure Energy flowing through some system purposely broken down and designed for the ability of a subjective view, to experience the One Creation. Some sort of system is constructed so that memories can be stored, so that some individual, seperate viewpoint can be withheld...

An analogy I am starting to form is of a computer. When you load up your computer, it is always the same, holding the same files and information as had been the time before... but what about the energy that is powering it? It isn't the same energy that has always been powering it, because new energy is flowing in from the wall.. But yet the computer still has the same information stored into it..

And the system that gives the computer form and the ability of storing its information is also composed of energy at different levels.. What I am thinking about now is encapsulation. Have you ever subnetted an IP Address?

Think about binary code. 1's, and 0's. Only two options. A 1, and a 0. Every sort of computer program in existance is running off of those two options. For computers, it is the code that makes up everything else, if you were an individual part in a computer and you "broke out of the Matrix", so to speak, the 1's and the 0's would be the code you would see. Everything that this individual part experienced that seemed so real was in fact just combinations of 1's and 0's.

We are just Pure Energy encapsulated. And, of course, the encapsulation is Pure Energy itself. We are just One, experiencing itself.

Well, that is all I can think of right now, so if I think of more later, I'll post it. I'd appreciate your comments, as they can bring new things out of me, just like the original quote brought this out of me (thanks, Xibalba, 5 Shrooms for you!... I posted it in my own thread because I have a shred of ego left, hehe)
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Some New Found Realizations [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1845756 - 08/24/03 05:41 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I think a lot of this depends on what one's definition of "consciousness" is :wink:

I think what makes me primarily ME is the recordings my brain has made (my memories, the ones I can easily recall and ones 'way inside'). So even though my body's cells almost completely replace themselves every seven years or so, I'm still me - this was a point brought up in Waking Life (two chicks in a coffee shop).

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Some New Found Realizations [Re: Strumpling]
    #1845815 - 08/24/03 06:00 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I agree with you, when you say that what makes us "us" is the recordings in our brain. It is what makes the computer we are on different than the one in the library.

I am really starting to understand the concept of One and the energy thing, the idea is really starting to take shape in my head. And of course, my brain is just some energy formed into something that can hold my identity, my recollections, etc. Every thought and input I have experienced are stored within (being able to recall all the information, on the other hand, gets a bit tricky.. hehe).

Whatever it is that stores all of this and keeps the identify of who I am within is just made out of energy, and what sort of "powers" this is energy as well.. energy constantly flowing in and out of everything..

The Experience experiencing itself.. my mind is blown..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1845854 - 08/24/03 06:18 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

yeah its amazing :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #1846668 - 08/24/03 10:52 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thats really wierd, because awhile ago I was thinking the same thing.  Kinda scared me  :ooo: 

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Some New Found Realizations [Re: barfightlard]
    #1846970 - 08/25/03 12:54 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Collective Consciousness :wink:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineAcid_Zombiie
Stoned Wanderer
Re: Some New Found Realizations [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #1847076 - 08/25/03 01:33 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

whats the point of even thinking all these thigns? is your life going to be any better or richer having "figured out" all this nonsense? All it does is make a perosn paranoid, makign it harder to enjoy life. Just trust that there is somethign bigger than us and live decently.

--------------------
Always searching for the red pill...

OfflineGanjaManDan
Blazin' Phatties
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Some New Found Realizations [Re: Acid_Zombiie]
    #1847126 - 08/25/03 01:50 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Um, how does it make someone paranoid?

But, I do like that statement about trusting that there is something out there....

Life is just too ironic for nothing to be out there...

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1847576 - 08/25/03 06:35 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Acid_Zombiie said:
whats the point of even thinking all these thigns? is your life going to be any better or richer having "figured out" all this nonsense? All it does is make a perosn paranoid, makign it harder to enjoy life. Just trust that there is somethign bigger than us and live decently.

Is my life going to be any richer? Certainly. Knowing what I know brings out a sort of spiritual sacredness in me, it makes me treasure life for what it really is, instead of just living without any knowledge.

I don't find myself paranoid, or that it is now harder to enjoy life. I find it easier to enjoy life knowing what it really is...

Trust that there is something bigger than us? We are all One. We are all the same. I'll live my life accordingly.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1847635 - 08/25/03 07:54 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Some people climb rocks, and this makes their lives better and richer. Others are content to know that the rocks are out there, and do other things to enjoy life. For some people, including me, thinking about reality and figuring out things is similar to rock climbing in this respect.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Some New Found Realizations [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1847689 - 08/25/03 09:13 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

"An analogy I am starting to form is of a computer. When you load up your computer, it is always the same, holding the same files and information as had been the time before... but what about the energy that is powering it? It isn't the same energy that has always been powering it, because new energy is flowing in from the wall.. But yet the computer still has the same information stored into it.. "

would you agree then that turning off the computer is our equivalent to going to sleep? In essence there really isn't death?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Some New Found Realizations [Re: kaiowas]
    #1847696 - 08/25/03 09:19 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I would agree, because the information is still there. It can always be booted up later.

The difference, I think, is that when we die, it isn't possible again to boot up the information, so technically death is still there.

However, death is meaningless, since we are really only energy divided into different structures so that experience can be made, we are still just Energy.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #1847703 - 08/25/03 09:25 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

more like actors playing out different roles to experience and understand, awesome.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #1850337 - 08/26/03 02:17 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Now suppose the same thing is happening every instant...

There was a new scientist/philosopher (sorry, I can't remember his name, but he published less than 3 months ago) , who studied and came to the conclusion that there is no such thing as an instant.

If instants are snap shots of time, then an object moving is still. If it is still, how can it move to the next instant?  In addition, how small could an instant be? even if it is infintely small, it would still be a measure of stillness, because an instant is a spot, a point in time. 

Sorry, quite a sidenote.

Back on topic, I think it is heartwarming to think about this, it evokes some larger energetic connection.  If I am you, and you are me, and so is he, then we share consciousness on a level.  This consciousness, being tied in with your thoughts and feelings, is pondering its existence as being One with everything.  Through your more 'individual' consciousness, you communicate these thoughts to another -aspect of the One- and he thinks this also.  Sharing these thoughts further ignites the One Consciousness, experiencing itself as interconnectedness, where everything is everything and then there is Nothing.
Nothingness occurs, according to Buddhist texts, when this point is reached.  it is not the absence of something, rather it is a realm that transcends language, thought, or emotion because it is those things.  Does the one consciousness need to think? no, because it IS.
I'll post more on this later if i feel like digging my old notes out. :smile:   

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Offlinealakona
at least i'm not Poid.
 User Gallery

Loc: ville.
Re: Some New Found Realizations [Re: Blastrid]
    #1850355 - 08/26/03 02:30 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

In my anthro class last week, the professor told us of a man who theorized that heaven in our dreams, that when we sleep our conscious "dies" and experiances a heaven-like state, and the only thing that takes us away from that is our waking up. He said this is why we often take on the form of other things, communicate with loved ones that have moved on, and meet people we have never encountered before. Just thought that that was interesting...

--------------------
making you want to be a better person since 2008.

TrippinTeddy said:
sometimes when I'm raping a bitch, I like to tickle her ribs and under neath her arms, and I say "loosen up bitch, lets have fun now because if I have to kill your squirming ass, only one of us will be having fun, and you can't have a party all by yourself can you?" Then its usually all laughs and good times from there.

leftysurprise said:
  ive been fucking praying for 2 years that she would just get over her phobia of jizz and take a load right down the gullet for me.

OfflinePyronate
Prying open mythird eye

Loc: Forever I walk among the ...
Re: Some New Found Realizations [Re: Blastrid]
    #1852248 - 08/26/03 07:25 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

If instants are snap shots of time, then an object moving is still. If it is still, how can it move to the next instant? In addition, how small could an instant be? even if it is infintely small, it would still be a measure of stillness, because an instant is a spot, a point in time.

Here's a possible thought: In that instant of time, the snapshot, there is no motion - but there is present a vector for that object which indicates where it will be in the next instant.

In this manner, "time" is created by putting together (as per a jigsaw puzzle) different instants/pieces to create a continuous flow of vectors - all attached head to tail in a coherent fashion. This creates the illusion of motion and the illusion of time.

I vaguely recall reading part of a book a while back called "The End of Time"... I should try to find another copy of it one of these days.

--------------------
"It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom... keep that in mind at all times."

--Bill Hicks (RIP)

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Some New Found Realizations [Re: Pyronate]
    #1853366 - 08/27/03 01:03 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

There is no such thing as time, just different ways of precieving it.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Some New Found Realizations [Re: Murex]
    #1853610 - 08/27/03 02:29 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

"There is no such thing as time, just different ways of precieving it."

ok in that last statement, can you tell me what "it" means?

--------------------

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: Some New Found Realizations [Re: Pyronate]
    #1853951 - 08/27/03 04:54 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I vaguely recall reading part of a book a while back called "The End of Time"... I should try to find another copy of it one of these days.

Is that by any chance the book by Julian Barbour?

That book describes a multiverse called Platonia in which there is no time dimension, only an infinite collection of all possible "now" instances, each containing a snapshot of existence (including distant galaxies etc). Any track through this Platonia may define a timeline. There was some problem reconciling all this with known physics, which Barbour tried to address in the book, but I don't remember the details.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Some New Found Realizations [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1854013 - 08/27/03 06:10 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Time is just an illusion to us, just like everything else....

I mean, yeah, time exists, but only in our mind. It is only our mind that keeps a continous flow between points...

And questioning how small an "instant" is doesn't argue agansit this.. there is basically an infinte amount of "instants" in infinte sizes..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here