Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: Surviving the Bush Dictatorship - Martial Law [Re: Rono]
    #1837613 - 08/21/03 02:24 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Rono said:
I could...A fuck-up of that magnitude is beyond comprehension.  I think that anyone that doesn't at least 'suspect' Bush knew is fooling themselves. 

Yeah, I can see that.  But only if a person were unacquainted with how the government really runs.  The case here is a lot like the major blackout we had recently.  It was panic city.  What did our local officials do?

Nothing.

Were we prepared?

No.

Notice how we were 'promised' by President Bush that this "wasn't a terrorist attack" when days later we still don't know the cause.

That was yet another classic case of the government in action.

Or are you of the opinion that President Bush was "in on that one too"?  :lol: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#1837624 - 08/21/03 02:29 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Rono said:
Quote:

That's easy. I have worked with the government for years. I know how incompetent they really are. Believe me, it's scary. 

I have worked in the military, and I can guarantee that the ONLY reason jets weren't scrambled was because they were told not to... 

I see. The "military is a well-oiled machine" theory.

Now I wonder where the phrase "snafu" came from? my turn to :rolleyes:

:lol: 

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Surviving the Bush Dictatorship - Martial Law [Re: ]
    #1837638 - 08/21/03 02:36 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Far from it...but from personal experience, a fuck-up of that magnitude is not a plausible explanation...unless of course EVERY single person that is responsible for air defense in the most powerful country in the world, with the highest defense budget is a complete idiot...is that what you're implying?

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Anonymous

#1837663 - 08/21/03 02:44 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I don't except that proviso. I am simply maintaining that most of the major links in the chain "freaked out" and it resulted in the tragedy.

We weren't prepared. That's all.

But I understand why a person would be highly suspicious of the turn of events.

I didn't know that there was 27 minutes where the guy at the control room knew about the lack of radio contact and seemingly "did nothing". Perhaps he freaked out too. But I am a little suspicious of that.

If this lack of radio contact thing is for real how many times do you think they lose radio contact? It seems to me that would be fairly often. How many times are the military ordered to scramble? None that I am aware of.

For me the bottom line is that EVERY portion of the government is far more incompetent than they would ever want us to know.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#1837666 - 08/21/03 02:45 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Let me put this into context using the Payne Stewart incident again if I may...

"According to an Air Force summary, after contact was initially lost, two F-15s from Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla., were sent to track the Learjet. The F-15s pulled back and two F-16s in the air from Eglin Air Force Base, Fla., moved in to track the aircraft.
After the Learjet reached the Midwest, the Eglin F-16s pulled off and four F-16s and a midair refueling tanker from the Tulsa National Guard followed it.
Eventually, two F-16s from Fargo, N.D., moved in close to look into the windows to see if the pilot was slumped over and to help clear air space. Officials hoped that the F-16s could provide assistance to anyone on board who might have helped land the plane safely.
The pilots drew close and noticed no structural damage but were unable to see into the Learjet because its windows were frosted over, indicating the temperature inside was well below freezing.
The F-16 pilots said they saw the plane, apparently out of fuel, fall to the ground."

Now let's count how many Jets were scrambled in total for only 1 private jet...10!...(and 1 re-fueling tanker) 10 jets in total were scrambled from various parts of the country in that instance for a private jet that was not responding to radio contact.

Now forward to 9/11...2 jets hit the towers in New York, 1 hits the Pentagon, 1 crash lands in Pennsylvania...now how many jets were scrambled for those? if you guessed 0 you are correct.

I don't know how you can say with a straight face that every airbase in every state involved was incompetent...ESPECIALLY since there is one VERY close to the Pentagon.

--------------------

Edited by Rono (08/21/03 02:49 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Surviving the Bush Dictatorship - Martial Law [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1837679 - 08/21/03 02:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hey Hobbit, would you please stop using that fucking quick reply!

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1837680 - 08/21/03 02:48 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hey..., how is it the lawn in front of the crash at the pentagon could remain in tact?

http://www.govsux.com/penta-lawn.htm

edit: no comments on responce time from inny, luvs, wingtux, shatka?! You all agree your government is retarded, or conspiratorial fuckheads?

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Edited by Azmodeus (08/21/03 02:52 PM)

Anonymous

#1837697 - 08/21/03 02:53 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Sure. I can see that.

But still the fact remains that the two incidents are completely unalike in their magnitude. Which is why one induced a level of panic that caused the system to break down and the other didn't.

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: Surviving the Bush Dictatorship - Martial Law [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1837698 - 08/21/03 02:54 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ever fire an anti-tank missile? They're cool.

You can fire them at a tank or building in the middle of a field, and it blows the shit out of the target without fucking up all the grass.

It flies, get this, OVER the grass! By several feet!

If you want, you can skip one across the grass and leave a trail, but then you waste all your kinetic energy and might lose your round altogether.

Bullets work in much the same way, but aren't as fun.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Surviving the Bush Dictatorship - Martial Law [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1837704 - 08/21/03 02:55 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I'd have to agree that one air marshall or cop against a group of highjackers wouldn't be good odds

Have you flown much?

Picture this.... you are a hijacker, you believe you know which passenger is the air marshal. You get up, walk towards the john, and as you pass him, you pounce on him. Now, in those tiny seats, how difficult do you think it'll be to slow him down long enough for your buds to dash over and help you? Keep in mind his gun is concealed.

Not very difficult at all.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Surviving the Bush Dictatorship - Martial Law [Re: wingnutx]
    #1837713 - 08/21/03 02:58 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I actually wanted to hear what you had to say bout the responce time as well... :frown:

So the terrorist fired the anti tank missle into the pentagon?  Or did the plane act like a missle flying over the ground but then turned into a missle so as not to harm the lawn? :confused:

im sorry, but you confused me...

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1837732 - 08/21/03 03:03 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I remember the Stewart story but not well as I don't follow golf.

How long between the time contact was lost and the time the fighters were scrambled? I seem to remember the incident lasted several hours which would explain the number of jets.

--------------------

Invisiblewingnutx

#1837738 - 08/21/03 03:05 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I'm saying that the plane flew over the lawn and hit the building.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1837784 - 08/21/03 03:16 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Ok, fair enough....

and what do you make of this?

Quote:

rono sayz...
"Now let's count how many Jets were scrambled in total for only 1 private jet...10!...(and 1 re-fueling tanker) 10 jets in total were scrambled from various parts of the country in that instance for a private jet that was not responding to radio contact.

Now forward to 9/11...2 jets hit the towers in New York, 1 hits the Pentagon, 1 crash lands in Pennsylvania...now how many jets were scrambled for those? if you guessed 0 you are correct.

I don't know how you can say with a straight face that every airbase in every state involved was incompetent...ESPECIALLY since there is one VERY close to the Pentagon.

Mr.m says...
Sure. I can see that.

But still the fact remains that the two incidents are completely unalike in their magnitude. Which is why one induced a level of panic that caused the system to break down and the other didn't.

Do you also believe that every person just shit thier pants all at once, or can you add a logical reason for the incomprehendable incompetance shown that day....besides bush knew?

Because the way it stands, it seems theres a huge hole in teh story in which the credibility of the fuck up is disapearing...

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Invisiblewingnutx

#1837800 - 08/21/03 03:19 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

"Now let's count how many Jets were scrambled in total for only 1 private jet...10!...(and 1 re-fueling tanker) 10 jets in total were scrambled from various parts of the country in that instance for a private jet that was not responding to radio contact.

When and where was that?

There have been many incidents in the past two years of airplanes violating restricted airspace (a couple of nuke plants, some govt buildings), and jets did not get there in time to prevent them from doing anything. Luckily, they were not out to do harm.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#1837801 - 08/21/03 03:19 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sorry man...but even you have to admit that's a pretty weak excuse...I have a hard time believing that every trained military personel across the country were too busy hiding under their desks to react to a crisis situation...

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#1837812 - 08/21/03 03:22 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

wingnutx said:
Quote:

When and where was that?

There have been many incidents in the past two years of airplanes violating restricted airspace (a couple of nuke plants, some govt buildings), and jets did not get there in time to prevent them from doing anything. Luckily, they were not out to do harm.

Sigh...PAYNE STEWART Monday October 25, 1999 ...ring a bell?

The point is that jets WERE scrambled in those instances...you just said it yourself...so AGAIN I ask...WHY WEREN'T THEY SCRAMBLED DURING 9/11?

Jeez...it seems like a fairly straight forward question, why is everyone dodging it?

Bush Knew

--------------------

Edited by Rono (08/21/03 03:32 PM)

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1837825 - 08/21/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Because it is impossible to answer, and the only logical explanation is that some conspiratorial shit was going down at least somewhere down the line, if not on the rod itself.

I guess if no more reasons are put forth, we can assume everyone agrees...honeslty i can't think of any.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Anonymous

#1837849 - 08/21/03 03:32 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I admit nothing of the kind. I find it to be a very plausible reason given the circumstances.

The difference between us on this issue depends on our interpretation of the data. I see it like you look at Bush's face when he is told the second plane crashed into the towers and say, "look at his face! He knew!, and I see the same clip and say, "look at his face! He is thinking, "What the fuck do we do now?"

Until the moment comes when I am offered REAL quanitifiable evidence that shows Bush actually knew I am going to assume two things:

1. The level of incompetency in government is huge beyond imagination.
2. Extreme situations induce panic that causes systems to shut down.

I assume these things because they are incontrovertible fact.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1837867 - 08/21/03 03:37 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

2. Extreme situations induce panic that causes systems to shut down.

Its not as if the planes were going to hit all those people in 5 minutes...why would they panick instead of doing thier jobs? It just doesn't seem to add up...
All the people that jumped to sure death from the burning towers many stories up had a reason to be panicking...not air traffic controlers, or military personel.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom