Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington, US Flag
Beginner PF Tek Grow Log - KSSS and Ecuador [First Flush!]
    #18348842 - 05/31/13 12:09 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Preface
    I've been lurking around for the past few years reading, and reading, and reading some more...

Finally got the drive and determination to start my first grow. I have most of my supplies with the exception of a PC or dehydrator, but I will not need them yet.

Before I start, I would just like to thank everyone for their information. Other than the fact that I have never grown mushrooms before, I feel very knowledgable and comfortable with the subject. I have yet to ask any questions on this forum, since most of you already know that the majority of the questions have already been asked and answered.

So, for all of the help everyone here has unknowingly given me, Thank you!

-WolfieNuke

20 May, 2013
    Spores Ordered:
          Spore print - Free Spore Ring (received Ecuador)
          Spore print - Another Free Spore Ring (received Treasure Coast)
          Spore Syringes - Ecuador, Koh Samui Super Strain - Spore Supplier

23 May, 2013
    Spores Received:
          Ecuador, Koh Samui Super Strain
Here are some pics after using 5cc per syringe. Lots of dark specks throughout, and most surprisingly, I received 11cc per syringe.

28 May, 2013
    Completed making my self-healing, filtered jar lids. They each have 4 injection ports, and a double layered tyvek filter. 10 of 12 made, 2 additional lids saved for future use (LC or some other project).

Substrate Recipe: (10) ½ Pint Jars
              Vermiculite                        4 Cups
              Brown Rice Flour                2 Cups
              Water or Dilute Coffee        2 Cups
              Gypsum                            2 Tablespoons (Optional)

Dilute Coffee
        Make a pot of coffee. Drink coffee. Keep the used coffee grinds and make an additional 2 cups of dilute coffee. Or, you can use 1:1 ratio of water and coffee.

Brown Rice Flour
        Organic recommended. If organic brown rice flour is not available, buy organic brown rice and grind using a coffee/spice grinder or food processor until a flour-like consistency. Rye flour can be substituted.

Add coffee/water to vermiculite. Mix gypsum with flour. Coat the wet vermiculite with the flour/gypsum mix. Divide evenly into 10 ½ pint jars leaving ½” space at the top. Wipe dry the top of the jar, and fill the remainder of the jar with dry vermiculite. Cover self-healing lid/ring. Cover Lid with aluminum foil.

30 May, 2013
    Made 10 PF Tek jars using above recipe without gypsum (could only find 40 lb. bags locally). Organic brown rice flour was not available, so I made brown rice flour with organic brown rice and a powerful blender/food processor.
    Sterilized 10 jars using PF Tek method... Steam sterilization for 90 minutes. Waited for all jars to cool (approximately 5 to 6 hours)...

Inoculated:
          5/30/2013 @21:00 - (5) Jars - P. Cubensis Ecuador
          5/30/2013 @21:15 - (5) Jars - P. Cubensis KSSS

My first possible oversight - I did not flame sterilize the syringe between jars, only wiped with alcohol. Only time can tell if there is any adverse effects from this slight mistake. I won't do that again...

Average room temperature is 74 degrees F.

3 June, 2013
    Went a little crazy on eBay... Purchased capsules, a capsule filler, 150g/0.01g scale, and some Syrian Rue for some future experiments... Still need a dehydrator.

4 June, 2013 - (5 days after inoculation)
    Five days after inoculation, I return back home to a wonderful surprise. I was so nervous leaving the day after inoculation. Though, it did force me to have some patience...

I know the white balance is off, but the mycelium is pure white.

Nice mycelium growth, no? Temperature has been perfect so far. No signs of contamination, yet... :smirk:

KSSS seems to be growing slightly faster than the Ecuador, but that is to be expected.

Ecuador: Jars 1-5

KSSS: Jars 1-5

16 June, 2013 - (17 days after inoculation)
    Jars are close to full colonization. 3 jars have a little more than just the bottom to finish. Had one problem with the heat here getting a little high 2 days ago, but growth only slowed a bit and has rebounded quite well...

KSSS on left, Ecuador on right.

I know it is not recommended to flip the jars, but I believe that since my jars are the taller half-pint regular jars, the growth has slowed on the bottom part of the jars. So I made the decision to carefully flip the jars and placed them on a slight tilt to allow for GE. The cakes only slightly moved when flipping - about a millimeter space is between the bottom of the jar and the 'top' of the cake.

18 June, 2013 - (19 days after inoculation)
    Flipping the jars seemed to do the trick and the mycelium is now colonizing the top much faster. I believe that this will get them to 100% by this weekend.

23 June, 2013 - (24 days after inoculation)
    3 jars are now at 100%, starting consolidation. 1 jar is 99%, and the rest are between 90-95%. I will probably be fruiting the 2 Ecuador and the 1 KSSS jars next week and leaving the rest to consolidate and placed in a refrigerator for my vacation, since I don't think they will be ready to harvest before I leave. It's getting very exciting! I will need to finish my SGFC this week, the top has holes drilled, but the rest need to be done. Hopefully I can get it finished and prep the perlite to check the humidity levels. Humidity in the room is usually about 60-65%, so a 35% increase shouldn't be hard with the shotgun method.

25 June, 2013 - (26 days after inoculation)
    I got my first in vitro pin... It's very tiny, and my iPhone can't focus on it but it is there! I decided that the first three cakes will be birthed a little early - like in three more days for a total of 5 days consolidation. A 24 hr dunk, then rolled in verm and placed in the SGFC to start it's evaporation to trigger pinning and fruiting. Hopefully this will give it enough time to fruit and be harvested by July 12th. I was hoping for the 4th of July, but it's looking like it will be a little late this year. :frown:

26 June, 2013 - (27 days after inoculation)
The little guy grew a bit overnight, so I grabbed my DSLR and snapped a quick picture for a remembrance of my first pin. It's KSSS by the way.

Also, one of the Ecuador jars has a tiny pin as well. This one is the size of the KSSS pin when I saw it last night. This time I have my DSLR to capture it!

I decided to birth a four of the ten cakes this afternoon. I started to notice a few more pins on the cakes, and thought that a half a week consolidation almost a month after inoculation should be fine. Two of each variety was birthed and more larger pins were seen at the top vermiculite layer. All of the cakes has a slight mushroom scent and no off odors. They were immediately dunked following a quick rinse. I'm shooting for a 18 hour dunk.

Also just finished my shotgun terrarium. Took about an hour and a half to complete with a little break in the middle (Damn, there are a lot of holes!). Will be filling with new perlite and testing the humidity levels for tomorrow's events. RH is very high now, so it should be at 100% RH by morning.

A couple of hours later... and now my shotgun is at the ideal temperature and humidity!

27 June, 2013 - (28 days after inoculation)
Rolled and placed 4 jars in to fruiting conditions after 18 hour dunk. I am going to avoid misting for a while until fruits start to show to allow for evaporation, to initiate pinning. Time to wait some  more...

29 June, 2013 - (30 days after inoculation)
All jars are 100% and pinning. After much internal debate, I decided to fruit them even though I only have 2 weeks before my trip. My hope is that I can get at least one flush out of them before I leave. To make up for this decision, I am making LC before I leave so that I can hopefully have some good healthy mycelium that I can use when I get back.

My newest Pins!!!

Made 4 half pint jars of Liquid Culture (LC), filled about half of each jar. Used about 20g of Honey and 0.5 tsp of yeast for 600ml LC. It came out a bit cloudy, possibly due to the yeast even though I strained it twice. Steam sterilized for about 45 minutes and left to cool. Will be inoculating with Ecuador, Koh Samui, Gulf Coast and Huautla.

Finished my Still Air Box (SAB). Took a empty tin can of tomatoes and heated it in the oven to 550°F. It melted almost all the way through and I easily finished the hole with an exacto. Didn't come out perfect, but it will do. The holes have a 4 inch diameter.

30 June, 2013 - (3 days after birth)
Woke up to some nice sized pin growth and and some new ones poking their heads out of the vermiculite... Enjoy the pics!

Edited by WolfieNuke (07/04/13 11:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Beginner PF Tek Grow Log - KSSS and Equador [Re: WolfieNuke]
    #18348902 - 05/31/13 12:22 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Are those pint jars?
You want Wide Mouth 1/2 Pint jars.
Hopefully they work out, but sometimes they stall due to the larger substrate.

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Beginner PF Tek Grow Log - KSSS and Equador [Re: TranscendingLife]
    #18348922 - 05/31/13 12:27 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TranscendingLife said:
Are those pint jars?
You want Wide Mouth 1/2 Pint jars.
Hopefully they work out, but sometimes they stall due to the larger substrate.

Half-Pint Regular mouth... They are all I could find locally. They do not have a lip, so the cakes will come out smooth. After this grow I will get wide mouths.

InvisibleTranscendingLife
I Don't Need a Life to Live
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Beginner PF Tek Grow Log - KSSS and Equador [Re: WolfieNuke]
    #18348965 - 05/31/13 12:36 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Yea. 1/2 Pint Wide Mouths can be a bit hard to find.
I found mine at the local hardware store.

--------------------
AMU: We Quickly Answer Questions Here
"One must accept the probability of failure to experience the elation of success." - TranscendingLife
“A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
:sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop::wow:How I Do EVERYTHING:wow::sporedrop::sporedrop::mushroomgrow::sporedrop::sporedrop:
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart…. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."- Carl Jung
"Anything that can be done chemically can be done by other means."- William S. Burroughs
"You are as dead now as you will ever be" - Seth

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Beginner PF Tek Grow Log - KSSS and Ecuador [Re: WolfieNuke]
    #18370581 - 06/04/13 11:42 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

3 June, 2013
    Went a little crazy on eBay... Purchased capsules, a capsule filler, 150g/0.01g scale, and some Syrian Rue for some future experiments... Still need a dehydrator.

4 June, 2013 - Day 5
    Five days after inoculation, I return back home to a wonderful surprise. I was so nervous leaving the day after inoculation. Though, it did force me to have some patience...

I know the white balance is off, but the mycelium is pure white.

Nice mycelium growth, no? Temperature has been perfect so far. No signs of contamination, yet... :smirk:

KSSS seems to be growing slightly faster than the Ecuador, but that is to be expected.

Ecuador - Jar 1

Ecuador - Jar 2

Ecuador - Jar 3

Ecuador - Jar 4

Ecuador - Jar 5

KSSS - Jar 1

KSSS - Jar 2

KSSS - Jar 3

KSSS - Jar 4

KSSS - Jar 5

Edited by WolfieNuke (06/04/13 11:44 PM)

Offlinecaveman5055
Stranger
 User Gallery

#18370585 - 06/04/13 11:44 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

HELL YEAH!!!!! GJ man

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Beginner PF Tek Grow Log - KSSS and Ecuador [Re: caveman5055]
    #18426818 - 06/16/13 09:38 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Update:

16 June, 2013 - (16 days after inoculation)
    Jars are close to full colonization. 3 jars have a little more than just the bottom to finish. Had one problem with the heat here getting a little high 2 days ago, but growth only slowed a bit and has rebounded quite well...

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#18462486 - 06/23/13 08:30 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Update:

23 June, 2013 - (24 days after inoculation)
    3 jars are now at 100%, starting consolidation. 1 jar is 99%, and the rest are between 90-95%. I will probably be fruiting the 2 Ecuador and the 1 KSSS jars next week and leaving the rest to consolidate and placed in a refrigerator for my vacation, since I don't think they will be ready to harvest before I leave. It's getting very exciting! I will need to finish my SGFC this week, the top has holes drilled, but the rest need to be done. Hopefully I can get it finished and prep the perlite to check the humidity levels. Humidity in the room is usually about 60-65%, so a 35% increase shouldn't be hard with the shotgun method.

OfflineBearsysRevenge
Adminfiltrator

Loc: Location Location
    #18462550 - 06/23/13 08:44 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

I'm excited to see how this does! You seem much more prepared than I am haha.

--------------------
I'm a nice guy with a fancy, bejewled penis. Rubies, etc.
I am honest, except in relationships.
I'm the kind of guy who'll tell you I love you, just to make some cash.
(It never works, but that is the kind of guy I am: deceitful and ineffective).

Check out my first grow. Second flush in progress!

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Beginner PF Tek Grow Log - KSSS and Ecuador [Re: BearsysRevenge]
    #18471732 - 06/25/13 08:14 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Update:

25 June, 2013 - (26 days after inoculation)
    I got my first in vitro pin... It's very tiny, and my iPhone can't focus on it but it is there! I decided that the first three cakes will be birthed a little early - like in three more days for a total of 5 days consolidation. A 24 hr dunk, then rolled in verm and placed in the SGFC to start it's evaporation to trigger pinning and fruiting. Hopefully this will give it enough time to fruit and be harvested by July 12th. I was hoping for the 4th of July, but it's looking like it will be a little late this year. :frown:

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#18473873 - 06/26/13 09:13 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Update:

The little guy grew a bit overnight, so I grabbed my DSLR and snapped a quick picture for a remembrance of my first pin. It's KSSS by the way.

Also, one of the Ecuador jars has a tiny pin as well. This one is the size of the KSSS pin when I saw it last night. This time I have my DSLR to capture it!

I decided to birth a four of the ten cakes this afternoon. I started to notice a few more pins on the cakes, and thought that a half a week consolidation almost a month after inoculation should be fine. Two of each variety was birthed and more larger pins were seen at the top vermiculite layer. All of the cakes has a slight mushroom scent and no off odors.

Edited by WolfieNuke (06/26/13 12:09 PM)

InvisibleB_BOY
Phuck Ewe
Male User Gallery

Loc: O
    #18473881 - 06/26/13 09:17 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

WolfieNuke said:
Update:

:rockon:

--------------------
:tard:

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Beginner PF Tek Grow Log - KSSS and Ecuador [Re: B_BOY]
    #18476737 - 06/26/13 09:20 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Update:

I decided to birth a four of the ten cakes this afternoon. I started to notice a few more pins on the cakes, and thought that a half a week consolidation almost a month after inoculation should be fine. Two of each variety was birthed and more larger pins were seen at the top vermiculite layer. All of the cakes has a slight mushroom scent and no off odors. They were immediately dunked following a quick rinse. I'm shooting for a 18 hour dunk.

Also just finished my shotgun terrarium. Took about an hour and a half to complete with a little break in the middle (Damn, there are a lot of holes!). Will be filling with new perlite and testing the humidity levels for tomorrow's events. RH is very high now, so it should be at 100% RH by morning.

A couple of hours later... and now my shotgun is at the ideal temperature and humidity!

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#18478130 - 06/27/13 05:25 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Update:

27 June, 2013 - (28 days after inoculation)
Rolled and placed 4 jars in to fruiting conditions after 18 hour dunk. I am going to avoid misting for a while until fruits start to show to allow for evaporation, to initiate pinning. Time to wait some  more...

OfflineBearsysRevenge
Adminfiltrator

#18478254 - 06/27/13 06:37 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

:manofapproval:

--------------------

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#18488758 - 06/29/13 03:57 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Update:

29 June, 2013 - (30 days after inoculation)
All jars are 100% and pinning. After much internal debate, I decided to fruit them even though I only have 2 weeks before my trip. My hope is that I can get at least one flush out of them before I leave. To make up for this decision, I am making LC before I leave so that I can hopefully have some good healthy mycelium that I can use when I get back.

My newest Pins!!!

Made 4 half pint jars of Liquid Culture (LC), filled about half of each jar. Used about 20g of Honey and 0.5 tsp of yeast for 600ml LC. It came out a bit cloudy, possibly due to the yeast even though I strained it twice. Steam sterilized for about 45 minutes and left to cool. Will be inoculating with Ecuador, Koh Samui, Gulf Coast and Huautla.

Finished my Still Air Box (SAB). Took a empty tin can of tomatoes and heated it in the oven to 550°F. It melted almost all the way through and I easily finished the hole with an exacto. Didn't come out perfect, but it will do. The holes have a 4 inch diameter.

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#18489939 - 06/29/13 08:37 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

A little off topic, but I wanted to show off my homemade inoculation loop. I made it with kanthal wire that I use for my electronic cigarette atomizers, and an X-acto knife handle.

I spun the wire around a pen to make the loop with the wires twisted for strength. I then heated the entire wire and quenched in water to straighten and strengthen the wire. I cut it to size and fitted on the X-acto handle in place of the blade.

It didn't cost me a thing since everything was on hand.

Edited by WolfieNuke (06/29/13 11:34 PM)

OfflineBearsysRevenge
Adminfiltrator

#18490167 - 06/29/13 09:39 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Wtf is that for lol?

--------------------

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#18490249 - 06/29/13 10:07 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

It's used to take the spores off of a print with minimum damage to the spores. Some people just use a scalpel or x-acto, but that can damage spores or break/cut the foil. You just take the loop and gently pass it over the print, and deposit them into your sterile syringe water.

OfflineBearsysRevenge
Adminfiltrator

#18490499 - 06/29/13 11:31 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Oh that's awesome thanks. I'll definitely be making something like that in the very near future.

--------------------

Offlinekoolrashad
Stranger
Male

#18490527 - 06/29/13 11:39 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

nice grow. You have everything more than prepared. Im interested to see what your first flush is going to look like. dont forget to post the weight!

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Beginner PF Tek Grow Log - KSSS and Ecuador [Re: koolrashad]
    #18491487 - 06/30/13 08:38 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Update:

30 June, 2013 - (3 days after birth)
Woke up to some nice sized pin growth and and some new ones poking their heads out of the vermiculite... Enjoy the pics!

Edited by WolfieNuke (06/30/13 09:04 PM)

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#18494516 - 06/30/13 09:04 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

+10 hours

So, how do they look? Healthy? Does my misting/fanning schedule look like it's working?

Also, I will be leaving for a job for 2 days. I will heavily mist and fan before I leave and also add some water to the perlite using a spare syringe (probably about 100-150ml). Do you think I will make it back before veils start to open? My job wanted me to stay the week, but I think max 3 days until I get spores dropping (just a guess though).

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#18502258 - 07/02/13 01:44 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

OfflineBearsysRevenge
Adminfiltrator

#18502298 - 07/02/13 01:55 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Looking great man! Do you have them raised off of the Perlite?

--------------------

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#18502315 - 07/02/13 01:58 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

It's hard to see but there is foil under them, I've just been a little haphazard with the vermiculite. I left for a job yesterday and gave them a heavy coat of vermiculite, of which some has fallen off. That, and the foil was shaped from the circumference of the jar lid, so only 1 cm larger than the actual cakes.

Invisiblerefried
Re: Beginner PF Tek Grow Log - KSSS and Ecuador *DELETED* [Re: WolfieNuke]
    #18502463 - 07/02/13 02:35 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by refried

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Beginner PF Tek Grow Log - KSSS and Ecuador [Re: refried]
    #18502533 - 07/02/13 02:51 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldn't recommend it. I wanted some thermometer, this one caught my eye due to the 24 hour high/low. The humidity measurement is not to be trusted, but with a SGFC it should be 99% constant. I had to take it out of the box for a night when the screen dimmed to the point of it being unreadable. It was probably due to the high humidity. 10 hours later it worked fine.

I'll probably be buying some analog meters before my next grow, along with a PC and agar supplies.

Offlineblojo02184
Big Red
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maine
    #18502540 - 07/02/13 02:53 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Careful with that temp/hygrometer, I had the same one... Shit the bed 2 weeks into it.

Couldn't take the high humidity.

Nice grow

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Beginner PF Tek Grow Log - KSSS and Ecuador [Re: blojo02184]
    #18505696 - 07/03/13 05:48 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Uh-oh... Look at what happened this morning:

Good thing I'll be home later this evening...

OfflineBearsysRevenge
Adminfiltrator

#18505823 - 07/03/13 06:48 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Nice!

--------------------

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#18506057 - 07/03/13 08:38 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Here is a pic from 2 days ago:

Here is a pic from yesterday morning:

This is from now, 2 days after the first picture and 1 day after the second:
(First and third pictures are 48 hours apart)

Here is a 3 hour time lapse taken this morning at ~30 minute increments:

You can see the veil start to tear on one mushroom and another one in the back almost ready to topple over.

I can't wait to get home tonight to get them ready for a great 4th of July - The fireworks will be amazing!

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#18507120 - 07/03/13 02:10 PM (10 years, 8 months ago)

"I'm coming home guys... Don't you drop your spores yet!!!"

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#18511445 - 07/04/13 11:26 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Got home to a couple of mushrooms dropping spores, but not too bad. The FC was a bit on the dry side, but for two days with no intervention it seemed to do a good job.

Harvested over 140g fresh mushrooms, hopefully over 1/2 oz dried. 4 cakes were dried overnight and are now dunking.

I tried about 17 grams last night with 2.5g syrian rue to potentiate. Definitely level 2.5 - to the point the open eyed visuals are almost the same as closed eyed. It was fairly short of a trip, well into the comedown about 3 hours in but a nice steady peak for almost an hour. I am very impressed with this combination.

FIRST FLUSH:
Final weight:
          26.2g dried, just under an ounce (plus the 17 grams fresh I already consumed) - so about an ounce.

Edited by WolfieNuke (07/04/13 03:13 PM)

Invisiblerefried
Re: Beginner PF Tek Grow Log - KSSS and Ecuador *DELETED* [Re: WolfieNuke]
    #18514482 - 07/05/13 03:14 AM (10 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by refried

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#18873103 - 09/21/13 05:16 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Syrian rue really puts psychedelics into overdrive. I'm always afraid to use it because I hate fear of interactions. But this is an awesome DIY job, and a good first flush as well!

OfflineWolfieNuke
Professional Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Beginner PF Tek Grow Log - KSSS and Ecuador [Re: Fractal420]
    #18873341 - 09/21/13 06:45 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

I have only experimented with either syrian rue or mushrooms at a low dose, and have only done it a few times. It is not a bad combination, other than the nausea caused by the rue. I have been trying to determine a safe low dosage of rue for it's maoi properties without excessive nausea...

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#18874248 - 09/21/13 11:19 PM (10 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

WolfieNuke said:
I have only experimented with either syrian rue or mushrooms at a low dose, and have only done it a few times. It is not a bad combination, other than the nausea caused by the rue. I have been trying to determine a safe low dosage of rue for it's maoi properties without excessive nausea...

Personally, I find MAOIs unnecessary. I think if someone wants to trip harder, with more of a novelty aspect, maybe add 4subs or smoke some DMT. I think MAOIs are pretty dangerous simply because if you take any medications, it can cause issues. Even smoking grass is way different. Adding another psychedelic (especially a tryptamine) might be intense, but its a safe way to complement the experience. As for the -mipt thing, that's (IMO) second to nature in awesomeness. Nothing beats actual mana (especially tea). But some people like the clean comeup and sharp intensity of the 4subs. And I don't like DMT much, but some people swear by it as a complement to psilo. I find D profound and very interesting but its too "wham bam" for my taste, with not too much gained

OfflineJozz
Hello Nurse
Female

Loc: US Flag
    #22443132 - 10/28/15 02:21 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

How did this thermometer end up working out for you??

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Beginner PF Tek Grow Log - KSSS and Ecuador [Re: Jozz]
    #22443179 - 10/28/15 02:41 AM (8 years, 4 months ago)

:facepalm:

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

OfflineShr00m28
Stranger
Re: Beginner PF Tek Grow Log - KSSS and Ecuador [First Flush!] [Re: WolfieNuke]
    #26685910 - 05/21/20 03:02 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Hi there! Great information! I am just about to start my first grow too with this strain. Did you keep your jars in a dark room? Or did you leave them out?

Thank you!

OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Beginner PF Tek Grow Log - KSSS and Ecuador [Re: Shr00m28]
    #26685914 - 05/21/20 03:05 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Check the thread dates, I wouldn’t use any info from stuff over a few years ago. Things change quick around here and I’ve only been going for six months.

Light is always good.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder