Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIMTRIPPINOUT
Re: I *hate* it when they tell me vermiculite is banned!!! [Re: Tremor1127]
    #1837728 - 08/21/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

its not banned in illinois but walmart will tell you that and so will some big hardware stores but ive found it so its around just look harder!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblehoushroom
shroom cowboy

Loc: space city
Re: I *hate* it when they tell me vermiculite is banned!!! [Re: ATWAR]
    #1837875 - 08/21/03 03:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

great advice atwar

OfflinePsilocybin_monkey
Shroomer

Loc: Dragon's Den
Re: I *hate* it when they tell me vermiculite is banned!!! [Re: Tremor1127]
    #1838390 - 08/21/03 06:28 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

it's not banned in canada :wink:

--------------------
Welcome to my world!

OfflineSmallworlds
Trippin' fool -Merry Prankster

Re: I *hate* it when they tell me vermiculite is banned!!! [Re: Psilocybin_monkey]
    #4393525 - 07/11/05 06:53 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

An old thread, but I felt inclined to comment. I just had a walmart and a Home Dept tell me that the state of new york banned vermiculte. Needless to say I was pissed. However they must have been lying because the local hydro store stocks it, for $12 bucks a bag, of course...

--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:

Trip Report

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I *hate* it when they tell me vermiculite is banned!!! [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4393553 - 07/11/05 07:02 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ive heard the same from a few states, while it was still available from other stores. People are still idiots and still think its banned or illegal..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineRealnuggetz
Just a friend of the family
Male User Gallery

Loc: SF/NYC biCoastal
Re: I *hate* it when they tell me vermiculite is banned!!! [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4394619 - 07/12/05 12:53 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I just hate wally world in general. I have a problem EVERY TIME I GO THERE. I am a clean cut looking kid too! Two nights ago I went in......at about 3am, but still... I walked to the area where I had last seen Ball Wide Mouth Quart Canning Jars. They where not there, or course. So what do I do? I walk up the the first lady I see, who is obviously some pathetic, non-english speaking, stupid immigrant, probably illegal with wal*marts track record, and I ask her. "Good morning! Could you please tell me where you have Canning jars, you know... MASON JARS, BALL JARS, FREAKIN JARS! JARS ASSHOLE JARS! She looks at me as if she TOTALY understands and then says "I'm sorry, I dont know where they are." OH MY FREAKING GOD IS THAT AN UNACCEPTABLE ANSWER! So I finally found them after asking 2 more associates! Then I ask one where the 30 gal. trash bags are, of course he sends me to the other end of the big fucking walmart supercenter, the size of a billion football fields. Desolate fucking walk! After I finally get everything; a 12 pack of jars and a bag of trash bags, I go to the only open checkouts. THE U-SCAN self checkout :-) I scan my items, and it tells me that.... get this... "Approval Needed" and pops up a box for an associate to type in their number. So, I wait 10 minutes, and see NOBODY, so I start playing with the buttons, hoping to fuck something up, or set off an alarm, or something to make sombody come over! Nope. I finally got it to go through after trying 2 more U-SCANS. If I had just walked out with my shit, without paying, I bet I would have had security on me like a MOTHERFUCKER! You also have to get approval to purchase those little popper fireworks, or ballbearings for a slingshot. You have to be 18 to buy a slingshot! What would Dennis the Menace do in this day and age. You want a bb gun? I think you gotta be 21! But you can go to a real gun store, and get a shotgun with no background check or permit at 18! Then, after you have went through all this bullshit, and are carrying out all this CRAP somebody wants to see your recipt.... EVERY TIME. They just saw you buy it, even if they didn't, they have no right to do that. Once you pay for it, its yours, you dont have to show them a recipt. But they think they should follow you if you dont want to get it out of your pocket. Until you say "Listen old man, I have never stolen a thing in my life, and I am not going to dig through all this change, and crumpled dollar bills, and other bullshit to get you a recipt for an item YOU JUST SAW ME BUY! Now if you dont get away from me, I am going to really, really beat the shit out of you, and if you dont get away from my car,,, I WILL RUN YOUR RETARDED ASS OVER! GOD I HATE THAT PLACE!

--------------------
Nothin left to do but smile smile smile

OfflineBlue Helix
bold hand
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: I *hate* it when they tell me vermiculite is banned!!! [Re: Realnuggetz]
    #4394651 - 07/12/05 01:03 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Walmart is cheap. That's all they ever were, cheap. The employees who work there seldom like their jobs because they are cheap with them too. Don't get me wrong. I shop there BECAUSE they are so cheap, but I wouldn't dream of asking for help there. For one most of the employees where I live don't speak English so couldn't help me anyway. Even if they did speak English, they wouldn't know anything other than the tiny section they regularly stock.

Oh, once you get my age, though, the receipt Nazis at the door finally loosen up a little. I seldom show them the receipt unless I happen to have it handy.

OfflineoONoodlesOo
ShroomSauce

Re: I *hate* it when they tell me vermiculite is banned!!! [Re: Blue Helix]
    #12824478 - 06/29/10 04:09 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i always get 20 questions when i ask for verm anywhere, Lowes usually has it

--------------------
My Trade list
He Who Understands His Mind Has No Problems

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: I *hate* it when they tell me vermiculite is banned!!! [Re: MOTH]
    #12824491 - 06/29/10 04:11 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Please check the date if you're going to bump a moldy old thread with nothing of consequence to add.
RR

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates