Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
laughing
    #1844724 - 08/24/03 02:37 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

why does laughing make me happy?

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
Re: laughing [Re: CleverName]
    #1844813 - 08/24/03 03:30 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

it doesn't...laughter is an expression of happiness

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

OfflineDrBonG
JTO KREW

Re: laughing [Re: Mystical_Craven]
    #1844825 - 08/24/03 03:48 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

boomshaka boom haha

--------------------
Cemetery lady, my cemetery girl
Cemetery baby, I want you in my world
Cemetery woman, we can still be down
You're more than just a corpse to a psychopathic clown

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1844874 - 08/24/03 04:49 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Expressions of happiness can make others happy :smile:

Laughing is great :laugh: Its like this whole other type of communication at times.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: laughing [Re: Strumpling]
    #1845013 - 08/24/03 08:54 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

God damn.. I have this really annoying drummer friend, and he is so god damn stupid, and he does all sorts of stupid things and then laughs, and I always just burst out laughing because he is laughing.. it just has something to do with how dumb he is and his laugh, it always seems to set me off.. then people look at me like I am dumb, since I am laughing at him laughing but they think I am laughing as if what he said was funny...

It is weird, though, because he is really annoying and pisses everyone off, but it never seems to bother me except for some rare occasions when he really goes overboard, and I don't mind him being around for the most part.... so I don't mind him being in my band and all, but my lead guitarist really doesn't like him, and he is go reat at drumming... It might work in the end, though, my guitarist will eventually realize that he isn't that bad and that it is his own fault that he is annoyed by my drummer..
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

#1845017 - 08/24/03 09:13 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

to me laughter is one of life's greatest mysteries...
why do our bodies convulse and exhale forcefully at a rapid rate simply because we saw or heard something (not necessarily outside of our on mind) that causes such a specific response from our nervous sytem?

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
    #1845068 - 08/24/03 10:40 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Mystical_Craven said:
it doesn't...laughter is an expression of happiness   

i've always found laughter to be circular(especially on acid), you see humour, you laugh, you laugh so you see humour etc....until you're convulsed in a ball on the floor not even knowing what you're laughing about, to me that's the best kind....laughter with no particular object or just cauz :grin: It really CAN take you to a cosmic level when it gets to THAT point :smile: :lol: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Offlinelucid
Jack's AlteredConsciousness

Loc: up on the bidet
Re: laughing [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1845395 - 08/24/03 02:40 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

FreakQlibrium said:
until you're convulsed in a ball on the floor not even knowing what you're laughing about, to me that's the best kind....

There's meds for that kinda laughter :nut: :lol: 

--------------------
"no-mind un-thinks no-thought..."

OfflineLaxy

Re: laughing [Re: lucid]
    #1845455 - 08/24/03 03:16 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

TO answer the original question in the thread.  Laughter releases serotonin.  Serotonin = happy :smile:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1845670 - 08/24/03 04:57 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Laughter is good for the soul

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: laughing [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1845745 - 08/24/03 05:37 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

and I always just burst out laughing because he is laughing..

Hah, I know what you mean. When another human laughs or smiles, I just can't help but laugh myself. Even when something isn't funny to me, I still have to laugh simply because another person is laughing. I can't help but join in, to bring that joviality to life, so to speak.

I dunno, I just don't understand people with really "elite" sense of humor where they're cynical about everything and hardly laugh or smile. Who cares if its intelligent humor or not, its a human expressing his delight with some novel thing he's experienced! Thats a fucking beautiful thing in my eyes and I feel honored to laugh with others, to share in that feeling. Peace.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: laughing [Re: chunder]
    #1845770 - 08/24/03 05:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

chunder said:
I dunno, I just don't understand people with really "elite" sense of humor where they're cynical about everything and hardly laugh or smile. Who cares if its intelligent humor or not, its a human expressing his delight with some novel thing he's experienced! Thats a fucking beautiful thing in my eyes and I feel honored to laugh with others, to share in that feeling. Peace.

Way too many people wait until everything fits their standards before they start enjoying their lives again.. Hmm.. maybe if they would lower their standards, they would enjoy life more? Be loving and flowing in all situtations thrown at you, make do with what one has to make do with..

The kid is just crazy. I mean, he's over 300 lbs, is a great drummer, but he gets completely crazy and it ends up coming off as annoying as some.. He's just too vocal. I guess I identify with him and tolerate him more because if I just let go of a lot of the holding back, I'd sound just like him.. all sorts of thoughts with no purpose.. sort of hard to describe, but I would make a great poster at Off-Topic, that's for sure...

Laughing is great. Laughing is a means of expressing yourself, to say to the world "Hahaha, this is fucking funny, hilarious, amusing....". Some people get so wrapped up in what others think that they never laugh, and when they do (because it seems like they should be), it usually doesn't come out right, since it isn't natural.. you can always tell, can't ya?
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: laughing [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1845824 - 08/24/03 06:03 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

"laughter with no particular object or just cauz  It really CAN take you to a cosmic level when it gets to THAT point"

awww yeah man! I recall one evening at a friend's house when I was hanging out with 5 other friends. I was bored - nobody was saying anything - we were all a bit stoned - I decided to go for it; I sent some laughs out, just laughing because "hey look at us!" (I didn't SAY that.. just started laughing.)

Everybody was looking at me for a bit, but very soon a couple others started laughing too, which fed my laughter - within one minute, we were all laughing uncontrollably, grabbing our stomaches yelling STOP STOP HAHAHAAA STOP OUCH HAHAHAAA!!! We kept going for several minutes, all trying to get eachother to stop laughing.. There would be points where everybody quited up for the most part and lol were like "ok ok ok ok we're back under control here.. whew!" but somebody would snicker or giggle or something and everybody would explode into laughter again going "no no stop hahahaaa ouch aaahh my stomache ouch ahahhaahahaaa hahahaa stop no hahahaaa!"

Eventually we went to dinner and settled down, but man it was amazing just having a laughing orgy for a while - this one dude who never really seems entertained by anything even couldn't control himself.. IT WAS COMPLETE DISORDER caused by mere giggling :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (08/24/03 06:04 PM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: laughing [Re: Strumpling]
    #1845834 - 08/24/03 06:11 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Once me and my lead guitarist were really baked at his house, we were watching the movie Gladiator and he was playing some guitar unplugged on the couch..

He preceded to continue playing something new and fucking amazing that he had never been capable of playing before, and it had the strangest effect on my head, I just burst out laughing uncontrollably.. He asked "what?", and I told him how crazy and good it was, and he just said slowly, "that's the way its suspossed to be", and we both started laughing again.. Then we just started watching the movie again, and it was the part where the Emperor's advisor was telling him the plan for finding out who was agansit him..

My friend started making this slithering sound and said "It's the ssnaakee, the cold blooded ssnakkkeee".. and that set us off again...

That moment is etched into my mind forever.. (on a side note, the idea of the snake, sitting back and stirring things up to his advantage, bringing himself what he wants without having to do anything but lead people is quite the trip for me to think about...)
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineGanjaManDan
Blazin' Phatties
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: laughing [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1847143 - 08/25/03 01:59 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You know whats funny?  The first time I got high with my buddy, we were walking to the convience store to grab some munchies.  Anyways, on the way there my buddy starts to burst out in laughter.  I look over and see this girl trying to get a golden retriever into the back seat of her car..  The funny part was that she was lifting the dog up in a doggy style position... It would be funnier if you were there at the time.. :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology