Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

A game, if you will
    #1834862 - 08/20/03 09:13 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Politics, to me, seems to be a controlled man's (as in human's) game. I can't back that up. Obviously.

I want you let you people in on a little seceret, however. It's fairly ironic. I would say I was a liberal, if I had to say such things. This website 'made' me that way. Every day I find myself sliding further and further to the right. Why? Because of this website. Luvdemshrooms makes more sense than a vast majority of the posters here. Rono, too. All the people you (as in the vast majority) consider as 'crazy right wingers'.

I know a lot of you cannot see things from a third perspective, but I'm going to try to give you one. A lot of unintelligent conversation goes on here, and because of this, most of the comments posted are unsurprising and tiring. I don't know if its because of the average age, or because the sense of elitism has a downward (upward?) spiral effect.

I don't have any suggestions for change, per se. I am just posting an observation. Also, I see nothing wrong with anyones convictions, as we need people in all areas of the bell curve, but try not to slide into a rut, please.

Politics is a controlled man's game. If things were any different, they would be. Can you change things? Sure, but in that case, you would have changed them, making things the way they are/were... no?

Thank you for reading.

Edited by Anonymous (08/20/03 09:22 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewingnutx
Re: A game, if you will [Re: ]
    #1834915 - 08/20/03 09:27 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

My guess is that Rono would chafe at being called a righty.

Nice little essay, though :smile:

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1835038 - 08/20/03 09:59 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

So whats the game? :laugh:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
    #1835148 - 08/20/03 10:26 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: 

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1835180 - 08/20/03 10:32 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I have changed my positions on some subjects, mainly gun control, since registering on this website, but I would have to say that the ratio of idiots to intelligent people on this board is about equal among both liberals and conservatives, just as it is with pretty much any group.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect

Loc: In my pants
Re: A game, if you will [Re: Cornholio]
    #1835186 - 08/20/03 10:34 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not sure I understood most of that. Maybe I'm just tired. But did that guy just say that luvdemshrooms makes more sense than most of the people who post here? Since when does closed minded rhetoric, circular logic, name calling, and doublespeak make more sense than... well, anything?

Christ, I'm getting crotchety in my old age.

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: A game, if you will [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1835191 - 08/20/03 10:35 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

he also said "I would say I was a liberal, if I had to say such things. This website 'made' me that way. Every day I find myself sliding further and further to the right"

does that make any sense?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: A game, if you will [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1835215 - 08/20/03 10:39 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

What a cute lil' fella.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect

Loc: In my pants
Re: A game, if you will [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1835248 - 08/20/03 10:45 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Not a bit of. Sense, that is.

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1835344 - 08/20/03 11:07 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Luvdemshrooms makes more sense than a vast majority of the posters here. Rono, too. All the people you (as in the vast majority) consider as 'crazy right wingers'.

Trust me...me and Luvdem are about as far apart on the political spectrum as two people can get.  I'm glad you can relate to my posts though... :wink:

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
Re: A game, if you will [Re: Rono]
    #1835352 - 08/20/03 11:10 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Damn you Rono!  You made a liberal slide further and further to the right!  :devil:

Of course, if he considers your views crazy right wing, then I guess it's ok.  :mushroom2: 

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1835354 - 08/20/03 11:12 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

He sees the you that you could be if only you'd abandon the dark side.

Come to the light. Come to the right.

It's not too late for you Rono.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1835361 - 08/20/03 11:15 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You'd have to give up your money bride though.

We don't look kindly upon those type of shenanigans down here.

Cross burnin, children eatin, cat kickin, and slave whippin is OK, but no monkey lovin.

--------------------

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: A game, if you will [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1835369 - 08/20/03 11:19 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Don't listen to him Rono,he will turn you into one of his little effecient robots.Then he'll install cameras to watch your every move,and if you disagree you are a terrorist. You will never be able to use psychedelics again,and you will be forced into snorting shitty coke all day.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: A game, if you will [Re: monoamine]
    #1835390 - 08/20/03 11:25 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

:loveeyes:

The timing of the pulsing eyes is slowly making you sleepy... sleepppyyyy.... sleeeeepppppyyyyyyyyy.

You are now totally hypnotized....

You will immediately log on to Amazon and order 2 dozen copies of Ann Coulters new book.

You will then awake and remember nothing.

Nothing that is, until the books show up. At that time your trance shall resume. You will get Ann's face tattooed on your chest, Ronnies face on your back, and GB on the left cheek, GWB on the right!

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: A game, if you will [Re: monoamine]
    #1835391 - 08/20/03 11:25 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

And remember: Us liberals have most of the best musicians, artists, and poets. Do you really want to abandon Rage Against the Machine and Soundgarden for Garth Brooks and Dwight Yokum?

--------------------

Offlinewingnutx
Re: A game, if you will [Re: silversoul7]
    #1835405 - 08/20/03 11:28 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

How about we bury all 4 of those and never mention them again.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1835413 - 08/20/03 11:30 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
And remember: Us liberals have most of the best musicians, artists, and poets. Do you really want to abandon Rage Against the Machine and Soundgarden for Garth Brooks and Dwight Yokum?

I always pictured you as an Osmonds / Jackson 5 / Hanson / Back street Boy's kind of guy.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: A game, if you will [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1835422 - 08/20/03 11:32 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

@ all those bands.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#1835427 - 08/20/03 11:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Something we can agree on.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion