Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Personality Disorders, Low self esteem.
    #1842649 - 08/23/03 02:27 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Do any of you believe you have these issues?

Do you have a hard time hanging on to new friends?

Are you worried or nervous when meeting new people?

Do you think you have low self esteem?

I think I may have a personality problem but i'm not really sure. I'll tell ya'll what's up.

I have a hard time hanging on to new friends and new relationships and making new friends, I can't figure out why. I am abrasive, outspoken, I don't keep anything in, but I don't hurt peoples feelings.. my old school friends stick with me and understand me but it seems like new people just lose interest, or maybe i'm just paranoid? I doubt it's paranoia. I have ADHD and am currently on Focalin (same family as ritalin), I also have a problem with being to agressive and get upset at people easily, or annoyed and irratated way to easily, I'm on Depakote for that which is a mood stabilizer. Both the meds seem to be working fine, so I don't know what other options I have? I don't think I have low self esteem, I gererally like myself but at the same time I want others to like me and want to be around me as well. Most of my old friends don't live in the same city as I do so we don't kick it a lot, I live in a one bedroom apartment just because I couldn't find any roomates. It gets lonely. It just seems like people used to like me and want to be friends with me, but now that's not the case.

Now it's getting so bad where i'm kind of paranoid about it, and nervous when meeting new people out of fear they won't like me. I had a girlfriend, but I guess I was to controlling or something? She loved me in the beginning, I mean really liked me a lot, but the longer things progressed the less and less she liked me and then broke up with me. It lasted 5 months. I don't know what's up and it's really starting to control me and make me bummed out. I'm also in College, I work in resturants and have bartended and served and have had a lot of bullshit go down with that. I've been fired twice now in the last 8-9 months. They both were total bullshit and I know that, I got fucked and everyone agrees, but it's not helping my situation. I'm not depressed, but i'm starting to feel a lot of self doubt and can't figure why people lose interest in me. Trying to find a job and being unemployed is miserable too, especially with not a lot of people to hang out with and no girlfriend or sex anymore.

I really try to be cool, nice, fun, funny.. outgoing.. I think I am and the people that know me well think I am.. but wtf?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Personality Disorders, Low self esteem. [Re: Snobrdr311]
    #1844137 - 08/23/03 10:15 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I was wonderind a few things about your medical history. I'm in my 6th year at UF studing for Ph.D. in psychlogy. How long have you been on Focalin? Most people are winged off of it at a much younger age and you stated you are a college student. Aggressiveness and parinoia are some side effects of Focalin. Did the psychotherpist or who ever prescribed this to you explain all of this to you? I question the motives of anyone who will give another drug (depakote) to combat the effects of another. It is easier to write a prescription than to actually find out what is really the problem. Also knowing your age would help me help you more. Anwser these questions and I will have a better understanding of the situation. You can PM me if you feel more comfortable that way. Good luck>

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Edited by jtryptamine (08/23/03 10:22 PM)

OfflineLaxy

Re: Personality Disorders, Low self esteem. [Re: John]
    #1844266 - 08/23/03 11:19 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Your problem may be is that you spend too much effort in getting people to like you. The thing is, you can't make someone like you. You can appeal to them in certain ways to get them to like you, but if you are just going around kissing ass, than that's the problem right there. just be yourself man, don't worry about what others think. I've always said, self-confidence is releasing all paranoia. Even though you may be convincing yourself that you aren't paranoid, you very well may be.

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Personality Disorders, Low self esteem. [Re: Laxy]
    #1847541 - 08/25/03 06:04 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Laxy said:
Your problem may be is that you spend too much effort in getting people to like you. The thing is, you can't make someone like you. You can appeal to them in certain ways to get them to like you, but if you are just going around kissing ass, than that's the problem right there. just be yourself man, don't worry about what others think. I've always said, self-confidence is releasing all paranoia. Even though you may be convincing yourself that you aren't paranoid, you very well may be.

I don't ever kiss anyones ass, never, and I never had this problem in the past. People always, (this never changed) like me initially.. I mean they like me a lot, then for some reason they lose interest in me. It hasn't always been this way, that's the issue here.

It's not like I go out and buy everyone presents to get them to be my friends or anything.

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Personality Disorders, Low self esteem. [Re: John]
    #1847560 - 08/25/03 06:16 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

jtryptamine said:
I was wonderind a few things about your medical history. I'm in my 6th year at UF studing for Ph.D. in psychlogy. How long have you been on Focalin? Most people are winged off of it at a much younger age and you stated you are a college student. Aggressiveness and parinoia are some side effects of Focalin. Did the psychotherpist or who ever prescribed this to you explain all of this to you? I question the motives of anyone who will give another drug (depakote) to combat the effects of another. It is easier to write a prescription than to actually find out what is really the problem. Also knowing your age would help me help you more. Anwser these questions and I will have a better understanding of the situation. You can PM me if you feel more comfortable that way. Good luck>

I'm 25. The depakote wasn't to combat the side effects of the other med, and they're not side effects it's a problem i've always had that doesn't really relate to this topic that much. But yes, it did get a tad worse when I started taking focalin. I also took adderall and noticed that side affect from it even more.. Focalin just works much better at combating the ADHD than the Adderall does. Anyway, with the moody easily annoyed thing the depakote is treating I mainly just lash out at my family with that, never usually at other people.

And yes, I agree.. Psychaitrists suck. They never take the time to get to know you or your problems, in fact, I don't think i've ever had an appointment with one last longer than 15 minutes. They ask you what's wrong, write you a script and get your ass outta there. I've probably seen like 10 differnt ones since I was 12 and they're all the same. I have a lot of resentment against those types of Physicians, do you really blame me though?

I may be making my conditions sound a lot worse in this post than they really are, they really aren't that bad. That isn't what this topic is all about and I don't believe it is directly related to the meds i'm taking or my conditions, which actually are treated well with the medication. It may be though and I might not be realising it. The only bad side effect the Focalin gives me is increased appitite and sometimes dry mouth. I can eat a huge meal, I mean like a big ass meal and then like 45 minutes later be hungry again! Weird shit.

Edited by Snobrdr311 (08/25/03 06:20 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: pH Test Strips

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being