Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

WBS questions?
    #1843187 - 08/23/03 01:27 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

AFOAF has a whole bunch of leftover half pint jars after moving on to grain with quart jars. However, could these half pints still be used and if so would room still need to be left to shake or would they be birthed as cakes? The reason for his interest in this is for economical sake.
Also when the WBS is colonizing should it be entirely white like every piece caked in white or should there just be some mycelium on every piece?

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemushroomspoon
out of gas

Loc: in a jar of blue honey
Re: WBS questions? [Re: thisone]
    #1843281 - 08/23/03 02:08 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Id say just stick with the quart jars. you would still probably need room in the half pints to shake them and I am pretty sure birthin them as cakes wouldnt work to well due to the grains not being able to retain moisture as well without the all important casing layer.

--------------------
-----------
herbs are fun

InvisibleSubGen1us
 User Gallery

Re: WBS questions? [Re: mushroomspoon]
    #1843498 - 08/23/03 03:33 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i think if u wanted u could use the smaller jars(leave shaking space), but after working with grain for awile u will notice urself that ud be wanting to go bigger and store the other jars away or sell to a friend.
every piece of the grain should have mycelium on it.
i could help u a little more if u tell me how long it has been colonizing and when u shaked it and stuff.

--------------------

OfflineEkstaza
stranger thanmost
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: WBS questions? [Re: SubGen1us]
    #1843657 - 08/23/03 05:12 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I recently pondered this same question and decided to try it out with popcorn.

Leaving enough room to shake, I PCed 15 1/2 pint jars of popcorn and innoculated them.

My reasons were the same as yours with one exception. I thought that with less popcorn to colonize, the jars would colonize quicker.

Either they aren't any quicker or I didn't get the water content right because they are taking forever to colonize.

I think that by the time they are fully colonized it will have been two 1/2 weeks, which is a crazy amount of time for popcorn to colonize.

The point is that it will work, but that I haven't found any definate advantage beside still having a use for your old 1/2 pint jars.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: WBS questions? [Re: Ekstaza]
    #1848352 - 08/25/03 03:02 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

they have been colonizing for a week and a half. Every piece of birseed has some white on it but they are not all covered in white after the jars are shaken. ABout every 2-4 days they are shaken. So should they be spawned now or wait until every piece is covered in white?

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Offlineacidhead1279
Master Of AllThings Hip
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere on the other si...
Re: WBS questions? [Re: thisone]
    #1848364 - 08/25/03 03:05 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

first off stop shaking too much, and wait till its fully colonized. it doesnt HAVE to be, but its better and less risk of contams

--------------------
Farewell FRSE!  We had such good times together.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation