Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
insane visionary

Loc: the center of a xenon ato...
R.A.W., cosmic trigger, manifestations, all that jive.
    #1841194 - 08/22/03 05:25 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Right now I'm reading Cosmic Trigger (just to give you an idea of my mindset) and today I picked up a book on hare krsna. I started picking around at random and eventually came across this.

The Vedas, scriptures containing the timeless spiritual knowledge of ancient India, state that such an awakening process is desperately needed because everyone in this material world is in a sleeping, dreamlike condition. We have forgotten our origional, spiritual identity, accepting instead a temporary material body composed of physical elements as our real self. The Vedas compare the material body to the subtle forms we experience in dreams.

When I read this it really hit me. It reminds me of the way I felt once when I was tripping on too many mushrooms. I felt torn between burgeoning spirituality and hedonism, and I felt like that bad trip was a bad mix of those drives. I felt like an anenome, rooted still and trying to catch things that pass by. It felt evil though, like temptation, and there was a HedPE song repeating in my head (my then roommate listened to them, it goes 'don't give a fuck, never did never will' over and over) I would become temporarily terrified, and then hysterically, insanely giddy and sing that song, then terrified again.

Back to my present mindset, I've been reading Robert Anton Wilson (halfway through cosmic trigger,) and he's saying that all miracles and UFOs (and just about whatever else you can't explain) are projections from an higher/alien/supernatural intellegence. And that Human beings are equipped to be in tune w/ this intelligence, that some hallucinogens bring a person closer to this. I feel like my bad trip was about being trapped in my corporeal existence and neurological circuits 4-8 not being happy about it. Does anybody else see this type of connection?

Wilson kept talking about having experienced manifestations himself, and that crowley and (presumably) lots of others have been able to invoke these manifestations through devotion, chanting, visualization, and basically saturating one's brain with a diety or demon or spirit or leprochaun or whatever. But that these manifestations are all projections of one higher intelligence. Now I want to try to invoke a manifestation for myself, and was wondering if anybody could recomend a good one. I'm leaning toward the BVM myself.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: R.A.W., cosmic trigger, manifestations, all that jive. [Re: Fcuerkt]
    #1844255 - 08/23/03 11:15 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I think that it's different for everyone... the best thing you could do is to quiet your mind as much as possible and just become open to whatever will help you grow the most. I think that whatever you need to experience will then be experienced.

Good luck.  :smile:

:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology