Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Loc: Austin, TX
What has Bush accomplished???
    #1832384 - 08/20/03 04:23 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I was wondering what in the world Bush has done for this country that keeps people on his side, other than being affiliated with the Republican Party. I did a Google search for "list of Bush's accomplishments" to help me answer my question, but it didn't help (try it for yourself)!!!

Since that didn't answer my question, I ask the shroomery:

"WHAT HAS BUSH ACCOMPLISHED???"

Note: This is a repost of a question I asked in the middle of another thread, but it didn't get much of a response there so I'm giving Bush supporters a 2nd chance.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: What has Bush accomplished??? [Re: Cornholio]
    #1832419 - 08/20/03 05:10 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

He's succeeded in pissing off just about everybody.

Since my vote for him was a lesser of two evils vote, it's not too surprising.

That aside, I think his admin has done well with taxes, rebuilding the military, removed us from the anti-missle defense treaty, ruled out Kyoto, undid some of Clintons worst executive orders (executive orders are bullshit, no matter who issues them), and more.

Had he done none of that, he at least kept Gore out of that office.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OnlineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #1832522 - 08/20/03 06:48 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

He's done plenty for his oil buddies. That's good enough for me.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: What has Bush accomplished??? [Re: Learyfan]
    #1832535 - 08/20/03 06:59 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

He's really funnny too, and it's just heart-warming to see that a mentally disabled person can overcome his limitations and ascend to the office of President nonetheless. Getting us out of that anti-missile treaty was good, no doubt, and ignoring the Kyoto protocol was great too; if he gets reelected maybe he'll have the opportunity to bring back slavery, child labor, and have the right to vote reserved for Republicans.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: What has Bush accomplished??? [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1832560 - 08/20/03 07:19 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

if he gets reelected maybe he'll have the opportunity to bring back slavery, child labor, and have the right to vote reserved for Republicans

Sweet. We can only dream!

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: What has Bush accomplished??? [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1832563 - 08/20/03 07:22 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

New government wide focus on giving more hispanic (fastest growing population) people jobs.

The Inter-American Democratic Charter.

Strengthened diplomatic relations with Britian, Ireland, Spain,

Victims of Terrorism Relief Act of 2001

Afghan Women and Children Relief Act of 2001

Higher Education Relief Opportunities for Students Act of 2001

Economic Security and Worker Assistance Act of 2001

And of course

Kept Al Gore out of office

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
    #1832859 - 08/20/03 09:41 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

He's got some good exclusive contracts for his buddies' companies to work in the Mid-East.

He's proven that Republicans can outspend the Democrats with ease.

He's proven that Republicans are just as prone to 'Big Government' as Democrats, if not more so.

He's burdened my children with an even more enormous debt which they will have to pay off with future tax increases or monetary inflation.

He's shown that he's a liar when he swore to defend and uphold the Constitution.

He's shown that the old adage, "The lesser of two evils is still evil" should be modified to "The lesser of two evils may evolve into a greater evil."

He's helped to redefined the term "Conservative" so it now applies to establishment big-government Republicans.

He's brought us closer, faster to the society envisioned in 1984 than any President in History.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect
Male

Loc: OR
Re: What has Bush accomplished??? [Re: Autonomous]
    #1832904 - 08/20/03 10:02 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

*gives the man a kewpie doll*

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: What has Bush accomplished??? [Re: GernBlanston]
    #1832923 - 08/20/03 10:11 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

He's brought us closer, faster to the society envisioned in 1984 than any President in History.

For a country that was obsessed with the spread of communism and held the modern equivalent of the spanish inquistion. I don't see how that can be true.

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1832930 - 08/20/03 10:14 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

He's accomplished many things, most being negative. I admit at the beginning i liked his "balls to the walls" approach to dealing with terrorists but that was when the WMD were believed to be involved. he's accomplished making the US look like we are all dishonest and shifty. This really pisses me off because we had the same thing with Klinton but he was better at hiding his operations where Bush likes to tell the whole world what he intends to accomplish without any idea of how to get it done. Bush has accomplished some nice things however. He's lowering the taxes and made the democratic party non-existent. I like that.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
Re: What has Bush accomplished??? [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1832951 - 08/20/03 10:19 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Are you familiar with 'The Patriot Act' and it's follow up? Have you heard of 'Homeland Security?' Do you understand the implications of fighting a 'war' with no well defined enemy (maybe I'm wrong, "either you're with us, or you're against us"), undefined objectives, and the continuance and expansion of a foreign policy which made others hate the U.S. in the first place?

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1833245 - 08/20/03 11:46 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

lets concentrate on his POSITIVE accomplishments.

1. He has invented many new words, enriching the English language and giving us new possibilities in self-expression.

2. He made everyone seem a little bit smarter. All part of his program to raise the self-esteem of the average American, so we can all say "hey! I'm smarter than the president!"

3. He has given hope to millions of C average students across the country. they too can become president one day, provided they have the right connections.

4. He starts wars, which is supposed to be good for the economy. imagine how worse off our economy would be if we HADN'T gone to war with Iraq!

5. With the Patriot act, he has made us realize just how free we once were, and how precious freedom is. Thank you George Bush for showing us, we'll keep that in mind in 2004.

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Re: What has Bush accomplished??? [Re: Autonomous]
    #1838418 - 08/21/03 06:34 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Autonomous said:
He's got some good exclusive contracts for his buddies' companies to work in the Mid-East.

He's proven that Republicans can outspend the Democrats with ease.

He's proven that Republicans are just as prone to 'Big Government' as Democrats, if not more so.

He's burdened my children with an even more enormous debt which they will have to pay off with future tax increases or monetary inflation.

He's shown that he's a liar when he swore to defend and uphold the Constitution.

He's shown that the old adage, "The lesser of two evils is still evil" should be modified to "The lesser of two evils may evolve into a greater evil."

He's helped to redefined the term "Conservative" so it now applies to establishment big-government Republicans.

Based on a recent poll it appears there are very few Democrats or Republicans here. Most are Libertarian or Green, but vote for the "least of two evils" (Democrat or Republican). Autonomous' list affirms that Bush isn't one that supports typical "conservative" ideals.

It seems to me that the Democrats are more in line with Libertarian ideals than Bush is. I mean, most Democrats are against things like: invading other countries, the war on drugs, and the recent new wave of big Government legislation (Patriot Act II, Rave Act II, etc.) Does anyone feel that Bush is more in line with Libertarian ideals than the Democrats are? If so, please explain. And don't say "tax cuts", because Bush is building up a massive new debt that still has to be paid for with future taxes.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1838450 - 08/21/03 06:45 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

It seems to me that the Democrats are more in line with Libertarian ideals than Bush is. I mean, most Democrats are against things like: invading other countries, the war on drugs, and the recent new wave of big Government legislation (Patriot Act II, Rave Act II, etc.)

Actually, most Democrats are for the War on Drugs, and as for invading other countries, many of them are fine with that as long as they get UN approval.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: What has Bush accomplished??? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1838490 - 08/21/03 06:53 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

"Small-l libertarians" are a large faction of the republican party, actually. Free trade, deregulation, etc...

They cooperate with theo-cons when they find common cause.

Both major parties are coalitions, really.

Neither party, or left nor right, own the position of opposing the war on drugs.

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Re: What has Bush accomplished??? [Re: wingnutx]
    #1838634 - 08/21/03 07:40 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

wingnutx said:
"Small-l libertarians" are a large faction of the republican party, actually. Free trade, deregulation, etc...

Neither party, or left nor right, own the position of opposing the war on drugs.

I totally agree. That's why I specifically referred to Bush rather than the Republican party (since he'll be the Republican representative in '04). And while I also agree that the war on drugs in not "owned" by the left or right, some mainstream democrats, such as Jimmy Carter, want to end the war on drugs while I don't know of any mainstream Republicans that want to.

--------------------

Invisiblewingnutx

#1838660 - 08/21/03 07:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

George Schultz
William F Buckley, and the National Review
New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson
Jim Robinson, the guy who runs Free Republic

OfflineCornholio
A liberal guy(on hiatus)

Re: What has Bush accomplished??? [Re: wingnutx]
    #1838711 - 08/21/03 08:02 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I meant to say Presidential candidates, but I it looks like Democrats aren't all that good either. Here's a Report Card (for medicinal marijuana use):

George W. Bush: F
Al Sharpton: ?
Carol Mosely Braun: ?
Howard Dean: F+
Bob Graham: D-
John Edwards: D-
Joe Lieberman: D+
Dick Gephard: C-
John Kerry: C

Dennis Kucinich: A+

--------------------

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
    #1838878 - 08/21/03 09:03 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

some mainstream democrats, such as Jimmy Carter, want to end the war on drugs

Then why didnt he, while he was president?

C'mon Americans, start voting Libertarian. You can do it!

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1838888 - 08/21/03 09:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Wow. I think I'll have to reconsider about voting for Dean in the primary.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder