Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Human's harmony with the natural world
    #1831693 - 08/19/03 10:50 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, you know how it's really trendy to say that humans don't live in harmony with nature? Well, that's pretty stupid. Well, maybe the statemnt "humans don't live in harmony with nature" isn't stupid so much, but people have retarded ideas about what that actually means. Remember that blue green algae? Well, it killed everything on the planet by producing poisonous gas (oxygen). Would you say that it didn't live in harmony with nature? I guess no, it didn't. It didn't exist with other life forms the way a note exists in a harmonious melody.

But now look what's happened. That little plant has created a whole new bunch of life based on oxygen and carbon dioxide exchange. The children of algae existed in harmony with eachother until one day when humankind showed up, and maybe we don't live in "harmony" with nature, but does that mean anything? It doesn't mean we're "bad" that's for sure. Our force is destructive and creative. We're forcing the planet's life to re-evaluate and re-arrange itself.

One way or another, all things exist relative to eachother. This principle is seen in outer space with things like gravitational pulls among floating rocks, but the most dynamic relationships we can observe are biological. The average species is connected with all life but very distantly. Not humans, though. we have direct relationships with every species on earth. Our footprint is left on every ecosystem, and our hands are digging about everywhere on the planet touching all life. The natural selection mobile is being driven by the human race, and if any animal doesn't want to be exterminated it better not be on the road, cause we aren't stopping.

Y'see, we're closer to nature than we ever have been before. We're in bed with every species on the planet (I know I am), and while we sleep we're kicking them out onto the floor of extinction to make room for ourselves. We're also getting fatter by the minute, and our feet have big nuclear missiles instead of toes. The relationship is intimate but ruthless. The animals who can comfortably nest in our hair and find sanctuary in our armpits are the lucky ones.

Yeah, killing off all these creatures is pretty lame, but we shouldn't be selfish. We're sacrificing these species and possibly eventually ourselves to bring about a huge refreshing change to the planet. Yaaaay....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Human's harmony with the natural world [Re: Dogomush]
    #1831746 - 08/19/03 11:10 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Just like all life on earth, humans evolved from the previous life-form. All life-forms are related.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #1831758 - 08/19/03 11:14 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I was talking about this a few weeks ago with someone.

Whenever an animal evolved a distinct advantage over in environment, it thrived. Sometimes, it meant the destruction of another species, and ultimately, their own. This is just the circle of life. It has happened many times before, but may not again.

What we are doing is natural. Our evolution provided us with the intelligence and dexterity to manipulate our evironment, at a level never before seen. We have asserted our dominance over the world.

However, up to this point, I don't think that much of what we have done is morally wrong. We didn't know the consequences of our actions, and if we did most didn't see the full impact they would have.

I still don't buy into alot of the environmentalist agenda, but we are now at point, where we need to conclusively prove what we are doing, is good/bad, how extensive, and a plan of action to correct the problem.

But the ultimate goal of a species is survival. Our ability to contemplate our demise, combined with our intelligence is the greatest survival tool we can hope for.

These issues, are something that has to be addressed if want to insure our home remains livable.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Human's harmony with the natural world [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1831861 - 08/19/03 11:41 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"But the ultimate goal of a species is survival. "

yeah we need to figure out this food/air thing before anything else IMHO.

I feel that humans belong with nature as much as any other organism on this planet.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #1831877 - 08/19/03 11:47 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Earth is gonna re-evaluate and re-arrange us if we don't quit fucking around. We'll learn the hard way, as usual.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: Human's harmony with the natural world [Re: Shroomism]
    #1831896 - 08/19/03 11:51 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Earth is gonna re-evaluate and re-arrange us if we don't quit fucking around. We'll learn the hard way, as usual.

just curious what do you mean by re-evaluate and re-arrange?  No criticism here, just wanna know what you meant. :smile: 

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: Human's harmony with the natural world [Re: kaiowas]
    #1831912 - 08/19/03 11:57 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

population is the biggest problem humans need to control....i believe its something like 2.2 births per woman worldwide to have a sustainable future

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1831914 - 08/19/03 11:58 PM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Cars, nuclear explosions, massive chemical release, sucking the earth dry of oil (insulation), stripping the natural resources, mowing down forests, killing everything, etc, etc, etc...

Earth is older and better than us. If we continue pushing the wrong buttons, over and over and over again, it is only a matter of time until it strikes back, and mows us down. Preffered method of Earth cleansings include, but are not limited to: Massive Earthquakes, Massive Hurricanes, Massive Tidal Waves on every coast, Volcanos, dormant or active, Pole shifting and the subsequent extreme plate shifting, ahhhh, clean.

Earth is hardcore, if we don't learn to live in harmony with nature, it will teach us how by launching us back into the stone age.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#1832072 - 08/20/03 01:05 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

"sucking the earth dry of oil (insulation)"

I swear that is one of the most least thought about subjects. I ask people what they think would happen if too much oil is taken away by us. Or even if they think it's dangerous they would say, "well, I never thought of it that way."

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1832081 - 08/20/03 01:08 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

There's only so much oil. We pump, process, and burn into the atmosphere how many billions of gallons a year?

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1832148 - 08/20/03 01:31 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I dont remember where I came across reading or hearing this. Might be a movie, or a book, or something. Maybe aldous Huxely... I really dont know, Chuck Pahlniuk, or wait was that Fyodor Dostoyevksy?. Honestly cant remember, anyway, they were talking about how people are afraid of nature... They build walls to keep themselves out of it. Away, creating their own nature, their own forms of destruction. My problem with how things are... THEY ARE SO dis-integrated. Its like our cities are like someone took a massive shit and it just landed all over the place. And most people just make machines and let out more noxious gases... LOL. But seriously, its sad some of the waste i see. People are LAZY! they build things around them so they can be sheltered from reality. They dont think about the world around them. They see a place they can take advantage over, and they do whatever they want. They think because we have all this land we can just shit on it, do whatever, like it means nothing. I see people who really dont know how to live in peace with their world. Algae didnt choose which rock it wanted to live on. It was there cause it could survive and thrive. And for whatever reason for the existance/non existance for certain speicies, is the in ability for an organism to cope with its environment. You would think people would be smart enough to do integration with the planet and natural surroundings, things that could propogate a healthy life... But look at it!

--------------------
What?

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Human's harmony with the natural world [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1832176 - 08/20/03 01:42 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

So Shroomism, if we don't clean up our act (stop doing what comes naturally) then the Earth will quake but if we change and adhere to some fantasy principles laid out by the intergalactic federation then the Earth won't quake? That's silly. Earthquakes have nothing to do with whether or not we follow some laws a voice in someone's head laid down.

Our purpose is obvious.. complete destruction of everything. We're standing on the edge of a black hole and we're pushing everything in and then jumping in afterwards. Get on board. Not even your aliens can save you from your destiny.

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
    #1832246 - 08/20/03 02:30 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I the ailment is unknown, but that the natural order has been disrupted. evil spirits? daemons? perhaps this is why the mushroom calls us, to try to let us in on it.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1832287 - 08/20/03 02:53 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

There's only so much oil. We pump, process, and burn into the atmosphere how many billions of gallons a year?

In a way it's a good thing that we pump up the oil and return all that carbon to the biosphere it came from, so it can be turned into living matter again. The problem is that we are doing it so fast that the process may shock the whole ecosystem.

Offlinenemesis
Stranger

Re: Human's harmony with the natural world [Re: Rhizoid]
    #1832539 - 08/20/03 07:01 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

All we will see once we have pushed it to the edge.

The Sun rising from the west.

The Earth will shake to a stand still and crack that the terror will make Mothers drop their new-born babies.

The oceans will rise beyond sight.

This is the End, beautiful friend. This is the End, My Only Friend, The End.

Call it what you will, Armagedon, Doom's Day, Pay-Back .. most beliefs incorporate a system of Kamma, and the Earth being an entity, in it's perfect nature has a way to balance all things we see. Just take a look in nature, perfect amount of rain falls and rises. Until we mess with it of course. Only sencient beings create problems, because we have the ability to go aganist the natural flow.

The perfect way of the Universe is the way of natural flow.

Think about which direction we are with.

The End.

--------------------
May Peace and fellicity smile on those who seek it.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Human's harmony with the natural world [Re: nemesis]
    #1832611 - 08/20/03 07:45 AM (20 years, 7 months ago)

I think technology is part of evolution, and that this is the natural process.

Each year that passes, our 'evolution' seems to speed up, and there has been so much change in the last ... even 100 years, we have no clue what the near future has in store for us.

Flight was only discovered 100 years ago.

However I think while developping new ideas, creative thoughts, better governments, and evolving as human beings into the great unknown wich is happening now, we could have a little respect for nature.

Having the technology is one thing, having technology that runs with the harmonic process of the earth is even better. It is possible.

In the last 100 years.
We went from no flight at all to stealth like aircraft capable of taking people across the world, to visit continents never before thought possible to visit. Also new fighters came into play, able to drop bombs from super high altitudes. They are capable of some super serious shit!

In the last 50 years.
We have been able to make SPACESHIPS that can FLY TO THE MOON and land.

In the last 20 years.
We have made an interconnected network of personal computers, and cellular telephones allowing you to access almost infinite numbers of documents, sharing peoples opinions and thought from around the world.
This has also allowed people be be able to speak on wireless phones anywhere they go, capable of talking to anyone, anywhere it seems.
The world has just been interconnected.

Technology is speeding up, and if you think that what we do to our environment wont effect us in this lifetime you are wrong.
Most of the damage has already occured in your lifetime, and with the speed of this shit happening, we will probably kill ourselfs.

In what you said, I believe we have hte capabilities to be in harmony wiht nature, and we are definately physically able, but our thumbs & bomb making skills have developed faster than our minds.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder