Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLaxy

Need help please!
    #1836059 - 08/21/03 03:52 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I just got this e-mail from some guy named Abdul. I couldn't decipher much of his message except that he's from Iraq and it is his first time growing.  He said that just a couple of his cakes were already done colonizing, so he went ahead and dunked them.  Now I think what he was trying to ask me is if the way he did it is okay.  He said that he just took the verm from the top, then flipped the jars to loosen them from the sides, put them back into the jars filled them with water than put them in the fridge.  He said while doing it, the arm that was holding the jar got shot off by a US sniper, and the cake fell from the jar and tumbled on the floor.  He thought he would go ahead and try to proceed as normal anyways.  So how is my friend, Abdul doing so far?  Just post on here and i'll translate and deliver the message to him.  Thanks :smile: 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekukusz
Owner of belowhot monkey!

Loc: East Coast
Re: Need help please! [Re: Laxy]
    #1836067 - 08/21/03 03:57 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

lol...

If Abdul removed the verm then he shouldn't have, you want that, it acts as casing. Look up rolling cakes in verm for Abdul, it should help him.

The dropped one will _probably_ be ok, a fully colonized cake is somewhat resistant to contam, and it should make it ok.

--------------------
All of my posts are for discussion purposes only. All posts concerning cultivation of mushrooms refer to legal gourmet mushrooms only. Yes, I support monkey-human relationships.

Edited by kukusz (08/21/03 04:01 AM)

Anonymous

#1836075 - 08/21/03 04:05 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

tell him to balance the jar on his nose next time  :razz:

OfflineLaxy

Re: Need help please! [Re: kukusz]
    #1836076 - 08/21/03 04:07 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I just spoke to Abdul on the phone, he said that "The damn Americans told me to roll the cakes in vermiculite after the cold shock/dunk" He added, " I threw away the vermiculite b/c I thought I'd just go buy some more" He also mentioned that one of the cakes had a different type of texture than the other cakes. He said that it seemed almost dried out, the mycelium didn't look as fluffy as it did on the other cakes. That same cake also had a little blue dot on the bottom edge, although this may have just been a marker stain.

I told him to watch the American comments. Any suggestions?

Offlinekukusz
Owner of belowhot monkey!

Loc: East Coast
    #1836093 - 08/21/03 04:21 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Watch the blue dot, it might grow to be a green meanie. My friend has noticed that a lot of his cakes used to come out all sorts of different textures, and most likely not to worry about it.

And yes, Abdul should roll the cakes after cold dunk, about this the Americans did not lie. However, there is no reason to remove the existing contamination-free verm that is already on your cakes, keep it there next time.

--------------------
All of my posts are for discussion purposes only. All posts concerning cultivation of mushrooms refer to legal gourmet mushrooms only. Yes, I support monkey-human relationships.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Need help please! [Re: kukusz]
    #1837437 - 08/21/03 03:31 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

sounds like that bastard is doing ok :laugh:
birth da cakes already nashim! :evil:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation