Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineLSDreams
Contemplative Stoner
Male

Loc: Stuck in 3rd Dimension
Re: Speeding Ticket Advice? [Re: All We Perceive]
    #18365688 - 06/04/13 12:31 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

All We Perceive said:
Sounds like you're pretty fucked though.

That is such a sad statement :sonofawebitch:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Speeding Ticket Advice? [Re: LSDreams]
    #18365697 - 06/04/13 12:33 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

i feel you man. i just got a speeding ticket too. I totally deserved it though. Was driving back to southern california from san francisco in my girlfriends mini cooper. Those things are so fucking fast.

8 hours into the drive, and about 5 miles from home I am going 100+ in the carpool for no good reason and get pulled over. The cop was actually pretty cool and only wrote me down for 80 in a 65. If he had even written 81 my ticket would have been $200 more. First speeding ticket in 3 years, so ill do traffic school and have nothing on my record. youre right, points on your record really sucks for insurance, among other things.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

OfflineAmazonianGuru
Living Jungle Boy
Male User Gallery

Re: Speeding Ticket Advice? [Re: ManianFH]
    #18365708 - 06/04/13 12:35 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I got dinged for 123 km/hr in a 90 km/hr zone, I debated on fighting it and whatever, seeing if the radar was calibrated, but fuck it, I was speeding, it's my own fault, the cop could have been a dick and wrote me up for $500+ but instead gave me a $246 ticket.

In Canada, of course

--------------------

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Speeding Ticket Advice? [Re: AmazonianGuru]
    #18365737 - 06/04/13 12:45 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

i feel like a real asshole for speeding to begin with. I also ride a motorcycle and thats how we die everyday. Someone going way too fast, faster than traffic, switching lanes recklessly, then opps, Scrreecch... dead motorcyclist.

and there i was fucking doing it myself. Im an asshole, and totally deserve this ticket. Ill pay it happily to remind myself not to drive like a fucking moron in the future.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Speeding Ticket Advice? [Re: ManianFH]
    #18365801 - 06/04/13 01:14 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mick said:
i feel like a real asshole for speeding to begin with. I also ride a motorcycle and thats how we die everyday. Someone going way too fast, faster than traffic, switching lanes recklessly, then opps, Scrreecch... dead motorcyclist.

and there i was fucking doing it myself. Im an asshole, and totally deserve this ticket. Ill pay it happily to remind myself not to drive like a fucking moron in the future.

:feelsgoodman:

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

OfflineLSDreams
Contemplative Stoner
Male

Re: Speeding Ticket Advice? [Re: Enjoywho]
    #18365921 - 06/04/13 02:02 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

My second ticket, I was coming home from work at 1am.. and me thinking that cops wouldnt be sitting out at 1 in the morning I was cruising at 65-70 through the last part of the city where its a 35 zone and then country roads. The cop didnt catch up to me to where i could see him until I was a good mile into the country road. As soon as saw lights flashing I knew I was fucked, plus I had separated bags in my back seat which is never a good thing if youre speeding. Luckily the cop was super cool and said I was only going like 50 something, and that I only had to pay a fine evading any points.

Why cant all cops be that cool? :shrug:

Invisiblejustgeorge
Male

Re: Speeding Ticket Advice? [Re: LSDreams]
    #18366727 - 06/04/13 09:33 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Lawyer is probably a waste of money honestly.  But the extensions idea aint bad, and could work. Just realize most police departments not only notify the officer who is required to be present, but actually schedule the time for them to be there in advance.  Worth a shot though...

My suggestion, radar detector.  I speed like a bat out of hell myself, and know it's in your blood and wont ever go away.  It's like rickey bobby once said "I want to go fast"!

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Speeding Ticket Advice? [Re: The Vapor]
    #18367071 - 06/04/13 10:59 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The Vapor said:
Quote:

All We Perceive said:
I don't think you can contest the punishment with a speeding offense.

I'm almost certain you can, you have like thirty days to contest the ticket. Unless, and I didn't read the thread, he has already just accepted the ticket but some how wishes to disagree on how much he should be charged.

You absolutely cannot.  At least in Ontario, speeding is an absolute liability offense.  That means there is no legal excuse for speeding, and you cannot fight the ticket.  Period.

Quote:

Absolute liability is a standard of legal liability found in tort and criminal law of various legal jurisdictions.
To be convicted of an ordinary crime, in certain jurisdictions, a person must not only have committed a criminal action, but also have had a deliberate intention or guilty mind (mens rea). In a crime of strict liability (criminal) or absolute liability, a person could be guilty even if there was no intention to commit a crime. The difference between strict and absolute liability is whether the defence of a mistake of fact is available: in a crime of absolute liability, a mistake of fact is not a defence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_liability

OfflineLSDreams
Contemplative Stoner
Male

Re: Speeding Ticket Advice? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #18367341 - 06/04/13 12:12 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

They can't use radar in pa unless they're a sheriff. They use 2 white lines on the road, and time you to see how long it takes you to get from line 1 too line 2. It's automatic, but doesn't that sound like it has room for error?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom