Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Phish, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
need advice w/ tripping
    #1840214 - 08/22/03 12:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

im not sure if this should be in general questions, or the help forum, or this one, but i put it here (obviously). heres my situation.

i've only tripped 2 times. the first time was a chocolate bar from a phish show, and it was great. i never felt that good in my entire life and couldnt wait to do it again. my dog then decided to grow them as a hobby. i ate his first flush ever (alone) and gont extrememly sad and lonely, and had a bad trip. it fucking sucked assshit.... i cant even explain it. my fault though, i shouldnt have tripped alone. as far as i can remember what probably set it off was RIGHT after i took them a family member started bitching at me which put me in a bad mood. great timing right?

anyway, i really want to trip again, but i now kind of have this fear of doing so. i know that if i tell myself ill be ok, ill be ok. this time it willl be with some friends as well (and ive never tripped with other people that were tripping) so it should be good. its just this anxiety feeling towards the topic. im also kinda worried about what things will be like when i come out of it. i dont remember if its different or the same.

if anybody has some pointers that could help me out please do so.

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFlowGnome
The artistformerly knownas Boobs McFeely

Re: need advice w/ tripping [Re: Edge]
    #1840445 - 08/22/03 01:26 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Take a small amount and get in a cheerful environment to get over your fear. Don't go for a full blown trip if you're afraid of it.

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: need advice w/ tripping [Re: FlowGnome]
    #1840586 - 08/22/03 02:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yeah, if your afraid of having a bad trip, you will probably have one if your nervous about it at the time of eating them.

My suggestion? take them and if you start to have a bad trip just tell yourself that this is the last time your doing them

I was tripping one time and I was having a particularly bad trip and I was thinking about how this isnt me, I dont do drugs and shit and I get getting all down and I just alright.... this is the last time Im doing mushrooms / drugs and it made me feel a lot better, I had a good trip and I did it again ;P

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

Anonymous

Re: need advice w/ tripping [Re: aguynameddan]
    #1840899 - 08/22/03 03:46 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

if you're worried about having a bad trip try smokin some pot before you dose.  it helped me relax the first time i ate and i had a pretty decent trip.  best thing to do is think of it in a positive light.  think of all hte good/interesting things that could happen instead of worrying about having a bad trip. if you're only gonna eat a couple grams just remember its all in your head  :eek:

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: need advice w/ tripping [Re: ]
    #1840953 - 08/22/03 04:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Try educating yourself about them, that may help you to feel more confident about taking them. Try not to think about Chinese orphanages while your tripping, that could make you sad too.

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1841058 - 08/22/03 04:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

How long has it been since you had the bad trip? Take all the time you feel necessary to get your head straight before dosing again.

One thing you've got to come to terms with eventually if you're going to get any deep into tripping:

As with life, tripping is extreme bliss coupled with total anguish. You're going to have to just deal with the anguish at parts. But if you keep it together you can be a much better person afterwards. Also remember it's not always a good or bad trip... I've had both in the same trip before.

--------------------

Offlinelateralus
Re: need advice w/ tripping [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #1842516 - 08/23/03 12:59 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Everyone elses advise is good. But mine personally is: do a smaller/smallish dose to get back into it. You may surprise yourself.

Fear is a big part of the psychadelic path(to me at least) It will teach you respect for the mushroom, and respect is definately integral. Fear will be there no matter how much you do it.

Edited by lateralus (08/23/03 01:01 AM)

OfflineRavinoff
LethargicSnorting Duck

Re: need advice w/ tripping [Re: lateralus]
    #1842602 - 08/23/03 01:51 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Uhhh, I disagree with you entirely....

fear never was and will never EVER be there for me, because i KNOW that what kind of trip I have is SOLELY dependant on me

I also never have had nor ever will have a bad trip.. 'cause it's up to you and the sooner you realize this, the better

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Re: need advice w/ tripping [Re: Ravinoff]
    #1842641 - 08/23/03 02:17 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yeah im only going to dose a gram or so, just to get back on my feet. i've read up a lot about shrooms, so my knowledge is fairly decent. i think the only rough spot i would have, if any is that euphoric come up. if im nervous then ill probably start flipping out. however, ill be in good surroundings and with people that i spend most of my time with. it will also be my first time tripping wihle others arre tripping, i hear this is better in some cases.

convincing myself ill be cool...

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

Anonymous

#1842655 - 08/23/03 02:30 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

euphoric

adj : exaggerated feeling of well-being or elation

i dont think its too euphoric if it makes you flip out. honestly, just stop thinking about it. it seems as though you've gotten yourself worked up about this. just enjoy the trip for what it is. At a gram you should be able to keep a pretty firm grasp on reality so if you start thinking negative thoughts find something to distract you. anyways, i wish you the best for your trip, i hope its a good one.

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Re: need advice w/ tripping [Re: ]
    #1842702 - 08/23/03 03:02 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

thanks iamhimheisme.  i tend to do that to myself.  just meditated.  ill be good.  and thank you to everybody else too.  14 hrs, and counting down :grin:

--------------------

--Turkish of Snatch

Offlinemarcosbj
Harmony, theequilibrium

Loc: Brazil
    #1843600 - 08/23/03 04:28 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

this fear of yours might even help you, by not letting you go to places where you shouldn?t go at this time.....

there?s no way to stop thinking about it.....I know because I get anxious everytime I do something intense as mushrooms or even ayahusca. So, as said, Cannabis might be a shot. The Passion flour is also a great "relaxer" *(just don?t take too much - it?s also a IMAO)

listen to calm music, be in a calm environment with calm people...turn off phone and mobile before hand....try breathing pure fresh air....

if you belive in any sort of god, ask for help and light. It sure helps a lot, if you mean it.

--------------------
www.cogumelosmagicos.org

The Magic Mushrooms in Portuguese.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1843953 - 08/23/03 08:35 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

"i really want to trip again, but i now kind of have this fear of doing so."

Ahhhh a sign of a normal, powerful trip :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: need advice w/ tripping [Re: Strumpling]
    #1844177 - 08/23/03 10:39 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I personally always feel just a little fear when I dose. I respect powerful drugs, be they salvia, ayahuasca, or shrooms.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

OfflineGus
Back in town.

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Re: need advice w/ tripping [Re: Sev]
    #1844231 - 08/23/03 11:02 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

A good advice I can give you is after a bad trip, just take a lower dose to feel more confident about the trip
Ive had the worst bad trip I couldnt even imagine before having it, and only 1 week later, Ive done a light dose and it was just fine !

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Re: need advice w/ tripping [Re: Gus]
    #1845193 - 08/24/03 01:00 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

and thats exactly what i did Gus!!  i took a little over a gram last night ( i learned to respect the shroom the hard way last trip...), a mixture of tasmanias and mazatapecs.  all i have to say is HOLY SHIT.  my friends and i had an AMAZING time.  basically i said "fuck it" ate the shrooms and went for a walk with them until they kicked in.  it kinda kept my mind off of the "bad trip" paranoia. 

small and hopefully short trip report:

after the walk we began to feel the come on.  i felt like doing something so i said "hey, basketball!" and we played basketball like mad... hyper and happy as hell.  we then gave up because we knew that we would be burned out after that.  the peak began to hit us as we went into the back yard that was fenced in.  it seemed like some sort of playground.  we got some music (happy hardcore... just cus its happy haha)  and started dancing under the most BEAUTIFUL clear night sky, no moon, just stars... not a single cloud. im not a raver or anything, i dont even know how to dance, but it felt GREAT.  then we let my friend's dogs out back with us and they were nuts... they knew we were shrooming and they felt the good vibe (if any of you have encountered pets on shrooms you know what i mean).  they just ran around and around and around.  i chased them for a while until i decided to put my hands in the pool.

whoa.

swimming was then a must.  i was in the pool with my friends for about a minute until we got cold as hell...  wait what should we do? we like the water but its coooollllddd.  i know! lets go in the spa!

whoaaaaaaa.....

we floated around in the spa looking at the night sky for a good 45 minutes.  it felt and looked amazing.  im not sure if any of you have taken mazatapecs before, but they're moreso a visual traily trip.  i cant even begin to explain what the stars looked like.  there were little lines connecting each star to another one, like a huge web.

and then there was mars...  hollly shit mars...

mars looked incredible... its beyond what words could describe.  it was... i dunno.  it just was....  so after this we got out of the spa, even though we didnt really want to (we didnt want to waste the whole peak in the spa) and went up to a decent sized field with wheat growing in it thats across the street.  we just walked out into the middle of it talking about whatever and stood there for a while.  then, for another "adventure" walk.

we proceeded to walk back to the driveway where the last and final peak wave crashed, and we all felt it at the same time... the comedown had begun.  however, we were still shrooming off those mazatapecs for another good 3 hours.  i noticed that tasmania's are really easy on the brain, they're a great mellow trip with an easy comedown.  the mazatapecs tend to last (feel) about 2-3 hours longer with a little bit harsher of a comedown but its still an easy one. 

anyways, still tripping on the mazatapecs (mostly it seemed, it was more of a visual/spiritual trip now) i decided to talk a walk over to the wheat field again, walked through the treeline into another field, and for the first time on shrooms, i saw the moon.  it wasnt out earlier in the night and now it was just above the trees.  there was only a sliver of it lit, however you could still see the rest of it quite clearly, it was just darker.  it looked incredible.  i sat there in the field and began to meditate as i usually do in that spot... and my mind took me to a place where i've never been.  i wasn't in a field, i wasn't anywhere.  i was just in existence with everything in perfect balace, as i normally feel when meditating, but to an incredibly greater magnitude.  i recieved that bouyant feeling (some of you may know what i mean) but it was 10 times stronger than ever.  i opened my eyes and everything was pure energy, except the moon.  for the first time in this life  i saw the world in its purest essesnce.  i didnt know how long i was up in the field, but i decided i should go to my friends back at the house.  when i stood up i was extremely bouyant and felt very light.  i didnt hold that feeling however, i didnt have the attention span to do it as i returned to the house.  we all then went to the driveway, smoked a ciggarette, went inside, played some mario kart 64, and went passed out in a bed.

woke up and felt GRRRREEEAT!!

what was learned:

how to have a good trip (finally!!!!)
mazatapecs are AMAZING
tasmanias are AMAZING, but short
and other things that will always only make sense to me...

mazatapecs and tasmanias.... i highly, HIGHLY suggest this mixture.  i can't stress it further.  i wish my dog could grow enough to give to all of you guys so you can all experience it.  the combination of each of these properties are mindblowing....  definately increasing the dosage of this combination next time.  happy shrooming :smile:
--Edge--

--------------------

--Turkish of Snatch

Edited by Edge (08/24/03 01:12 PM)

Anonymous

#1845262 - 08/24/03 01:41 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

how do you know which strain you were experience?  my guess would be that they just kind of combined to give you the trip you had, unless your speaking from prior experience.  Anyways, sounds like you had a good time, and its good that youve learned how to have a good trip, its a wonderful thing to experience  :grin: :mushroom2:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1845877 - 08/24/03 06:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

"i cant even begin to explain what the stars looked like. there were little lines connecting each star to another one, like a huge web."

Man the sky is fucking amazing :smile: there's this whole network of shit goin on up there hehehe

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (08/24/03 06:26 PM)

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Re: need advice w/ tripping [Re: Strumpling]
    #1847227 - 08/25/03 02:43 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

sure is strumpling.

oh, and iam, i dunno, i had one of those trip moments where you just understand random and weird shit like that. also, i read up about the trip each is supposed to deliver. i was just saying that for most of the time it was a combo of the two different shrooms, and after a while it felt like just one shroom was still kicking strong.

just a trip moment where you just understand something haha.

--------------------

--Turkish of Snatch

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca, Phish, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports