Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinecleaner
Stranger

Concept of soul mates
    #1839661 - 08/22/03 04:22 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Right, there are two theories ...

One dude claims that each soul separates and half goes male half female. Later they have to meet in life, fall in love, become one, ascend to other dimension and then become fit for other spiritual duties.

Sweet theory except every high school philosopher knows that we are all bi sexual beings and capable of being male and female. And sex is a state of mind. But i like his story, and if my soul mate is who i think it is then i'm with her all the way. (that was M.Kraigs teaching in Modern Magick, they guy also claims that each soul watches over forming fetus and does not join the body until ... listen to this, until the first breath is taken. What happened to that Buddha thing where it takes 49 days for a soul to attach to pineal gland)

But anyway, i always thought that a soul mate is someone who matches concepts of your higher self. Yes? no? maybe?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePhobos
Re: Concept of soul mates [Re: cleaner]
    #1839696 - 08/22/03 05:39 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not sure what would create the soul mate - nor what would aid in construction. I don't think anyone could grasp the details involved in any particular preparation for a soulmate.

I'm not sure I buy into the half male/female theory though... That would mean there isn't really a soul -mate- perse`, but a soul-half. You're just one half that's looking for the other for completion.

I guess a soulmate could make you whole. . . but I think I might think of it as something more like an idea that.. your soulmate is a different and isolated form, separate from you. When combined, your two states of being.. meld.. become complete.. if completion would be the result of finding a soul mate anyway.

Never really thought about it.. trying to start thinking about my beliefs.

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1839700 - 08/22/03 05:49 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think the chances are very slim of anyone finding their only possible soulmate among 3 billion candidates. It seems more reasonable to me that each soul has many possible soulmates.

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
    #1839703 - 08/22/03 05:51 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I always thought of a soulmate as someone who most complements who you are (i.e. their strengths are your weaknesses and vice-versa) During any individual's search for love s/he will almost definately run into people they are physically atracted too, yet on some deeper level will not 'mesh' with at all...wether that be by some sort of power struggle, or a general feeling of emptiness, or whatever. Sooner or later people generally stop putting such a premium on outward apearance and begin looking for certain qualities (other then a nice ass, or what not) in a lover that they think of as important...and often they still find themselves feeling as if they're just running around in circles. So, they'll likely (unconsciously perhaps?) decide to take a bit of a sabbatical in the love department while they give their unconscious mind time to sort stuff out for them...and usually during this time period, unseen forces draw a couple together who are at least somewhat compatable, thereby giving each of their unconscious minds something to work off...so to speak. My guess is that a pretty decent portion of the time these encounters rarely go beyond friendship, but never the less they serve an important purpose. Because regardless of what is precieved in the conscious mind, the unconscious mind will be busy formulating and doing all sorts of technical crap to determine as many constants as it can, and then doing whatever it can to attract people to it that may be able to add to the equation. Meanwhile back in the conscious realm of our thoughts - we will be making our own connections as to how much we look forward to hanging out with close friends as opposed to those special someones (e.g. current weekly fling) and wondering if maybe - just maybe - we should stop worrying about whether we're attracted to someone all together and start caring more about how much we enjoy another's company, or how much someone can make us feel better about ourselves, and all that other bullshit. Then, of course, after much contemplation and a whole lot of lonely nights we all 'wake up' one day and realize we're hitting a mid-life crisis and have still been able to find the *perfect* person for us...so we inevitably throw out whatever standards we used to have and snatch up the first desperate slob that comes our way. And as fate has it, not two seconds later you have an epiphany that your *real* soulmate was actually the first person you ever 'loved' and that you gave em up so many years ago because you were too damn ignorant to know any better. ............... In the end you're old, depressed, and stuck with some fat slob of a good-for-nothing wench that does nothing but bitch all day about how your relationship has turned into a living hell for her, and that it's somehow all your fault.

Er...I mean...uh...well...what I meant to say...ah fuckit

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

InvisibleTrippeeChik
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1839746 - 08/22/03 06:40 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

..from astrologer linda goodman:

'venus conjunct, sextile, or trine pluto (re: relation of natal charts)

whatever the connection - family, business, or friendship - these three aspects are evidence of a deep karmic bond from numerous past associations.

found in the charts of lovers or mates, the bond is different and more profound. (in other associations, the same tie exists, but its not a sexual one..)

these aspects indicate either twin souls or soul mates. two people who were once the same individual are referred to as soul mates. one person was the male half of the soul and the other was the female half. as the universe evolved and mans relationship to god changed the souls were separated. they have an innate longing for the other, and both of them sense that a part of themselves is missing or incomplete. from lifetime to lifetime, these souls unite and feel the joy of completion. they find the twin half of themselves.

this aspect, and in particular the conjunction, reveals the possibility of soul mates.

soul mates are fully absorbed in the other, and may experience extreme tension when your emotions cant be fully expressed. the sexual chemistry between you is magnetic and deep, and was so from your first meeting. it may or may not be consummated under the sextile or trine between these planets, but is not likely to be resisted under the conjunction.

with any of these three aspects (especially conjunction), you will meet involuntarily, and cannot be separated on earth except for temporary periods. not even death can separate you in the astral existence, because you will rush into mutual flesh rebirth to be reunited. these are powerful karmic vibrations of love, the kind of relationship called "love at first sight," which is not a fable, but attributable to karma. when apart you both feel an inexpressible longing for one another, however much you may try to deny it for personal reasons. with the sextile or trine, if you choose to postpone union until another incarnation, your mutual feelings will nevertheless be intense. with the conjunction its doubtful that youll choose postponement. the ancient marriage ceremonial words "that which god hath joined together, let no man put asunder" apply to such lovers, not to all brides and grooms. because such aspects are a precious gift from the universe, and from the higher selves of the man and woman, they cant be taken lightly. they require deep meditation and thoughtful analysis.

soul mates usually have other aspects in common like the moon conjunct the sun or ascendant in the others chart, as well as multiple ties and conjunctions shown in both charts. in addition, they meet after a major crisis in one or the others life. true soul mates are much more complex and rare than the idea that is commonly referred to in our culture.
'

--------------------
look buddy,,

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
Re: Concept of soul mates [Re: TrippeeChik]
    #1839836 - 08/22/03 07:56 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

What about homosexual partners who feel they are soul mates as much as the heterosexual partners who feel they are soul mates?  What about transsexed people such as hermaphrodites who have both female and male sexual organs - are they the female half or the male half?  Or perhaps they didn't split at all, and they have both the female and male halves in their body? :lol:

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

Edited by neutralizer (08/22/03 07:58 AM)

InvisibleTrippeeChik
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Concept of soul mates [Re: neutralizer]
    #1839858 - 08/22/03 08:10 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

i think the female/male aspects apply to the soul and not the physical body.

perhaps hermaphrodites are the superior sex.

--------------------
look buddy,,

Offlineneutralizer
    #1839871 - 08/22/03 08:16 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Unfortunately (?) most if not all hermaphrodites are unable to reproduce - at least with themselves. If their sex organs are developed enough to actually produce viable gametes of either kind, then it would be either sperm or ova, not both. It's been a while since I learned this stuff though, perhaps someone more knowledgeable would be better to speak about this.

In regards to the f/m soul as opposed to f/m body, if this is the case, are there female souls in male bodies? And if a soul is female or male, how do you tell them apart? How do we know which gender soul we have?

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

InvisibleTrippeeChik
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1839992 - 08/22/03 09:06 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

if it is indeed the case, i would believe so..

'And if a soul is female or male, how do you tell them apart? How do we know which gender soul we have? '

who knows.. souls are so invisible eh.. perhaps by intuition?
ive always thot i shouldve been born in a male body, but i mean im a girl.. make lemonade outta lemons rite?

--------------------
look buddy,,

Offlineneutralizer
    #1839998 - 08/22/03 09:09 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Interesting...if I may ask, is it to the point where you feel that you are a male born in a female body? Are you attracted to men only? Do you feel that as a female your only option is to end up with a male, and not a female?

These are personal questions, so don't answer if you don't want to. Just curious as to how you feel, in light of the gender of the soul.

--------------------

Edited by neutralizer (08/22/03 09:11 AM)

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Loc: It's all in your head...
    #1840077 - 08/22/03 09:39 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

If thnk that emotion is a conscious representation of the inner soul. So to me a soul mate would be someone who is compatible with you on an emotional level.

InvisibleTrippeeChik
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1840139 - 08/22/03 09:58 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

no its not to that point, moreso that it becomes a detachment to the body and sometimes feeling it is too much at odds with each other. i dont think i feel at all obligated to an option of either sex but could be that dreaded female wiring messing with me.

--------------------
look buddy,,

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1842014 - 08/22/03 08:10 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

My opinion?

I think your brain stops you from experiencing all but just a little bit of "God" or "eternity" so that we can play this little game called life and pretend that we're not God for a while so we can be amazed when we go back to being God.

When you meet someone who you think is a "soul mate", you're breaking through to "the other side" with this person more than you would with anyone else.

When you say "it feels like we were meant to be together" you're getting a taste of the strong bond that you have with "eternity" or "God" or "the all". You're getting a sense of the love that is store for you in heaven and it just feels like this one person was meant for you.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: Concept of soul mates [Re: Learyfan]
    #1842103 - 08/22/03 08:29 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Well said, Learyfan.

My mate and I have a complete connection with each other, physical and mental. We experience synchronistic events in our lives all the time, and we have shared many profound physical synchronicities as well. i.e. developing ear infections in the same ear at the same time without knowing the other was sick, even though we were 2500 miles apart at the time.

Being around my mate is a meditation in itself. I become more focused, my mind becomes calm; her simple existence is a reminder of what life is and should be about.

I've certainly never met another person that I connect to in such a way. Interesting theories about the soul-halves...

Peace.

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1842191 - 08/22/03 08:55 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

All my ideas about the soul joining the body... the one i think was most plausable is probably at the first breath. The first entrance into the oustide world. Thats when everything hits you... Doc. heh. But I really, dont know, just a thought.

--------------------
What?

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1842247 - 08/22/03 09:10 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

a person that looks pass your idiosynchrocies, that excepts you for who you are and knows you think the same. That would be my soulmate.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Concept of soul mates [Re: soochi]
    #1842329 - 08/22/03 09:44 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

That would be very nice, i have to agree with that.

--------------------
What?

OfflineRANKS68
Stranger

Re: Concept of soul mates [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1842656 - 08/23/03 12:31 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I've always liked the concept that everyone in your life in any significant way is a soulmate. Especially with (hopefully) the many friends that you have made throughout your life. With the many synchronicities I've had in my life at certain points with certain people it seems to make sense that we may have been lovers or buddies in a war at some point, or just friends. You are connected throughout eternity and you just seem to drift to the same place and time over and over again. It may even be possible that you have the same type of relationship over and over until you finally learn what it is that you were trying to learn all along, then you move on. Or maybe they are reminders that will elicit a certain deja vu and reconnect you with your eternal self. Like sign posts that you leave for yourself when you set up this movie that we call life before you sit down to watch it and learn what you intended it to teach you. Mental masturbation over. This could be the vicodin talking.

-RR68

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: Concept of soul mates [Re: RANKS68]
    #1842784 - 08/23/03 02:47 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by Xibalba (09/30/05 12:14 AM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Concept of soul mates [Re: Xibalba]
    #1842852 - 08/23/03 05:56 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Xibalba said:
I don't think newborn babies have anything I would call a soul. They're just cute floppy little bundles of reflexes. There's been much debate about when the soul 'enters'- always no later than birth- but I think we grow them. There's no exact cut-off and it really takes our whole lives- but somewhere around the age of 3 1/2 makes sense.

Grow a soul? Nah...

Our soul only has something to do with us being aware, conscious... you can't grow into that. You always have that behind everything that happens to us, everything that runs through our head.. it is always there, behind all of that, and is just aware.

To say that a baby doesn't have that doesn't make sense... To the outside world, it doesn't seem that there is a lot going on in a baby, but there definitely has to be.. a system getting prepared for forward movement. There is no memory of this happening, possibly because what holds memories was not functionable, or perhaps there is a certain point where babies have to disconnect from the higher consciousness so that they can start their experience, and that they must forget it all to be human.. who knows?

But the idea of us growing a soul doesn't seem to make sense to me... There is a difference between what is our soul and anything we pick up or accumulate in our heads throughout this life.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom