Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenesta
the Idiot
Loc: United Snakes
dunking and mycelium growth...
    #1843196 - 08/23/03 01:29 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

ok, my uncle's cousin's roomate's daughter was over the other day (she's hot, let me tell you!) and she was telling me about how she's trying to grow mushrooms over in her apartment in europe, one cake of GT and one of KS. i asked her how it was going, seeing as i'm an advocate of knowing at least a little something about drugs and this could only furthur my knowledge of the shady life of illicit drug abuse, and she said that she had 100% colonization on both cakes (verm/millet flour) and that due to improper handling the KS was a bit dehydrated. thats why a couple days before she left to come sleep over at my place she dunked the cake overnight in a jar, and put ice packs on the jar to keep it cold since the refrigerator was full.

she said that after she took it out it looked much better, and new primordia formed quickly, but even though the jar is kept at room temperature (definitely somewhere in the seventies) new mycelium was growing on it, into the verm on top (formerly on the bottom, the cake was flipped with verm on both sides now). i want to know if i can confidently tell her that this is normal and she doesn't have anything to worry about, but i'm not really completely sure that it is normal.

what should i tell her, or should i just make love to her and forget the whole thing, hoping things work out for the best?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: dunking and mycelium growth... [Re: nesta]
    #1843208 - 08/23/03 01:38 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

tell her not only is that normal but it's great it's forming more surface area to fruit off of, (the theory of casing and bulk) tell herif she double ended cased the cake that she can spray that top and bottom layer of verm every few days.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Offlinenesta
the Idiot
Re: dunking and mycelium growth... [Re: thisone]
    #1843218 - 08/23/03 01:41 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

does she need to spray it if she's got enough perlite and water in there?

if i remember correctly, thats what she said she's using to humidify it :wink:

Offlinenesta
the Idiot
    #1843220 - 08/23/03 01:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for the reply, btw

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

#1843222 - 08/23/03 01:44 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

not problem.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation