Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineshakta
Infidel
Abbas breaks off talks with Hammas and IJ
    #1831938 - 08/20/03 12:06 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Palestinian sources told CNN that Abbas began holding meetings with his ministers and heads of security after the bombing, and decided to break off talks with the two militant groups. The source said the Palestinian Authority blames Hamas and Islamic Jihad for severely damaging the interests of the Palestinian people.

The authority is also considering additional measures against the groups, details of which will be announced in a few days.

Abbas, who was meeting in Gaza with Islamic Jihad representatives when the bomber struck, has canceled meetings and travel plans, and will remain in Gaza to monitor developments.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/08/19/jerusalem.bombing/index.html

I think this attack shows the distinct difference between the likes of Hammas and the Israelis. I am not saying that the Israelis have not done things they should not have, but there is a difference between the two. This was revenge for killing one of the leaders of Hammas. Hammas' main goal is to kill all of the Israelis. The difference between these two acts is obvious. At any rate, Abbas seems to be through with them, at least for now. Hopefully he will start holding up his end of the deal, and do something about them. He is going to have to do something to show that he is serious. These words sound great. I hope they are followed by action.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Abbas breaks off talks with Hammas and IJ [Re: shakta]
    #1832564 - 08/20/03 07:22 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I saw somewhere this morning that he wants those responsible arrested. I think he knows that Israel is not going to stand for this type of thing for much longer.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1832573 - 08/20/03 07:29 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

shakta said:
I saw somewhere this morning that he wants those responsible arrested. I think he knows that Israel is not going to stand for this type of thing for much longer.

It's amazing they stood for it this long.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
Re: Abbas breaks off talks with Hammas and IJ [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1832711 - 08/20/03 08:32 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
It's amazing they stood for it this long. 

Stood for what for this long?  This whole thing has been a back and forth child's game for as long as I can remember.  There's been a cease fire in place since 29 Jun which  Israel broke first, followed up by more back and forth killings.  I'm confused.  :confused:

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Abbas breaks off talks with Hammas and IJ [Re: Cornholio]
    #1832716 - 08/20/03 08:33 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Please tell me you can see the difference between killing a leader of Hammas, and 20 civilians on a bus. Israel never agreed to the 'cease fire' anyway because of it's ridiculous demands.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1832760 - 08/20/03 08:56 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Up until the homicide bombings started, I'd agree with you. Both sides made complete and total asses of themselves.

Once the bombings started, the tide shifted and the Israelis have showed remarkable restraint.

Personally, I think that after they identify the bomber, his family should cease to exist. I imagine after a few times, either the bombers would cut way back, or their families would start turning them in before they killed others.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1832761 - 08/20/03 08:57 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Of course I see the difference. The United States gives Israel the weapons and technology to target the leader of Hamas; while the Palestinians don't have the ability to do the same to the leader of Israel. I guess that gives Israel a free pass to kill at will?

Important point: I'm not defending Hamas, I'm criticizing Israel.

--------------------

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

#1832772 - 08/20/03 09:03 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Up until the homicide bombings started, I'd agree with you. Both sides made complete and total asses of themselves.

Once the bombings started, the tide shifted and the Israelis have showed remarkable restraint.

Both sides feel they need to have the last kill.  It never ends.  If one side just would stop, progress might might finally be made.  It's just like you and Alex arguing.  Your posts will go on for pages and pages, because both of you insist on having the last word.  :wink: 

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1832779 - 08/20/03 09:07 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

:lol: It's not the last word I'm looking for, it's for him to be a man and admit he said something he can't back up.

Just about everyone else here can do it.

--------------------

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1832880 - 08/20/03 09:51 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Personally, I think that after they identify the bomber, his family should cease to exist. I imagine after a few times, either the bombers would cut way back, or their families would start turning them in before they killed others.

That's not a very good idea for several reasons. It's bad enough already that the israelis demolish the family's house. To also kill them would be to stoop down almost to the moral level of the islamic jihadiots themselves. Even if it would be temporarily effective it would prolong the process towards peaceful coexistence.

Another reason is that it possibly won't deter the suicide bombers. They are only tools, brainwashed by their priests to believe that they will be rewarded after death, and the same brainwashing can easily be used to convince them that their families too will be rewarded.

I think a much better solution is to track down and kill (or render harmless in any other practical way) all the leaders in organizations such as Hamas and Islamic Jihad, including the priests who brainwash the terrorists. And this is in fact what Israel is trying to do with its assassination program. But strangely enough this program has been criticized by a lot of clueless people.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Abbas breaks off talks with Hammas and IJ [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1833055 - 08/20/03 10:58 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Well then, I guess a few well placed nukes are the only answer.

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1833567 - 08/20/03 01:17 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

JERUSALEM (CNN) -- With a top Israeli official saying Tuesday's bus bombing, which killed 20 people including several children, may signal the end of the peace process, Palestinian leadership Wednesday promised new actions to combat Palestinian terrorist groups.

Palestinian Interior Ministry spokesman Elias Zananiri told CNN, "After what happened last night, the rules of the game have changed."

Hamas and Islamic Jihad, both of which claimed responsibility for the attack, "have decided to change the rules of the game," he said. "The Palestinian National Authority will act accordingly."

But Israeli Vice Prime Minister Ehud Olmert warned his country has heard enough promises from the Palestinians.

"They have to act and they have to act from now, immediately," he told CNN. "This will stop. Either the Palestinians will stop it or we will stop it. And once we will engage in stopping it, we will not stop before it's all over with."

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and his top security advisers met for three hours Wednesday, but there was no word on what occurred.

"Until now, we had a lot of patience, but patience is running out," said Gideon Meir, an Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman. "We have to protect our people.

"It might be the end of the peace process, we don't know, but the responsibility falls all on the shoulder of the Palestinian Authority."

A senior Israeli spokesman said officials would discuss the possibility of a complete closure of the West Bank.

Sounds like the PA better hurry the fuck up and do something. Israel isn't going to play cat and mouse anymore. They are going to finish this thing, which does not sound good for the Palestinians at all.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1833588 - 08/20/03 01:23 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Any idiot can strap a bomb on and blow up....this thing is far from finished. We may see it climax though...

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Abbas breaks off talks with Hammas and IJ [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1833597 - 08/20/03 01:25 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Not if they are all dead...

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
    #1833609 - 08/20/03 01:31 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

god dammnit!!!

The U.S. would not be in any of this trouble if they would just stop giving money and weapons to Isreal, and converted to electical power...

this oil is killing too many people.

I know that was not really the point, but i needed to spout off for an instant.

as for Isreal/Palistine, why cant they just set up two goddamn cities? Is that so goddamn hard?

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1833640 - 08/20/03 01:38 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

shakta said:
Not if they are all dead...

The children and pregnant women too then...we wouldn't want anyone growing up knowing what happened, the hate gets passed on as it always is....if not from palestinians, then islamic brothers fighting a jihad...

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineFileSoup
    #1833652 - 08/20/03 01:40 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"The United States gives Israel the weapons and technology to target the leader of Hamas; while the Palestinians don't have the ability to do the same to the leader of Israel. I guess that gives Israel a free pass to kill at will?"

I'm not exactly sure what Hamas is, but is it not a terrorist organization? Israel could demolish Palistine if they wanted to but they don't. Second the Palestinians will send their woman and children out to throw rocks at Israeli soliders and then the solider retaliates and kills the wife/child. Tough luck.

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Abbas breaks off talks with Hammas and IJ [Re: FileSoup]
    #1833662 - 08/20/03 01:42 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yes Hammas is a terrorist organization, that is doing everything it can to sabotage the peace process. Unfortunaltely most here believe they are just misunderstoond freedom fighters.

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
Re: Abbas breaks off talks with Hammas and IJ [Re: domite]
    #1833664 - 08/20/03 01:42 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

domite said:
The U.S. would not be in any of this trouble if they would just stop giving money and weapons to Isreal,

That would be a very good start.

Quote:

and converted to electical power...

Unfortunately a great deal of electricity is currently (no pun intended) generated from fossil fuels.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Offlineshakta
Infidel
Re: Abbas breaks off talks with Hammas and IJ [Re: Autonomous]
    #1833676 - 08/20/03 01:44 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, lets just let the Arabs push all the Jews into the sea. Who likes Jews anyway, with their big noses and funny hats.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder