Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineebuk
Stranger
denied
    #1834631 - 08/20/03 07:57 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i have a little dilemna that has been bothering me lately. i cant seem to get off on shrooms anymore. it is bugging the shit out of me. i will dose, and about 20 minutes later feel the first effects. then nothing, followed by a nasty hangover the next day. this has happened quite a few times. my shrooms are good. theres no question about potency. i just seem to have become blunted. the last three times i dosed i spacd out each trip by two weeks, then 4 days and then two weeks again. nothing. just a nasty feeling the next day. headache, inability to focus, body pain. has this happened to anyone else? what did you do about it? i am thinking maybe it has to do with external factors like stress, set and setting. the thing is i would even welcome a bad trip at this point but nothing. oh well, i thought i would share my situation. maybe someone can help, and either way im going to wait a month and try again.

--------------------
as days go by we drift away into a world of never ending change.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
Re: denied [Re: ebuk]
    #1834664 - 08/20/03 08:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Wow thats weird, I have no idea what that could be. Are you sure you didn't just get a bad batch of shrooms or something?

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: denied [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #1834672 - 08/20/03 08:14 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

maybe your body is saying "Chill out on the shooms for a while." I'd say wait a whole month and try again.

--------------------

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #1834765 - 08/20/03 08:45 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yea man, try waiting more than 2 weeks. try 2 months. don't be in any rush. also, how do you know these shrooms are good?

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
Re: denied [Re: entiformatie]
    #1834781 - 08/20/03 08:50 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

What dose are you taking?

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

Offlineeggystardust
Viva elDirector!

Re: denied [Re: jtseaweed]
    #1835466 - 08/20/03 11:40 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Were these shrooms from the same batch? Could be something wrong with the shrooms themselves...

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #1835605 - 08/21/03 12:27 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Two weeks is the bare minimum . You're probably just building more and more tolerance each time. Wait a month or preferably two between trips. Respect the mushrooms and they'll do you right, but treat them like a party drug and they'll get mad at ya.

-Diploid

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlineebuk
Stranger
Re: denied [Re: Diploid]
    #1837457 - 08/21/03 03:40 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the responses bros,
to answer your questions:
respect: they are good, i have picked them fresh and dried them personally. everyone ive given them to has had magical experiences.
noviseer: i may be inclined to agree, maybe the time is all wrong, plus my girl doesnt exactly support me when i try to trip. very problematic.
etitformatie: i have about 20 dry ounces that i have collected during this rain season, they are ALL good. i have mostly cubes and some pans. like i said earlier, everyone who has tried them has melted.
jtseaweed: i have been doing medium doses. grams? not a clue. ill eat 3 medium sized shrooms or 6 small ones. my last good trip was about 2 months ago. i must have eaten over half an ounce all together. and it wasnt by any means a strong trip. very beautiful, but not strong or spiritual.
eggystardust: these shrooms are all mixed up as far as batches. i put cubes together and pans together, thats all ive found this season. as soon as theyre dry the go in the bag, when the bag is full, i start a new one.
diploid: i definitely respect the shrooms, and to me they are not a party drug. hell, to me they are not a drug. but you may be right, as far as me building up a tolerance each time.

well, if in a month the problem remains the same i will probably give up on mushrooms for a while, there is a reason for everything, even if we dont understand that reason. maybe i need to meditate for a while and lay off of everything, but then again i have laid off of everything. for the past year i have only smoked weed and eaten shrooms. but oh well.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1837526 - 08/21/03 04:02 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Do you get any reaction from touching the mushrooms even if you don't eat them? You might have become sensitized to them... which would suck. Basically it means your body views the mushroom as a pathogen and attacks it. The reaction will be anything from a rash or hives to flu like symptoms. I think time is your best friend for getting past whatever it is that is going on. Wait a few months and see if things get better.

If you are really jonesing, you might try to do an extraction and gelcap the white crystals that result. As long as your extraction is clean, there will not be anything of the mushroom other than the magic left in the gelcaps.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlineebuk
Stranger
Re: denied [Re: Seuss]
    #1851200 - 08/26/03 01:28 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

a couple of years ago i developed a particular taste when i have them close. i will get a sensation that shoots from my jaw to my eyes, a metallic taste somewhat like blood. it happens everytime i dose or even have them close. or when i am preparing a dose for someone else. also, when i first started shrooming they tasted like dirt. now they taste like... well, blood, and there is a strong revulsion everytime i eat them. i just mix them with honey, chocolate or my favorite, i will blend them with some orange juice and passion fruit. oh well. im gonna lay off probably until my birthday and then im going to go to a mountain and lose myself for a couple of days. i will eat then. thanks and later bros.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience