Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSpiral Climber
Happy Farmer

Major sponsor mixed up varieties - anyone else confirm (or deny) my findings
    #18417736 - 06/14/13 07:31 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Hi,

I received prints from a major, reputed sponsor. Columbian Rust and Menace.

The Menace print I received was a bit light I think in color and the columbian RUST print was/is still definitely black/purplish. That seems odd.

I've got my first flush on both of them. The "menace" one prints RUST color without exceptions (actually even my perlite has been printed rust around this pp5 containers because they got a bit too mature) and the columbian rust are all black prints.

The "Menace" caps of fresh fruits have a light/pale/golden color.

The "Columbian" ones are way darker.

I think something got mixed up somewhere and it needed confirmation from other growers who would have received the same batch of mislabeled varieties. I'll have to regrow each print to confirm in case of I actually mixed up something. This will take a few months.

I hope I posted in the right section, if not please move it.

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Major sponsor mixed up varieties - anyone else confirm (or deny) my findings (moved) [Re: Spiral Climber]
    #18433847 - 06/17/13 08:32 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

This thread was moved from Shroomery Sponsors Forum.

Reason:
Wrong forum for discussing cultivation, regardless of the vendor.

Offlinem47
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Major sponsor mixed up varieties - anyone else confirm (or deny) my findings (moved) [Re: FooMan]
    #18433875 - 06/17/13 08:39 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I recently ordered from a vendor that had a reputation for sending out mislabeled spores. So when I placed my order I asked for 3 different varieties and said if any are not available, send me whats available. I'm too new to really care about a specific variety so I'm happy!
I got GT, Z, and AT.

But I guess you shall see in a couple months. Good luck :smile:

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Major sponsor mixed up varieties - anyone else confirm (or deny) my findings (moved) [Re: m47]
    #18434446 - 06/17/13 10:32 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I think something got mixed up somewhere and it needed confirmation from other growers who would have received the same batch of mislabeled varieties.

Cubes are cubes and don't always breed true.  'Strain' is more applicable to plants than fungi.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale