Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisiblePsychonomic
Stranger

Re: Your insight on testosterone boosters [Re: Celestial Traveler]
    #18347837 - 05/31/13 06:15 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I actually do have hypo.  Now that I've told you that, it will be easy for you to dismiss my fatigue as a result of that. But I am taking medicine that is supposed to correct that.

I'd reason that if you have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism then they would have spotted your low T-levels already during that same visit if you did have low test.

More likely you need to up your dose or maybe switch from your Synthroid(or whatever T4 brand you're on) to a combination of T4/T3 if not already so.

Hypo usually requires multiple visits to the doc over the course of months and tweaking the dosage until you feel good. Too little and you feel as you describe.. too much and you also feel like shit in other ways.

But yeah, you're only next move is to visit the doc get a blood test and communicate your issues. Ask about your test levels. Hopefully they're fine and all you need is a bump in your thyroid medication.

What is your current Rx for your hypo?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCelestial Traveler
Random Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Idaho
Re: Your insight on testosterone boosters [Re: Psychonomic]
    #18349207 - 05/31/13 01:34 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
Funny Video              Pokemon But With Animals Instead              B

OfflineOthyem
Male

#18349711 - 05/31/13 03:54 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

You most likely don't have low test. It never hurts to get a blood panel done anyway though. Even something. as low levels of certain vitamins can be causing you to feel that way.

Random Observer
Male User Gallery

#18351231 - 05/31/13 10:39 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Psychonomic said:
Quote:

I actually do have hypo.  Now that I've told you that, it will be easy for you to dismiss my fatigue as a result of that. But I am taking medicine that is supposed to correct that.

I'd reason that if you have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism then they would have spotted your low T-levels already during that same visit if you did have low test.

More likely you need to up your dose or maybe switch from your Synthroid(or whatever T4 brand you're on) to a combination of T4/T3 if not already so.

Hypo usually requires multiple visits to the doc over the course of months and tweaking the dosage until you feel good. Too little and you feel as you describe.. too much and you also feel like shit in other ways.

But yeah, you're only next move is to visit the doc get a blood test and communicate your issues. Ask about your test levels. Hopefully they're fine and all you need is a bump in your thyroid medication.

It's Synthroid.

I have a question though...do low T-levels necessarily accompany low thyroid?

If I have low thyroid, might I also have low T?

--------------------

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
    #18352406 - 06/01/13 06:50 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Celestial Traveler said:
Quote:

Psychonomic said:
Quote:

It's Synthroid.

I have low thyroid and low T.  Get a blood test and see.  They don't necessarily always relate I don't think.  But I'm not an expert so I'm not sure.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychonomic
Stranger

#18354466 - 06/01/13 04:59 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

It's Synthroid.

Your endocrine system is tied together in many ways, but that doesn't necessarily mean if you have one you're going to have the other.
Some people do, some people don't.

Again, your best option is to communicate with your doc. Get a blood test and ask to review the results yourself to see where you stand.

With tsh levels and also test levels, there's no solid line for whats low and whats normal. Different docs have different views on the matter, so you could have one that says you're fine even though you feel like trash and then you could be perfectly fine and have a doc telling you you need to be on 10 different Rx's.

Random Observer
Male User Gallery

#18354812 - 06/01/13 06:49 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Well if normal T-levels are that arbitrary, relative, and inconsistently defined...then I don't really see much point in getting a doctor's advice if their opinion will differ that much from the next doctor.

Still I might see the doctor soon so I am wondering if they can test for TSH levels and Testosterone levels in the same blood test...I would hate to give blood twice.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychonomic
Stranger

#18355424 - 06/01/13 09:25 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Celestial Traveler said:
Well if normal T-levels are that arbitrary, relative, and inconsistently defined...then I don't really see much point in getting a doctor's advice if their opinion will differ that much from the next doctor.

There's a range considered normal.
The avg. guy in his 20s should have T-levels(ng/dl) in the 600s or so.
If your T-levels fall between ~250-1000 though, you're technically considered normal.
Now if your under that low end then every doc will say you have low test.
What sucks is if you're near the low end but still in range.
Lets say, 300. That's obviously well below the avg. guy, but a lot of docs will say you're ok and not give you anything.
Some docs though will feel your pain and try to get your numbers up.

You should listen to what your doc has to say because there could be legitimate reasons for him doing/not doing certain things that you are not aware of.

When you make your visit just make sure to ask to see your results for yourself so you know where you stand.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom