Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebeam
Shroomshake
    #1842749 - 08/23/03 01:45 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

How would it be making a milkshake say with ice cream, milk and a flavouring like chocolate or banana and chucking some dried shrooms in and then into a blender.

I hate the taste of dry shrooms and almost puke everytime i eat them and i only eat about 12 smallish ones (p subs). The best trip i've ever had was when i chopped them up, put them on a peanut butter toast, it came on very quick with 30 min, i ended up puking but it was alright, do you think i would puke if i had it in a milkshake?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinejamboUK
A Fun Guy
Re: Shroomshake [Re: beam]
    #1842866 - 08/23/03 06:59 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I'm a newbie myself, but I can tell you that a recent thread on 'shroom tea (possibly in Trip Tips, I don't recall) said it solves a lot of cases of nausea. Have a search for that, and perhaps some one else more qualified can answer your shake question. HTH

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
Re: Shroomshake [Re: jamboUK]
    #1842921 - 08/23/03 08:27 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I myself have never made mushroom tea but I'm sure I will whenever I get some fresh mushies. I'm pretty sure you can't make tea with dried mushrooms though, am i correct?

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1843031 - 08/23/03 09:48 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

there's been some debate on the consumption of dairy products and trippin' a lot of people (myself included) avoid dairy products since it can slow down or even dull the effects of mushrooms when eaten together, milk does coat the stomach so there probably is some truth behind those claims. I say try making tea, works great for me. I have somewhat of the same problem as you when it comes to trying to down shrooms.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Edited by soochi (08/23/03 09:50 AM)

Anonymous

Re: Shroomshake [Re: soochi]
    #1843094 - 08/23/03 10:32 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

orange juice, strawberries, banana, some blueberries and some shrooms makes for a mighty tasty blended beverage if you're lookin for something other than tea :smile:

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Shroomshake [Re: ]
    #1843125 - 08/23/03 10:49 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I just grind them up and mix them well into some OJ. It works great, no taste at all. I will never chomp shrooms down again. I always gag, and end up puking. Eating fresh ones is just as bad for me because of the texture.

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: Shroomshake [Re: shakta]
    #1843315 - 08/23/03 12:21 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i think a shroom shake would b nasty and then whenever u have a regular milkshake ull think about how nasty that shroom shake was and ull gag when ur tryin to get the regular one down.

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #1843726 - 08/23/03 03:53 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Make tea. Follow this recipe and you will not taste the mushrooms at all... not at all.

Tea for two:

1. Two cups boiling water
2. Three green tea bags
3. Four or five grams dry or 40 to 50 grams fresh cubies
4. Juice of one lemon
5. A little honey or sugar

Put the tea bags in a pot and pour the boiling water over them

Wait about 30 seconds for the water to cool slightly (too hot and it denatures some of the alkaloids) then toss in the mushrooms

Let it sit for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Pull out tea bags and squeeze excess liquid into the pot, then toss them in the trash.

Pour tea and mushrooms into blender and run on high for about a minute. Even though they've been steeped, the mushrooms still contain a lot of goodies; you shred them in the blender so they'll be easy to drink with the tea.

The blender will make the tea a little foamy (yuk) so let it sit for a few minutes until the foam is gone. Don't skim out the foam, it too contains lots of goodies.

When the foam is gone, add sugar or honey to taste, add the lemon juice, and drink. The shredded mushrooms will settle, so stir it before drinking.

One more thing: if you're prone to nausea, get some papaya enzyme pills from a health food store and take a few with your tea.

Have fun!

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shroomshake [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #1843730 - 08/23/03 03:56 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I'm pretty sure you can't make tea with dried mushrooms though

Sure you can. When you toss dried mushrooms into hot water, they hydrate and steep just like fresh. Don't throw out the mushrooms when you're done, though... eat them. They'll still have lots of goodies in them.

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

OfflinejamboUK
A Fun Guy
Re: Shroomshake [Re: shakta]
    #1843743 - 08/23/03 04:02 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I just grind them up and mix them well into some OJ. It works great, no taste at all. I will never chomp shrooms down again. I always gag, and end up puking. Eating fresh ones is just as bad for me because of the texture.

That does actually sound a lot easier than tea, especially since there's no doubt as to whether or not the active ingredients have soaked out of the 'shrooms like I'd have with tea. Does it help nausea though? And does it really not affect the taste? That surprises me.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shroomshake [Re: jamboUK]
    #1843755 - 08/23/03 04:11 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I used to do the OJ thing. I worked out the above tea recipe one day and after trying it, I never looked back. Shrooms in OJ are disgusting. I used to love OJ, now I can't help but think about the taste of mushrooms every time I drink some.

Trust me, the tea may seem like a lot of trouble, but it only takes a few minutes and you'll thank me when you taste it. Don't forget the lemon!

Good luck.

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

OfflinejamboUK
A Fun Guy
Re: Shroomshake [Re: Diploid]
    #1843860 - 08/23/03 05:15 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I used to love OJ, now I can't help but think about the taste of mushrooms every time I drink some.

I think I know what you mean - I can't drink Pepsi at the moment without the aftertaste reminding me of Coke with some vodka in it, and I really don't like the taste of strong spirits.

Offlinebeam
Re: Shroomshake [Re: soochi]
    #1843942 - 08/23/03 06:24 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

soochi said:
there's been some debate on the consumption of dairy products and trippin' a lot of people (myself included) avoid dairy products since it can slow down or even dull the effects of mushrooms when eaten together, milk does coat the stomach so there probably is some truth behind those claims. I say try making tea, works great for me. I have somewhat of the same problem as you when it comes to trying to down shrooms.

Well you are absolutely right, i made my self a shake, tasted nice couldn't taste anything bad at all, but as you said it did slow down and there wern't many visuals at all suprisingly they were a bit different too only slightly compared to my normals, i expected this to come on fast and strong, time went very quickly yet all the physical affects felt stronger or as strong as normal.

Thanks for all the replies, there seems to be a lot of ways to make tea, personally the first few times i had shrooms i put them in a coffee plunger thing with boiling water, lemon tea, left them there for 10-15 minutes poored it into a mug and drank it discarding the rest and tripped alright, however i didn't have too many.

I feel sorry for a lot of you who have to eat a lot of shrooms(as the shrooms you have are a lot less potent than the ones i have).

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #1843984 - 08/23/03 06:50 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

There is absolutely no better way of avoiding the taste of shrooms better than grinding up the dried material and packing into gelcaps. Plus if you pack it really well they last for absolutely ages.

If you are like me and you hate that taste with a passion so much that even the suggestion of that taste in anything makes you feel bad, get some gelcaps and never look back.

Offlineganesh
stranger still
Loc: cloud seven
Re: Shroomshake [Re: utopianglory]
    #1844054 - 08/23/03 07:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not a huge fan of tea myself - i find it gives me more nausea - am i the only person in the world that finds this?? Also, i find the come on too fast and strong and the trip as long on tea - but it is fun every now and then i guess.

My fav is just putting the mushrooms with whatever I am cooking, usually pasta or a soup - and eat as normal....
The gel caps sound good.. will defo try them soon.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shroomshake [Re: ganesh]
    #1844066 - 08/23/03 07:28 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I get less nausea with tea than any other method.

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract