Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsychics
Searching

Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: cronicr]
    #20525462 - 09/05/14 07:08 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Very informative post just ordered my first spores and this was a good refresher on what to do. Been lurking for about a 2 years now finally bought my first spores from sporeworks, Costa Rica strain anyone have good experiences with this vendor? Also I would think that people would have more success though with lc in sterile conditions is it usually 2:5 success rate? That seems kinda low.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemasterkorin
Back from retirement
Male

Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: clubbase]
    #20544552 - 09/09/14 06:53 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Gonna need this in the future

--------------------
"It was true that I didn’t have much ambition, but there ought to be a place for people without ambition, I mean a better place than the one usually reserved. How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, shit, piss, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so?" -Bukowski

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: masterkorin]
    #20544605 - 09/09/14 07:07 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Agar to lc works fine its dumping spores in honey water thats a crapshoot

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: cronicr]
    #20643184 - 10/01/14 03:35 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I just wanted to say that this was an excellent tek. A lot of the information is stuff I've read around the web in many others, but you provide reasoning and explanation for each step. Your pictures are also awesome. Thank you very much!

I have a few questions regarding drying and storing, many about your mesh, rectangular tupperware setup. I've color coded what I believe are the components within to easily demonstrate my questions.

1. Yellow appears to be a lid of some sort acting as a barrier between the mesh and the silica tub. Is this solid or is it just the outer rim supporting the mesh wire? It seems if it was a solid lid, it would block the silica from doing it's job?

2. Orange appears to be a smaller tupperware tub filled with silica (demonstrated impeccably by the white chunks of crap). Again, does this have a lid on it or is it wide open? It's hard to tell from the picture.

3. Since Green is clearly the towel, I will assume the entire silica tub is porous and contains holes on the bottom for the moisture to soak through?

4. If yes to #3, what's the purpose of the towel? It's easier to replace later with a fresh one? Or it suspends the silica tub off the air enough and is easy to toss in?

And a few questions regarding the longterm storage options with the smal calcium chloride and mason jars.

5. Can the small jar be filled with silica gel as well?

6. Why is this method preferable to longterm storage and not your tupperware idea? Is calcium chloride stronger/more durable and a glass mason jar is more airtight than tupperware?

7. Would you need to position the calcium sulphate jar in a specific position within the mason jar? For instance, suspended in air and not touching the mushrooms? Or only upright so collected moisture doesn't spill?

8. Would we need to remove/replace the calcium sulphate or paper towel after a while?

And one random one:

9. Do you use a fan on your newly picked ones before going into the silica/calcium sulphate versions or just sit them outside on those grates?

Sorry for the abundance of questions, but this part of it is very important and your examples seem to be the best. I just want to get them right!

Thanks a LOT!

OfflineSeverance13
Culture Collector
Male User Gallery

Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: stareatclouds]
    #20651886 - 10/03/14 01:57 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

I must say, as a well-read newbie, this is an invaluable guide. Thank you for taking what looks to be quite a bit of time to inform. As a practitioner of Kopimism, I thank you for sharing you knowledge. Ave Kopimi, good sir.

Offlinethisisnothere22
Stranger
Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: Severance13]
    #20667813 - 10/06/14 06:05 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Hi all,

I am new here so just wondering, for the SGFC, is this thing ok to use?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-Deep-Ultra-Basket-16288006-Pack-of-6/10401032

It's got a bunch of holes in it, (except on the bottom, which is an easy fix), and I *think* it's sort of permeable to light?

Also, is dunking/rolling more or less a must for the PF Tek? I don't recall it in the original guide.

Lastly, do the holes in the jar need to be covered during colonization or left open to air?

Sorry if these are noob questions, I am a noob after all. :P

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: thisisnothere22]
    #20667923 - 10/06/14 06:37 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

hi! welcome to shroomery! adni would go for the simple sterlite 66 qt with a lid, your gonna need to drill holes anyway they may as well be done right, you should dunk and roll your cakes for best performance

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

OfflineFreemind777
Psychonaut
    #20683282 - 10/10/14 09:12 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

FYI if you using this TEK for edible legal fungi in the US,
1 cup of water and 2 teaspoons(tsp) of honey will make a 250ml
solution with 4 percent honey.

OfflineFreemind777
Psychonaut
Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: Freemind777]
    #20683297 - 10/10/14 09:19 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

thisisnothere22, loosely put the tinfoil back on the jars after you inject them.
This will keep dust from landing on the open holes. The dry layer of verm is the main barrier to contaminants. You can also cover the jar top with a paper towel to keep dust out of the holes but let air in, instead of tinfoil.

Edited by Freemind777 (10/10/14 09:25 AM)

Offlinethisisnothere22
Stranger
Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: Freemind777]
    #20698616 - 10/13/14 06:48 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the tips guys!

:grin:

OfflineBoofer
Pomologist
Male

Loc: Left Coast
Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: clubbase]
    #20711630 - 10/16/14 03:53 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

In the BRF video, micropore tape is used to cover the holes and foil is placed on each jar lid. Then the jars are steamed for 90 minutes. After they cool down, the jars may be inoculated through the tape, as the video shows.

I don't see any place where it says to remove the tape and foil at some point. When is that done? The mycelium wants FAE so I would expect the foil and tape to come off fairly soon after inoculating?

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: Boofer]
    #20711723 - 10/16/14 04:11 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

The foil should be removed immediately after you take them from the pressure cooker or stock pot, even before inoculation. The substrate needs to start airing out and drying, I believe.

The foil is only there to protect the substrate from the water when you sterilize, not from contaminants. The mycelium needs GE, not FAE, IIRC. The fully colonized cakes need FAE, that's why we use a SGFC with 3743437 holes in it. :smile:

Just make sure you don't rough up or move around the jars too much after because the vermiculite layer is protecting the substrate and shifting it around can cause issues.

The micropore tape is optional, many people don't even bother with it, and it stays on throughout, I believe.

InvisibleFungus Mountain
Poke-N-Squirt
 User Gallery

Loc: Front row @ the Freakshow
Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: stareatclouds]
    #20739099 - 10/22/14 05:16 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Fantastic write up! Thank you for taking the time to put all the info together. I've read over it twice and found it to be concise and very detailed. :thumbup:

--------------------
“Until they became conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious.”
George Orwell, 1984

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
Albert Einstein

Offlinecpan555
Stranger
Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: Fungus Mountain]
    #20794258 - 11/04/14 08:32 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I can't seem to get passed the mycelium phase, this is about my 4th time trying & I don't know what I'm doing wrong. My cakes seem to just stop growing a half an inch before the entire cake can be covered

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: cpan555]
    #20794309 - 11/04/14 08:42 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

would that half inch be on top where your dry layer is or on botom? if it's the bottom chances are it's too compacted from using the wrong size jars or it was jsut stuffed too tight, other then that contams could be a problem too but you should be able to spot those

--------------------

I'm tired do me a favor

Offlinegardens
Stranger
 User Gallery

#20794345 - 11/04/14 08:50 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the tutorial mate,this newbie has it bookmarked.

--------------------
My B+ grow

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: cpan555]
    #20794620 - 11/04/14 10:11 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cpan555 said:
I can't seem to get passed the mycelium phase, this is about my 4th time trying & I don't know what I'm doing wrong. My cakes seem to just stop growing a half an inch before the entire cake can be covered

Are you sure it's not your layer of verm that isn't colonizing? Also if they have stopped growing completely, I'd just birth them and cut off the uncolonized chunk and toss them in your SGFC like usual.

OfflineDropd2nz
Stranger
    #20796269 - 11/05/14 11:25 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I may be in the wrong place at the right time , Can anyone tell me where I can find wild pcilocybin in the Southern oregon region?

InvisibleFungus Mountain
Poke-N-Squirt
 User Gallery

Loc: Front row @ the Freakshow
    #20799564 - 11/05/14 11:28 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cpan555 said:

If you're following this tek to the tee, the 2 hole inoculation method could be your issue. That in combination with using the taller half-pint jars and you likely hamstringing mycelium production.

Not sure if that's the scenario you're working with, but if so, switch to the wide mouth half-pint jars and add 2 more inoculation points for a total of 4. 

:thumbup:

--------------------
“Until they became conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious.”
George Orwell, 1984

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
Albert Einstein

Invisibleglobos
Regular User
 User Gallery

Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: Fungus Mountain]
    #20800302 - 11/06/14 07:10 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Can spores in the LC phase be replaced by living tissue (a mushroom chunk basically) to obtain a clone culture?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale