Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
paper money as currency?Inflation? stock HOW?? fake economy?
    #1843751 - 08/23/03 04:10 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Am I just crazy or does paper money not make sense? HOw can you say paper is worth so much in gold and other metals? Where is this conversion factor. WE only supposedly have 100 billion in gold and yet we spend 450 billion on the war. How do we determine how much paper money to put out? See to me this shows how our currency is fake. Is this why when there will be a depression, paper money is useless? hey how about inflation, anyone get that either. when things are going good, they decide they can raise the price of things. what??????????????????????????
What about the stock market? is that NOT GAMBLING??? you pick a company and buy a share which is the same as placing a bet. then you see how the company does and buy or sell accordingly. this is gambling. not only that but this allows the big businesses to get even bigger. anyone else want to shed some light?

what makes me wonder the most is that I have been alive for 21 years and have never really been taught this stuff. this is important IMHO.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
Re: paper money as currency?Inflation? stock HOW?? fake economy? [Re: kaiowas]
    #1843763 - 08/23/03 04:15 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: paper money as currency?Inflation? stock HOW?? fake economy? [Re: Autonomous]
    #1843768 - 08/23/03 04:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

adobe acrobat to the rescue :smile:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Anonymous

#1843809 - 08/23/03 04:43 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

let's say a buddy of yours says, "hey man... i got this wicked good hookup... just a temporary thing though... i can get a QP of some nice buds for just $500. trouble is, i don't have $500. i only have $250. if you wanna put in the other $250, after i'm done selling it all off i'll give you 40% of the profit. i should be able to get $1200 for all of it pretty easy".

now... if you go in on this, there is an element of risk. your friend could get arrested or robbed... he might not be able to sell it all... he might just get really, really, really stoned.... leaving you out $250. on the other hand, you could make some money just for letting him borrow $250 and investing in his little ganja venture...

it's not gambling man, it's business.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: paper money as currency?Inflation? stock HOW?? fake economy? [Re: ]
    #1843812 - 08/23/03 04:45 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

to take a risk for profit is the heart and essence of gambling

--------------------

Anonymous

#1843821 - 08/23/03 04:50 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

is possible profit of some sort not the motive for all risk taking?

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: paper money as currency?Inflation? stock HOW?? fake econ [Re: ]
    #1844968 - 08/24/03 05:19 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

There's nothing necessarily wrong with money in a global economy which recognizes the vailidity of it.  All money is, essentially, is credit for time served working for someone else.  :smile:

Oh, and the stock market is gambling.  It's Vegas for the upper class.  :wink:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineFileSoup
    #1845763 - 08/24/03 03:43 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"HOw can you say paper is worth so much in gold and other metals? Where is this conversion factor."

People used to be able to exchange their paper money for gold, but this was discontinued in the late 1800s(?) i believe. Once our currency got established there was no longer a need for the gold exchange.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: paper money as currency?Inflation? stock HOW?? fake economy? [Re: FileSoup]
    #1845837 - 08/24/03 04:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

A dollar now represents a piece of America, instead of precious metals.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#1845910 - 08/24/03 04:37 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

and now we have credit cards too. Spend money you DON'T have, with a 20% interest rate attached to it. let's see what else. oh yeah there are people now taking out $50,000-$100,000 out for a second mortgage in order to pay of the credit card debt they had, buy a new car or boat, and then spend the next 30 years trying to pay the sucker off. It's the new CRACK. What an endless spiral of stupidity.

also, the only use I see of the stock market is letting big businesses keep thier tight hold on everything. because they aren't making money off of items sold, oh no no. How much money they make is based on opinion. what a farse

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1845916 - 08/24/03 04:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
also, the only use I see of the stock market is letting big businesses keep thier tight hold on everything. because they aren't making money off of items sold, oh no no. How much money they make is based on opinion. what a farse

I like funny jokes. Good one!

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: paper money as currency?Inflation? stock HOW?? fake economy? [Re: shakta]
    #1847006 - 08/24/03 11:08 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

The abscence of a gold standard and the continued defecits and inflation we experience are my primary reasons for disagreeing with the tax cuts.

When money is backed by gold in the treasury and the government isnt allowed to defecit spend, tax cuts are great.

But when the government prints money it doesnt have and gives it disproportionately to the rich and special interests, thereby deflating all the currency in circulation (a tax which everyone pays), that is just plain and simple communism. The politburo is mismanaging our resources, and I think it sucks.

I dont understand why so many conservatives dont seem to grasp this.

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Re: paper money as currency?Inflation? stock HOW?? fake economy? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1847031 - 08/24/03 11:18 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
I dont understand why so many conservatives dont seem to grasp this.

A few do, but it seems to only matter to them when they are out of power. When they are in power, they will use all the tools that have been established by prior holders of office. Conservatives only conserve the status quo, their job is to give lip service to shrinking or holding back Leviathan while they are out of office, and to use its power while they are in office.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: paper money as currency?Inflation? stock HOW?? fake econ [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1847039 - 08/24/03 11:21 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

That is exactly why I'm not sure the governemnt should be in charge of coining money.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: paper money as currency?Inflation? stock HOW?? fake economy? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1847747 - 08/25/03 08:10 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
But when the government prints money it doesnt have and gives it disproportionately to the rich and special interests, thereby deflating all the currency in circulation (a tax which everyone pays), that is just plain and simple communism. The politburo is mismanaging our resources, and I think it sucks.

This statement is pure propoganda. The tax cuts were not disproportionate to the rich or special interests at all. Pretty much all Americans who actually pay taxes will receive a benefit from the cuts. Maybe you should actually find out what the cuts did before spouting off what you hear from the Dems.

I think the tax cuts were a great idea. They will help the economy. The problem I have is with other government spending. I understand the added costs of the war, but the administration is spending like crazy. I think we as Americans need to make it known that we are not happy with it. The tax cut is not the evil here, the gross spending is.

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

#1847751 - 08/25/03 08:18 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

In that paragraph, he was addressing MONETARY INFLATION, not tax cuts.

--------------------
-- Mark Twain

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: paper money as currency?Inflation? stock HOW?? fake economy? [Re: Autonomous]
    #1847764 - 08/25/03 08:30 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I thought he was tying it all together. Oh well.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #1849415 - 08/25/03 07:05 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

when the government prints money it doesn't have and gives it to the wealthiest people in America (as in the case of tax cuts) or gives that same money to special interests(like the military), the effect is the same. Everyone's currency is devalued and the only ones who benefit are members of select groups.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1849934 - 08/25/03 10:03 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

It worked like this: Long ago, gold and silver was the currency. This is how coins came about, they were pressed pieces of a certain metal, weighed out, and stamped.

Then people started putting their metals in banks. The banks gave them banknotes which they could redeem for the value written on it. Up until the fifties, I believe, it used to still be possible to redeem cash for gold at most banks. Eventually people just started trading the banknotes.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #1850214 - 08/25/03 11:33 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

this is something that i think was posted here when i found it... im reposting it in its entirety...

A Phone Call To The Fed
From Dan Benham ?1988-2002
d.benham@worldnet.att.net
9-8-2

The following is a conversation with Mr. Ron Supinski of the Public Information Department of the San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank. This is an account of that conversation.

CALLER - Mr. Supinski, does my country own the Federal Reserve System?

MR. SUPINSKI - We are an agency of the government.

CALLER - That's not my question. Is it owned by my country?

MR. SUPINSKI - It is an agency of the government created by congress.

CALLER - Is the Federal Reserve a Corporation?

MR. SUPINSKI - Yes

CALLER - Does my government own any of the stock in the Federal Reserve?

MR. SUPINSKI - No, it is owned by the member banks.

CALLER - Are the member banks private corporations?

MR. SUPINSKI - Yes

CALLER - Are Federal Reserve Notes backed by anything?

MR. SUPINSKI-Yes, by the assets of the Federal Reserve but, primarily by the power of congress to lay tax on the people.

CALLER - Did you say, by the power to collect taxes is what backs Federal Reserve Notes?

MR. SUPINSKI - Yes

CALLER - What are the total assets of the Federal Reserve?

MR. SUPINSKI - The San Francisco Bank has $36 Billion in assets.

CALLER - What are these assets composed of?

MR. SUPINSKI - Gold, the Federal Reserve Bank itself and government securities.

CALLER - What value does the Federal Reserve Bank carry gold per oz. on their books?

MR. SUPINSKI - I don't have that information but the San Francisco Bank has $1.6 billion in gold.

CALLER - Are you saying the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco has $1.6 billion in gold, the bank itself and the balance of the assets is government securities?

MR. SUPINSKI - Yes.

CALLER - Where does the Federal Reserve get Federal Reserve Notes from?

MR. SUPINSKI - They are authorized by the Treasury.

CALLER - How much does the Federal Reserve pay for a $10 Federal Reserve Note?

MR. SUPINSKI - Fifty to seventy cents.

CALLER - How much do they pay for a $100.00 Federal Reserve Note?

MR. SUPINSKI - The same fifty to seventy cents.

CALLER - To pay only fifty cents for a $100.00 is a tremendous gain, isn't it?

MR. SUPINSKI - Yes

CALLER - According to the US Treasury, the Federal Reserve pays $20.60 per 1,000 denomination or a little over two cents for a $100.00 bill, is that correct?

MR. SUPINSKI - That is probably close.

CALLER - Doesn't the Federal Reserve use the Federal Reserve Notes that cost about two cents each to purchase US Bonds from the government?

MR. SUPINSKI - Yes, but there is more to it than that.

CALLER - Basically, that is what happens?

MR. SUPINSKI - Yes, basically you are correct.

CALLER - How many Federal Reserve Notes are in circulation?

MR. SUPINSKI - $263 billion and we can only account for a small percentage.

CALLER - Where did they go?

MR. SUPINSKI - Peoples mattress, buried in their back yards and illegal drug money.

CALLER - Since the debt is payable in Federal Reserve Notes, how can the $4 trillion national debt be paid-off with the total Federal Reserve Notes in circulation?

MR. SUPINSKI - I don't know.

CALLER - If the Federal Government would collect every Federal Reserve Note in circulation would it be mathematically possible to pay the $4 trillion national debt?

MR. SUPINSKI - No

CALLER - Am I correct when I say, $1 deposited in a member bank $8 can be lent out through Fractional Reserve Policy?

MR. SUPINSKI - About $7.

CALLER - Correct me if I am wrong but, $7 of additional Federal Reserve Notes were never put in circulation. But, for lack of better words were "created out of thin air " in the form of credits and the two cents per denomination were not paid either. In other words, the Federal Reserve Notes were not physically printed but, in reality were created by a journal entry and lent at interest. Is that correct?

MR. SUPINSKI - Yes

CALLER - Is that the reason there are only $263 billion Federal Reserve Notes in circulation?

MR. SUPINSKI - That is part of the reason.

CALLER - Am I mistaking that when the Federal Reserve Act was passed (on Christmas Eve) in 1913, it transferred the power to coin and issue our nation's money and to regulate the value thereof from Congress to a Private corporation. And my country now borrows what should be our own money from the Federal Reserve (a private corporation) plus interest. Is that correct and the debt can never be paid off under the current money system of country?

MR. SUPINSKI - Basically, yes.

CALLER - I smell a rat, do you?

MR. SUPINSKI - I am sorry, I can't answer that, I work here.

CALLER - Has the Federal Reserve ever been independently audited?

MR. SUPINSKI - We are audited.

CALLER - Why is there a current House Resolution 1486 calling for a complete audit of the Federal Reserve by the GAO and why is the Federal Reserve resisting?

MR. SUPINSKI - I don't know.

CALLER - Does the Federal Reserve regulate the value of Federal Reserve Notes and interest rates?

MR. SUPINSKI - Yes

CALLER - Explain how the Federal Reserve System can be Constitutional if, only the Congress of the US, which comprises of the Senate and the House of representatives has the power to coin and issue our money supply and regulate the value thereof? [Article 1 Section 1 and Section 8] Nowhere, in the Constitution does it give Congress the power or authority to transfer any powers granted under the Constitution to a private corporation or, does it?

MR. SUPINSKI - I am not an expert on constitutional law. I can refer you to our legal department.

CALLER - I can tell you I have read the Constitution. It does NOT provide that any power granted can be transferred to a private corporation. Doesn't it specifically state, all other powers not granted are reserved to the States and to the citizens? Does that mean to a private corporation?

MR. SUPINSKI - I don't think so, but we were created by Congress.

CALLER - Would you agree it is our country and it should be our money as provided by our Constitution?

MR. SUPINSKI - I understand what you are saying.

CALLER - Why should we borrow our own money from a private consortium of bankers? Isn't this why we had a revolution, created a separate sovereign nation and a Bill of Rights?

MR. SUPINSKI - (Declined to answer).

CALLER - Has the Federal Reserve ever been declared constitutional by the Supreme Court?

MR. SUPINSKI - I believe there has been court cases on the matter.

CALLER - Have there been Supreme Court Cases?

MR. SUPINSKI - I think so, but I am not sure.

CALLER - Didn't the Supreme Court declare unanimously in A.L.A. Schechter Poultry Corp. vs. US and Carter vs. Carter Coal Co. the corporative-state arrangement an unconstitutional delegation of legislative power? ["The power conferred is the power to regulate. This is legislative delegation in its most obnoxious form; for it is not even delegation to an official or an official body, presumptively disinterested, but to private persons." Carter vs. Carter Coal Co...]

MR. SUPINSKI - I don't know, I can refer you to our legal department.

CALLER - Isn't the current money system a house of cards that must fall because, the debt can mathematically never be paid-off?

MR. SUPINSKI - It appears that way. I can tell you have been looking into this matter and are very knowledgeable. However, we do have a solution.

CALLER - What is the solution?

MR. SUPINSKI - The Debit Card.

CALLER - Do you mean under the EFT Act (Electronic Funds Transfer)? Isn't that very frightening, when one considers the capabilities of computers? It would provide the government and all it's agencies, including the Federal Reserve such information as: You went to the gas station @ 2:30 and bought $10.00 of unleaded gas @ $1.41 per gallon and then you went to the grocery store @ 2:58 and bought bread, lunch meat and milk for $12.32 and then went to the drug store @ 3:30 and bought cold medicine for $5.62. In other words, they would know where we go, when we went, how much we paid, how much the merchant paid and how much profit he made. Under the EFT they will literally know everything about us. Isn't that kind of scary?

MR. SUPINSKI - Yes, it makes you wonder.

CALLER - I smell a GIANT RAT that has overthrown my constitution. Aren't we paying tribute in the form of income taxes to a consortium of private bankers?

MR. SUPINSKI - I can't call it tribute, it is interest.

CALLER - Haven't all elected officials taken an oath of office to preserve and defend the Constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic? Isn't the Federal Reserve a domestic enemy?

MR. SUPINSKI - I can't say that.

CALLER - Our elected officials and members of the Federal Reserve are guilty of aiding and abetting the overthrowing of my Constitution and that is treason. Isn't the punishment of treason death?

MR. SUPINSKI - I believe so.

CALLER - Thank you for your time and information and if I may say so, I think you should take the necessary steps to protect you and your family and withdraw your money from the banks before the collapse, I am.

MR. SUPINSKI - It doesn't look good.

CALLER - May God have mercy on the souls who are behind this unconstitutional and criminal act called the Federal Reserve. When the ALMIGHTY MASS awakens to this giant hoax, they will not take it with a grain of salt. It has been a pleasure talking to you and I thank you for your time. I hope you will take my advice before it does collapse.

MR. SUPINSKI - Unfortunately, it does not look good.

CALLER - Have a good day and thanks for your time.

MR. SUPINSKI - Thanks for calling.

If the reader has any doubts to the validity of this conversation, call your nearest Federal Reserve Bank, YOU KNOW THE QUESTIONS TO ASK! You won't find them listed under the Federal Government. They are in the white pages, along with Federal Express, Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. (FDIC), and any other business. Find out for yourself if all this is true.

And then, go to your local law library and look up the case of Lewis vs. US, case #80-5905, 9th Circuit, June 24, 1982. It reads in part: "Examining the organization and function of the Federal Reserve Banks and applying the relevant factors, we conclude that the federal reserve are NOT federal instrumentality's . . but are independent and privately owned and controlled corporations - federal reserve banks are listed neither as "wholly-owned' government corporations [under 31 USC Section 846] nor as 'mixed ownership' corporations [under 31 USC Section 856] . . . 28 USC Sections 1346(b), 2671. '

Federal agency' is defined as: the executive departments, the military departments, independent establishments of the United States, and corporations acting primarily as instrumentality's of the United States, but does not include any contractors with the United States . . . There are no sharp criteria for determining whether an entity is a federal agency within the meaning of the Act, but the critical factor is the existence of the federal government control over the 'detailed physical performance' and 'day to day operations' of that entity.

Other factors courts have considered include whether the entity is an independent corporation . . . whether the government is involved in the entity's finances, . . . and whether the mission of the entity furthers the policy of the United States . . . Examining the organization and function of the Federal Reserve Banks, and applying the relevant factors, we conclude that the Reserve Banks are not federal instrumentalities ...

It is evident from the legislative history of the Federal Reserve Act that Congress did not intend to give the federal government direction over the daily operation of the Reserve Banks . . . The fact that the Federal Reserve Board regulates the Reserve Banks does not make them federal agencies under the Act . . . Unlike typical federal agencies, each bank is empowered to hire and fire employees at will. Bank employees do not participate in the Civil Service Retirement System. They are covered by worker's compensation insurance, purchased by the Bank, rather than the Federal Employees Compensation Act.

Employees traveling on Bank business are not subject to federal travel regulations and do not receive government employee discounts on lodging and services . . . Finally, the Banks are empowered to sue and be sued in their own name. 12 USC Section 341. They carry their own liability insurance and typically process and handle their own claims . . ." According to the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, "When the Federal Reserve was created, its stock was sold to the member banks." ("The Hats The Federal Reserve Wears," published by the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia).

The original Stockholders of the Federal Reserve Banks in 1913 were the Rockefeller's, JP Morgan, Rothschild's, Lazard Freres, Schoellkopf, Kuhn-Loeb, Warburgs, Lehman Brothers and Goldman Sachs. The MONEYCHANGERS wanted to be insured they had a monopoly over our money supply, so Congress passed into law Title 12, Section 284 of the United States Code. Section 284 specifically states, "NO STOCK ALLOWED TO THE US" *

Monopoly - "A privilege or peculiar advantage vested in one or more persons or companies, consisting in the exclusive right [or power] to carry on a particular business or trade, manufacture a particular article, or control the sale of the whole supply of a particular commodity, A form of market structure in which only a few firms dominate the total sales of a product or service.

'Monopoly,' as prohibited by Section 2 of the Sherman Antitrust Act, has two elements: possession of a monopoly power in relevant market and willful acquisition or maintenance of that power, as distinguished from growth or development as a consequence of a superior power, business acumen, or historical product. A monopoly condemned by the Sherman Act is the power to fix prices, or exclude competition, coupled with policies designed to use and preserve that power." (Black's Law Dictionary, 6th Edition) The Federal Reserve Act goes one step farther, "No Senator or Representative in Congress shall be a member of the Federal Reserve Board or an officer or director of a Federal Reserve Bank." They didn't want We The People to have any say in the operation of their monopoly through our elected officials.
___

Copyright Notice: All rights reserved re: common-law copyright of trade-name/trade-mark, DANIEL DOYLE BENHAM?-as well as any and all derivatives and variations in the spelling of said trade-name/trade-mark- Copyright? 1988 by Daniel Doyle Benham.

Record Owner: Daniel Doyle Benham, Autograph Common Law Copyright?

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag