Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hygrometer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblefungusflip
visionary

Loc: texas
cauliflower question
    #1837348 - 08/21/03 03:07 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

what are some of the reasons that cauliflower forms on pf cakes? if the cake also has massive amounts and i mean massive of rhizomorphic and hyphal growths on it-good? or bad? some slight condesation on some of the cakes, would this cause massive pinning to abort? some of the cakes literally have clusters of 10-30 pins all in one area. i will try to get some pics posted asap. if the cauliflower is left alone as aposed to it being removed what will happen? the strain is amazonian from pf. the cakes were dunked on 8-11-03 birthed on 8-12-03 and first pins noticed on 8-17-03. pins seem to be developing very slow. i think some are aborts? any comments or advice anyone? solutions? thanx :crazy: 

--------------------
let it be know, there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekukusz
Owner of belowhot monkey!

Loc: East Coast
Re: cauliflower question [Re: fungusflip]
    #1837625 - 08/21/03 04:30 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Unfortunately I don't think there is much you can do at this stage, unless your RH is too high during fruiting. Once pins occur, try to lower the RH to see if that helps. From what I have seen, though, very thick fluffy mycelium is not a bad thing. I assume that is what you are talking about. Aborts can be caused by many different variables, perhaps giving us a description of your environment and conditions would be helpful.

--------------------
All of my posts are for discussion purposes only. All posts concerning cultivation of mushrooms refer to legal gourmet mushrooms only. Yes, I support monkey-human relationships.

Invisiblefungusflip
visionary

Loc: texas
Re: cauliflower question [Re: kukusz]
    #1837991 - 08/21/03 06:20 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

my hygrometer says 95% rh there is no thermometer in side of the terrarium but i'm positive that its not more than 76 degrees so its not too hot. the room temp is kept kinda on the cool side. theres condensation on the plexiglass window in the lid so i already know the humidity is too high at least thats what the consensus is. why does cauliflower occure there's a carmel colored secretion coming out of some of them is this the result of too much humidity? chemical contact? any how i just opened up the box and fanned it out a bit and got all of the water off of the plex so i hope it helps. should i remove the cauliflower or leave it alone?

--------------------
let it be know, there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hygrometer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation