Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblelessismore
Re: Whats the deal with Psychologists [Re: lolwut]
    #18642853 - 08/01/13 08:01 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lolwut said:
Today as part of my ongoing care for Bipolar Type 1 I was prescribed a psychologist. This was after spending 2 years with another health team and they didn't even mention it.

Just wondering what its like having a psychologist, if they are any good, what goes on, etc.

I hear they cause more problems than they solve.

I heard the opposite

Usually it's psychiatrists who have a bad rumor for prescribing you pills no matter what you come for, taking blood samples to make sure you eat their pills, and locking the door when you enter :-)

But I was once at a psychiatrist, I managed to get out without a subscription and he actually believed me

Was a young one, I guess they're not as much into the whole psychiatry system believing pills solve every problem in the world

I think a psychologists can probably help most people, and they don't prescribe pills as much/if at all I heard
The only problem is they charge $200-220 an hour here :-)
if you get it paid, do it :-)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelessismore
Re: Whats the deal with Psychologists [Re: lessismore]
    #18642869 - 08/01/13 08:08 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Btw my best way of dealing with problems in daily life is to realize that most suffering is self-created

Never live as thoughts/desires/emotions

it brings unhappiness,attachments,worries,fear,frustration

instead live by your heart, do what you love at all times, and appreciate it

live now, never worry

peace

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Whats the deal with Psychologists [Re: lessismore]
    #18647743 - 08/02/13 05:06 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mio said:
Btw my best way of dealing with problems in daily life is to realize that most suffering is self-created

live now, never worry

So we should never plan for the future or think about what we've done wrong in the past so that we can learn from our mistakes?  Got it.  We should give up thoughts and desires too?  Shit, I was going to desire to become a better person and start meditating more but I wouldn't want to get attached to those thoughts so I won't now.  And do what I love at all times?  Great!  Fuck waking up early to go to work... I love sleeping in and spending my time on the things that interest ME instead of what pays the bills.  But hey, at least now I won't have to worry about paying the bills because that's just negative attachment to thought AND an act of self-creating worry.  I'm living in the now!  :rockon:

:awebig:

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: Whats the deal with Psychologists [Re: deCypher]
    #18648111 - 08/02/13 07:38 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

mio said:

live now, never worry

So we should never plan for the future or think about what we've done wrong in the past so that we can learn from our mistakes?  Got it.  We should give up thoughts and desires too?  Shit, I was going to desire to become a better person and start meditating more but I wouldn't want to get attached to those thoughts so I won't now.  And do what I love at all times?  Great!  Fuck waking up early to go to work... I love sleeping in and spending my time on the things that interest ME instead of what pays the bills.  But hey, at least now I won't have to worry about paying the bills because that's just negative attachment to thought AND an act of self-creating worry.  I'm living in the now!  :rockon:

Soon enough you will be living in the street.  In the gutter, more specifically.  But the coolness of the concrete, the fun of water play, and the admiration of passersby will make it all worth your while. 

So, when OP gets "free" treatment, and it's still not good enough, are we to "help" him understand his problem that doesn't exist?  I mean I would figure the "deal" with Psycho doctors is the same worldwide.  Person is crazy, goes to college to understand why that is and charge other crazy people big bucks to pay off their student loans. 

I mean seriously, when you heard someone say they are majoring in psych, didn't the warning bells of crazy start ringing?  Like if they said sociology it is clear they are seriously deluded as well and may think they can help others by taking their kids away and putting them in foster homes.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: Whats the deal with Psychologists [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #18648139 - 08/02/13 07:48 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I mean I would figure the "deal" with Psycho doctors is the same worldwide.  Person is crazy, goes to college to understand why that is and charge other crazy people big bucks to pay off their student loans. 

By this logic police are criminals, doctors are physically hurt and teachers in elementary school forgot how to read and write.

--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: Whats the deal with Psychologists [Re: liquidlounge]
    #18648160 - 08/02/13 07:57 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

liquidlounge said:
I mean I would figure the "deal" with Psycho doctors is the same worldwide.  Person is crazy, goes to college to understand why that is and charge other crazy people big bucks to pay off their student loans. 

By this logic police are criminals, doctors are physically hurt and teachers in elementary school forgot how to read and write.

Let's start with your first premise.  "Just as every cop is a criminal".  Not sure about your doctors and teachers analogy as that made little sense and not what I am trying to convey at all.

Crazy is, as Crazy does.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: Whats the deal with Psychologists [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #18648204 - 08/02/13 08:09 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Do you not understand or do you not agree?

What you write means "your choice in education and work reflects your issues", but maybe this is only in regards to a majority of psychologists worldwide?

--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

Invisiblebirdland

Re: Whats the deal with Psychologists [Re: lolwut]
    #18648534 - 08/02/13 09:44 AM (10 years, 7 months ago)

I had a psychologist on and off for 2 years working to help with depression and anxiety.

Whether or not she actually helped me my depression and anxiety have both lessened a lot in general. (I'd say it did help me quite a bit)

We worked a bit on being mindful and recognising the relationship between thoughts, feelings and actions. There were plenty of other things too but these two are what stick out the most. I'm now far more mindful, especially of my thoughts and I can recognise irrational and unhelpful thoughts/mental habits much sooner.

It's also nice to chat with someone who is interested in you and cares about your wellbeing (not that all psychologists would). I mean even though they get paid to do this, I can't imagine many taking this career path if it wasn't something they enjoyed. My experience with CBT and mindfulness has been positive.

Now I just remembered I saw a psychologist for a bit when I was child and that was a complete waste of time. I was too hard a case to crack back then I guess; wouldn't open up to anyone.:lol: I was a fucked up kid... I feel really lucky I turned out as okay as I did considering :grin:

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Re: Whats the deal with Psychologists [Re: deCypher]
    #18651027 - 08/02/13 06:54 PM (10 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

mio said:

live now, never worry

The worry IMO sprouts up when I get caught in trying to control the future rather than letting it unfold through natural action; like breathing. Have you ever tried to create natural breathing? It's a total contradiction IME.

Or maybe it's that I get caught in trying to control the future when worry arises. Hard for me to tease it apart at this point. I'll look into it :kodama:

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale