Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
The Ramen Noodle Lover's Thread
    #1838846 - 08/21/03 08:47 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

This thread is dedicated to one of my all time favorite foods, packaged ramen noodles. They are extremely cheap, easy to prepare, delicious, and when im stoned at 2 AM, they are the yin to my yang. They hold infinite possibilities for different preparation methods, anything from soup, to salad, to chip like snack foods can be made. Im sure many others in this community share my love for this simple food product, so i decided to start a thread.

The way this works is each poster should include a recipe for preparing ramen noodles, ingredients you like to add, or just your favorite brands/flavors and hopefully there will be enough recipes/info to compile into a section of the cookbook. I'll start out with two favorites of mine.

Super Ramen- this varation of the simple soup adds a gourmet touch to the traditional prep method.
Ingredients:
2 Ramen Noodle Soup Packets (any flavor and brand will do)
4 Cups of water
1 tbsp miso
1 tbsp yeast (optional)
2 eggs
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 small onion sliced
1/2 lime, juiced (optional)
Any other ingredients you desire (some of my favorites include cilantro, hot sauce, squash, saurkraut, and various condiments/vegetables)

Bring water to a rolling boil, and add the noodles, eggs, onions and miso. Stir to break up the egg. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, until the noodles are slightly undercooked, but tender enough to chew. Turn the heat to low, and add the flavor packets, cheese, and any other ingredients you desire. Serve immediately, with hot sauce on the side.
Enjoy!

Ramen Chips- This simple recipe is for when your craving that delicious ramen flavor but dont have the time to prepare the soup. You just crush the noodles up in their packaging (just bang on them with your fist until it feels like the noodles are well broken up). Then open up only the end of the package, take out the flavor packet, and sprinkle it into the bag. Close the bag, and shake to evenly distribute flavoring. Serve like a bag of chips  :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDozer
THE
Loc: Georgia
Re: The Ramen Noodle Lover's Thread [Re: Remy]
    #1839079 - 08/21/03 10:02 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I was once a BIG fan of Cheddar Cheese Ramen (actually, I believe they are the knock off, Marchuan brand) with a pinch of pepper a squirt of lime juice and tobasco sauce/crushed red pepper. Perhaps using milk instead of water would make this stuff even better.

I recently stopped eating Ramen completely for a couple of years. I was a pennyless college student when it all began (weren't we all?), but once I discovered how fucking cheap those noodles were, I was in heaven.
Then I left college and tried them again after a few months of recouperation, and I couldn't stand them.
Recently, however, a bought a new kind call "chili chicken," I believe. It wan't bad. Now that I'm a semi-pennyless college student again, I may occasionally feast upon some noodles.

They are SOOOOOOO unhealty though.
And I'm somewhat of a health-concious person now.

Peace.

--------------------
"The world is all pavement, my heart is a Dozer" --TheDozer

Offlinedibbles
Just a normalguy with nothingto lose.

Loc: Exactly where you'd never...
Re: The Ramen Noodle Lover's Thread [Re: Dozer]
    #1839105 - 08/21/03 10:13 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I like the ramen in the bag, not that fucking styrofoam cup, i like simple ramen soup, my favorite way of preperation, is add less water than it says to, (i think 2 cups a bag) so use 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 so that its super strong flavor, kinda salty but great, and just goto town with a pepper shaker, and boom, happy camper dibbles with a nice bowl of ramen, sometimes double the dose, 2 bags, thats like a whole meal, spoon the soup slowly into your mouth, and than when its gone eat the noodles, ahh the art and process of ramen, gonna go make some now...

--------------------
You've succumb to an empty fate, your false prophets are gone, your life,meaningless, your heart and head broken, and we're all laughing.

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

#1839133 - 08/21/03 10:24 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

They are SOOOOOOO unhealty though.
And I'm somewhat of a health-concious person now.

Yea, lately ive been getting premium brands such as Sapporo, which is made with much better ingredients. (health food stores sell several decent brands as well). You can make an extremely healthy soup my just adding things like yeast, broccoli, vegetables, and of course mushrooms.

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1839266 - 08/21/03 11:39 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I like to add shrimp to chicken flavored ramen.  I grew up in hawaii, where half the population subsists on raw ramen (just crush it up in the bag, open, pour in flavor packet, shake) and spam (usually wrapped in nori with egg and rice).  damn you military, before you stinkers came we ate fish and taro and all kinds of really good food... this is "progress". :frown:

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: The Ramen Noodle Lover's Thread [Re: Malachi]
    #1839287 - 08/21/03 11:50 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i like chicken and roast beef flavor!
I like the RAMEN brand, i dont like the top ramen brand.

OfflineDozer
THE
Re: The Ramen Noodle Lover's Thread [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #1840119 - 08/22/03 09:52 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I'll have to check that out!

If you have a package handy, what are the nutrition facts like (ie- fat, Sat. Fat, chol., sodium, etc.)
And how much are they?

Peace.

--------------------

Invisiblewingnutx

#1840947 - 08/22/03 02:03 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Nobody's forcing you to eat spam.

If you're lucky someone will toss you an MRE.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#1840948 - 08/22/03 02:03 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I'm a health nut sorta!
drinking green tea right now :laugh:
I got a few secrets i use in my diet from eastern medicine, i'll hook you up with em if your interested just pm me :smile:
Here's the in nutrition facts (roast beef flavor)
total fat 8g-12%
saturated fat 4g-20%
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 780mg-33%
Total carbohydrate 25g-8%
Dieatary fiber 1g-1%
Protein 4g
Iron 6%

Why do think ramen is so unhealthy? please share...

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Re: The Ramen Noodle Lover's Thread [Re: wingnutx]
    #1841534 - 08/22/03 05:18 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

right, I didn't say anyone was forcing me to do anything. what's an MRE?

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #1841809 - 08/22/03 07:07 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

yes, spam is the food in Hawaii. I lived on the northern shore of Oahu, near Kahuku - where you from man?

peace :smile: 

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Invisiblewingnutx

#1841916 - 08/22/03 07:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Meal Ready to Eat, comes in a big plastic envelope. Grunt food.

Most of them are pretty good.

I found a can of Smoked Spam in some wreckage on Guam after a typhoon. It was tough to open since the key was missing, but tasted delicious.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: The Ramen Noodle Lover's Thread [Re: wingnutx]
    #1842336 - 08/22/03 09:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I am a big fan of ramen and am blown away by how long it will keep you on your feet. the price is great too.
i always add a half teaspoon of "sriracha" sauce [a.k.a. rooster sauce]. it's good on almost anything, and ramen is good almost any time.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineDozer
THE
Re: The Ramen Noodle Lover's Thread [Re: canid]
    #1842644 - 08/23/03 12:20 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Rooster sauce is AMAZING! It's made for asian food, I suppose, but it really is great on anything from steak to mac and cheese.

My older brother informed me that Ramen was actually deep fried noodles that were freeze dried. So therefore, when you heat them up with some warm water they become rejuvinated, so to speak. Like space food... kind of. If they contained no fat/sat fat, they would be healthy for you. But since there are so many fat grams (and sodium, for fucks sake!), in combination with those carbs, they are probably one of the most unhealthy things that you can eat, next to a Whopper of course.

I'm not really interested in diets as of the moment though, but thank you nonetheless. The only thing I really watch out for on a regular basis is fat, Sat fat, and hydrogenated oils. Those things will kill you ya know?

Peace.

--------------------

Offlinejomama
Loc: pasadena, ca
    #1842776 - 08/23/03 02:22 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Well...if what you mean by rooster sauce is cock sauce, then we're on the same page. Cock sauce owns. But you guys gotta check out Nongshim Shin Ramen, its Korean, and its sooo bomb. Spicy as fuck, but super delicious, cook the noodles so that theyre kinda chewy, not all soft. I love it and tried to spread the love but was accussed of giving people the shits. Well yes, Look for it.

heres a link for the first place I found on google...
http://www.ikoreaplaza.com/ikp/index.asp?page=product.asp&dept_id=7010&sku=KPSM01RR005

gotta learn how to add pics to this thing.

--------------------

Edited by jomama (08/23/03 02:24 AM)

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

#1844458 - 08/23/03 10:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If you replace the flavor packs with miso, then they become much quite healthy.

OfflineboO
Female User Gallery

#1844957 - 08/24/03 05:03 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

ahh ramen :smile:

i like to spruce my ramen up a bit with the following:

if you have any leftover roast chicken or beef, strip them into tiny bits
chicken or beef flavoured ramen noodles
bok choy or any other type of cabbage shredded
carrots diced
salt
pepper

boil some water in a pot. add cabbage and carrots and cook till they're tender. add some salt and pepper...very small amount. now throw in your noodles with the flavour packet. once the noodles are finished throw in some beef and chicken to it. voila!

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Re: The Ramen Noodle Lover's Thread [Re: Xochitl]
    #1850004 - 08/25/03 10:28 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Xochitl said:
yes, spam is the food in Hawaii. I lived on the northern shore of Oahu, near Kahuku - where you from man?

peace :smile:   

sweet, you're the first hawaiian I've met on the shroomery!
I grew up on the west side of the big island, in Kamuela/ Waimea, but I've also lived in Ookala and Hilo at various times.  yay for spam!  yay for hawai'i!

--------------------
- Paul Tillich

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
    #1854204 - 08/27/03 08:27 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

When I make ramen I generally ignore the broth.  I drop the brick in boiling water, and when it's gotten cooked enough to break apart, but still a bit al dente, I dump out most of the water and add some of the flavoring packet.  :smile:

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: The Ramen Noodle Lover's Thread [Re: Sev]
    #1854428 - 08/27/03 10:36 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I know some might think its sick but I used to strain out the noodles and just drink the straight broth. Then eat the noodle with saltine crackers or something.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale