Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

just wondering....
    #1836598 - 08/21/03 11:13 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I put my first verm, water, brf jar in the pressure cooker for an hour last night. A little while ago I took it out and injected it with the koh samoi syringe. I am anxious more than anything and I was starting to wonder if there was a chance if nothing could happen---or is it just that it will either colonize or contam. Has anyone seen nothing happen after the injection? By the way, I followed the simple pf tek directions to each period and was extremely cleaning using lysol to disinfect everything and washing my hands several times and also taking a shower before handling any equipment.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
No god, no boss

Loc: República Federal Íbera
Re: just wondering.... [Re: ]
    #1836618 - 08/21/03 11:22 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Did you inject the whole syringe in one single jar?!?!?

shroom cowboy

Loc: space city
    #1836619 - 08/21/03 11:22 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

it is possible that nothing could happen, but before you worry wait at least a week from the time of inoculation to notice signs of mycelial growth.  patience is the key :laugh: 

User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #1836627 - 08/21/03 11:24 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

There's always a chance that nothing could happen. how long ago did you innoculate? incubator? Expect a couple of days to a week or two before you see positive signs.

Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Loc: DC
Re: just wondering.... [Re: soochi]
    #1836683 - 08/21/03 11:51 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

best incubation trick ever.......place jars in incubator and NEVER LOOK AT IT AGAIN for about 7 days.....its rough, but pray to shroom gods during said time and all will be kosher

In the Time of Chimpanzees I was a Monkey.

Sam Kohui (c)

Loc: Here-->[x]
Re: just wondering.... [Re: soochi]
    #1836698 - 08/21/03 11:58 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

looks like you've got a case of NAS or Newbie Anxiety Syndrome...colonization, contamination, or nothing are all possibilities...if you're sterilization techniques were perfect then your chances for successful colonization are high...if you had poor sterilization procedures the risk of contamination increases...the more you handle the jars also increases the risk for contamination...nothing will happen if you got a syringe full of tapwater or dead unviable spores...

Why haven't my jars shown any growth yet?

First mantra of the hobby - "Patience." Germination can occur as early as 2 -3 days, but it may take up to a week or more for he first signs of germination to show. It depends on a multitude of factors - some of which are: temperature, substrate, spore concentration, age of the spores, etc. There are so many different relevant factors it is very hard to determine within the 1st2 weeks why you have not shown germination. Give it at least a week before you worry, and at least 2 weeks before you panic. All you need are 2 spores to germinate and take over the entire jar - and luck is on your side when proper procedures are followed. Please be patient and do not panic after only 2 days, no matter how fast you've read other people's colonization was. Their setup, factors, everything varies just slightly from yours. Now, after a period of time with no germination, analyze all of the possibilities (such as temperature, water content, sterilization procedures, etc.) that would hinder growth. This is your best bet on learning the life cycle, and also learning the peculiarities of your personal setup (as far as variations go).

i dont cultivate...i just post pictures, spread knowledge, and give advice
my brain's illegal because it contains DMT in the pineal gland, and so does your brain and everyone elses
the name's GestaltAssault not Get Us A Slut

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation