Home | Community | Message Board

Fairy Ring Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKafkaPie
Prawn Toast

casing: the time btwn harvesting and the next flush...
    #1842883 - 08/23/03 09:38 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I was just wonder what people do to prepare for the next flush with a casing..

a foaf I know... picks the top clean - trying to avoid any rot or contams... lays over a thin layer of casing mix (50/50)... mists gently and pop's it back into the terrarium... cuts back on the light till some sign of myco growth.. then uses a light on a timer...
he was thinking maybe, just to put back aluminum foil over the top.. like when he first prepared the substrate.. not sure about it yet.. was wondering what other folks do.... thanks..

--------------------
gris gris. mojo. voodoo. ya ya.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewicish1
Mr. Myco Moron

Loc: Shithole, USA
Re: casing: the time btwn harvesting and the next flush... [Re: KafkaPie]
    #1842922 - 08/23/03 10:28 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I just pick 'em off when thier ready and keep the casing damp! My casing, the flushes sort of run before the previous flush is over. As long as there is NO overlay, you shouldn't have to apply casing to anything but divots left when picking a shroom. I use a big "eye droper" to water mine, fuck that spraying shit. The myc of my strain seems to cover and eat any "small" aborts and other funky looking bumps left by the shrooms. But yes, definitely clean off aborts as soon as you notice them, thier good to eat as long as they don't rot. Once a casing starts to fruit, as long as the proper temps,RH, and other growth factors exist, it should keep fruiting with no help,"foil, darkness,cold shock, ect."

--------------------
How many times do I have to tell you, I was running through the woods and tripped on some mushrooms!!! Well, at least I'm not lying.:crazy:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation