Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedanelectro
Disenfranchised

Loc: Left of Oblivion
Stealth Cabinet
    #1844824 - 08/24/03 03:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Okay so here goes I hope someone can picture this. My friend will be building a bookcase in the office room off of his bedroom. It's on a wall with a slanting roof. The tall part will be 7ft 5 inches high and the low part will be 5 feet high, the height of the lowest point in the slanted ceiling. So he'll have a triangular area that measures 3ft 8inches wide by 2ft 4 inches high by 1ft 1 inch deep. He plans to close this off and grow inside. He'll use a 10gallon aquarium that's 1ft8 in by 1ft by 8 in and a 1 foot cube, for fruiting both with independent lighting. Provide air exchange most likely by air pumps that will also provide humidity as hand fanning and misting would be difficult. Also included would be an area for incubation via a water heater in a mason jar all the cords would run back behind the books in the bookcase, a thermometer/hydrometer will have the remote sensor inside and the panel located outside the unit to provide easy monitoring. The front panel of the grow room will have hinges on the inside bottom and a lock on the inside top and will asseciable from a hidden panel on the left hand side (which is the tallest side furthest from the low part of the slant of the ceiling.) Now the only problem besides getting proper air exchange and humidity is what to the blocked off area the makes the grow room is. How to camiflage the front to make it seem useful. I say hang speakers on it that can easily be removes which would also aid in hiding the cords coming from the grow but he's up to better suggestions. Any thoughts on all this?

--------------------
We should really love each other, in peace and harmony. Instead we're fussing and fighting, like we ain't supposed to be.-Bob Marley
The people, the still sleeping mass which it was necessary to mobilize and its vanguard, the guerrillas.
-Che

Edited by danelectro (08/24/03 01:03 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTripplebeam
Stranger
Re: Stealth Cabinet [Re: danelectro]
    #1846639 - 08/24/03 10:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

sounds good, im always tryin to come up with stealth ideas. the only problem you'l have is the noise from the air pumps, espacially if you run them all the time, and also an idea is to drill a hole in thelid of the aquarium and place a fish tank filter on some tubing in it so the air pump pushes out the co2 threw this and replaces it with fresh air. if the chamber was going tobe completely sterile then you could use a computer modem fan for air exchange and it would be silent but you the need a proper misting method becuase they tend to dry out the casings and cakes but if used properly they work great and also ct back on the moister towards harvest time and you will be air drying the shrooms before you even pick them. later and good luck

Offlinemattch1
Monseur

Loc: WV
Re: Stealth Cabinet [Re: Tripplebeam]
    #1846822 - 08/24/03 11:53 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

if ur that worried about getting caught where u are, its probably not a good idea to start growing in the first place. It is hard to hide a grow chamber in a public/risky area because it has to be monitored frequently, makes noise, has a wierd smell (not bad, just doesnt smell like a bookcase), and needs light. If its in a place that has a high risk of getting found, bad idea, hidden or not.
besides that, good idea, lol... i wish u luck
~MC

--------------------
Everything I ask is for informational purposes only. There is no truth to what i say. I am lying.

Offlinedanelectro
Disenfranchised

Loc: Left of Oblivion
Re: Stealth Cabinet [Re: mattch1]
    #1847288 - 08/25/03 03:18 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

As far as air pumps go I'm not concerned for one it will be behind a sheet and plywood which I will dampen further with cloth and isolate the pumps with rubber bands (idea from the monolith article on overgrow.com) like in a microphone, the bookcase is in my room and since the computer will soon be out of here I'll be the only person in the room ever. The light will be from small flourescent or regular 15 watt bulbs (depending on heat output and price) and I can always open in up to mist and fan to take care of any problems. The actual grow room will be hidden behind a drafting table attached to the plywood in the front so it won't look out of place. As far as smell goes I've never had a problem with smell from the grows. But then again it isn't my bookcase it's a friend's I just live vicariously, and he thanks you for your concern mattch

--------------------
We should really love each other, in peace and harmony. Instead we're fussing and fighting, like we ain't supposed to be.-Bob Marley
The people, the still sleeping mass which it was necessary to mobilize and its vanguard, the guerrillas.
-Che

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation