Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
captain's log
    #1842510 - 08/23/03 12:58 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I've been getting High alot for the past few days, just finished summer school semester and only about a week till fall semester starts, so I'm just sorta unwinding everything it feels like.

After a year of letting my bedroom get really cluttered, I cleaned everything out, removed some furniture that was taking up sapce, got rid of my bedstand and now just have a mattress on the floor. I feel alot more organized so to speak... I suppose the room thing is sort fo a reflection of what my state of mind lately.

I've been silencing cluttered messes of thought that seem to trail off into nowheres... I feel alot more down to earth with myself, just flowing. I'm thinking about my career, but I'm also keeping in mind that money will always be one aspect of life amidist many others, that all need to be respected.

it seems every real moment I get alone with myself to really think about whatever, everything just seems as confusing and mysterious and unanswerable as it's always been. I dunno, maybe I like it that way.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: captain's log [Re: Grav]
    #1842538 - 08/23/03 01:13 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Confusing, mysterious, and unanswerable is the way it will probably always be.  My room is messy with change everywhere, kinda like my head, sparatic and chaotic. I need to clear my head, hey I have an idea... :smile:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: captain's log [Re: kaiowas]
    #1842673 - 08/23/03 02:46 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

yeah I'm in flux too.. trying to decide if I should go to school this semester or not... I'm going to try to get a warehouse job with amazon.. if I do, fuck school, I need to get my head cleared out and figure out what I want to do with my life (I'm still undeclared... I'm only 19, but this is my 3rd year going to the uni).

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: captain's log [Re: Malachi]
    #1842831 - 08/23/03 07:19 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I like the idea of the whole room thing. Keeping your room or your house clean is a very important thing; your living quarters seem to relfect your state of mind and the other way around.

Feng shui is great. I never got into the mystical, traditional Chinese shit about why it works and all that, I just had a book (Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life) that was basically how to apply it without needing to know why it works, just that it works.

Before I ever got involved with anything spiritual or anything, or actively seeking my life, I only knew that my life sucked and I was headed nowhere. I ripped off a lot of books from a book club through the mail, and the feng shui book was one of them.

I think why it works so much is because it brings you to think about what is really going on in your life, what you like, what you don't like, and where you want to be.. and then through representation in your home, you use intention to bring about change. Certain items are given certain purposes (I am comfortable meeting new people, or I have a sucessful and fufilling career), and whether or not the item actually does the trick, it is the thoughts that are in your mind that bring about the change.

It definitely worked for me. It started a road to self-awareness and a good kick-start into my life.

It is really hard to explain, as I am not a feng shui consultant, but it is definitely worth checking out. I recommend that book I said earlier, as it is really easy to read and it is basically all you need. Fuck, if you don't even want to do that, just keep your house and your room clean. That's a start. hehe
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: captain's log [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1842907 - 08/23/03 10:13 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I think the clean room thing feels good because it has no higher meaning at all... It's just something you did to feel more relaxed and uncluttered. A very humble and down-to-earth reason that I think puts you a little more in tune with your 'here & now' - 'lets deal with what's right in front of our face instead of worrying about far away and the future'

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #1843074 - 08/23/03 12:15 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Grav said:
I think the clean room thing feels good because it has no higher meaning at all... It's just something you did to feel more relaxed and uncluttered. A very humble and down-to-earth reason that I think puts you a little more in tune with your 'here & now' - 'lets deal with what's right in front of our face instead of worrying about far away and the future'

Exactly. I mean, most everyone feels better when they are in a clean room, anyways. Half of what makes our experience is environment. Our environment obviously has some sort of effect on the way we feel, etc. You are going to have quite a different trip if you are in a room with a black light and all sorts of vividly colored posters than you will in the woods or in a hospital.

Back when I was in the United States, I stayed a lot at my friend's house (we worked together, he was my best friend, and all of us basically hung out there). It was just a small trailer down in the trailer court. His dad lived there, too, and he technically owned the house. He would basically come home after he got done at the bar after work, get something to eat and watch a movie or something, and then go to sleep.

He usually didn't mind anyone being there, no kids smoking marijuana, drinking beer, or playing guitar. He only asked that he had his chair and the T.V. when he wanted it, and that we weren't completely loud when he was asleep. Anyways, the house would basically get trashed after a week or two. I always noticed that he would start getting pissed at everyone being there, "this is my fucking house", etc. My friend would never fucking clean the house, and it just built up.

I always ended up cleaning the shit up. The house looked nice, it felt better to be there, there was no fucking beer cans and trash covering the floor. His dad would always just end up being nicer, never being in a pissed off mood. Of course, no one would just clean up after themselves, and two weeks later...

Anyways, the environment that you are in definitely effects everyone's moods, and the fucking mess is a lot easier to keep cleaned up if it isn't allowed to continously be built up... hehe
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1843993 - 08/23/03 08:55 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

once you trigger some initial internal confusion, Grav, it is there to stay :wink:

Not all of it of course..... naturally you'll resolve some of these things but in my opinion, the more a thinker things, the more they realize how much more there is to think, which can cause mass confusion :smile:

Glad to hear you're straightening out some things man :laugh:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology