Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Phish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Phish Basist Arrested
    #1830542 - 08/19/03 06:08 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

NEW YORK -- A Phish is on the hook for endangering the welfare of a minor after he allegedly tried to take pictures of a young girl inside a deserted boathouse.

FeedRoom

'Phish' Bassist Arrested

But following private conversations between the band's manager and the child's parents, there's a question about whether the band's bassist, Mike Gordon, will avoid facing that charge.

Gordon, 38, was arrested after being found late at night in a secluded area with a 9-year-old girl. The girl's parents raised an alarm when she disappeared from a backstage area at Jones Beach Theater.

New York State Park Police say Gordon showed a different side after a concert last week by The Dead. Investigators say Gordon -- who calls himself "Cactus" -- was an invited guest backstage at Jones Beach. He was not invited, they say, to take a 9-year-old girl to an isolated location behind the theater.

"The area is actually like a work area for state employees who operate boats out of that area," said Maj. Richard O'Donnell, of the New York State Park Police. "It's a darkened area, not intended for public access."

O'Donnell, who is the region's commanding officer, would not discuss what the bass player told officers when he was found with the child on a dock. But a police report obtained by NewsChannel 4 reveals "The defendant stated he wanted to take 'art photos' of the victim."

Police confirm that Gordon has never been convicted of any crime. Law enforcement sources said that after the band member was arrested, he told officers, "I may have shown bad judgment, but I am not a pedophile."

The Law enforcement sources identify the girl's father as a leader of the Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club, whom they say had also been invited backstage to watch The Dead concert. Gordon was held for police by theater security "and the victim's father's associates -- which the police report decribes as other Hell's Angels members.

When responding to a request for an interview, Phish's manager e-mailed a joint statement from Gordon and the child's parents that reads: "It is now clear to all involved that this was an unfortunate misunderstanding, and we look forward to putting this matter behind us."

Later, in a conference call, the manager said Gordon's trying to "make amends" with the family. The girl's father added that "muckraking journalists should put the story to rest."

Both declined to discuss whether the musician is paying compensation.

When asked by NewsChannel 4 if there was any reasonable explanation for Gordon to have been with the girl at 1:00 AM in a secluded boat house, Maj. O'Donnell of the State Park Police said "I have no explanation for it."

The commander says he "absolutely" stands by the police investigation and has referred the bass player's boathouse rendezvous case to the Nassau County district attorney for prosecution.

The DA's office says the evidence is being evaluated. Regardless of whether Gordon has to face a judge next month, law-enforcement sources say unofficial justice was already delivered. The Hell's Angels, who detained Gordon for police, were not, the sources say, gentle with sensitive areas of the rock star's body.

http://www.nbc4.tv/entertainment/2414323/detail.html

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Phish Basist Arrested [Re: Vulture]
    #1830547 - 08/19/03 06:10 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Perv?
I wonder why they backed off and was all like, nm people nothing to see hear. I would have pressed.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Phish Basist Arrested [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #1830577 - 08/19/03 06:16 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i dont know.....it does sound fishy....err phishy :smile: (yeah i know weak pun)

but i truly dont think he was doing anything that was violating the girl. I mean he could have been smoking a bowl with her or something who knows?

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: Phish Basist Arrested [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #1830919 - 08/19/03 08:06 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

"why they backed off"

Only could be one reason $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Phish Basist Arrested [Re: Ripple]
    #1830934 - 08/19/03 08:10 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yes sir, that's all the angels care about is getting enough cash to shoot themselves silly for a few years on dope.

I think that gordon could possibly have a good chance of countersueing for this, but to perfectly honest he is not the type of person to do that. He will probably just take the hit.

It was a rediculous situation that he got himself into, but the hell's angels thrive on this kind of shit.

I wouldn't doubt for a second even that MIKE was set up.

Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: Phish Basist Arrested [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #1831187 - 08/19/03 09:59 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I wouldn't doubt for a second even that MIKE was set up.

Come on man. You don't really think that Mike Gordon got set up backstage at a Dead concert by the Hells Angels.

The Angels have been around the Dead scene from the begining.
I have never seen them cause too much trouble. It sounds like what happened is that there was a little misunderstanding and the press is going to blow it way out of proportion. Thats what they do best is twist and blow stuff up. If Gordon really was doing anything "wrong" he would have been beat to death in minutes. The Angels don't play.

It was a Dead concert and people were high. A worried and stoned mother thought her daughter was missing. It so happened that her man was an angel and there not the most peaceful bunch when their threatend. They found Gordon alone with her and got all pumped up.
Now the press has the story and we all know how that goes.

I don't care much for Phish. I did a couple short tours with them just to make some bread between Dead tours. Mike and Trey both would come out into the lot and hang with the Phish heads. They seemed like good people. I personaly don't think anything was going on. We don't know cause we were not there. But from what I know of the Angels if he was caught doing something wrong Phish would be looking for a new bass player.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Phish Basist Arrested [Re: chinacat72]
    #1831213 - 08/19/03 10:08 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for your comment chinacat72, thanks i knew you would be able to calm me down some :grin:

:heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: 

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #1831227 - 08/19/03 10:12 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Its all good man. :smile:
Gordon will be ok. The jam band community will stand by him through this. Even the Angels say its nothing. Don't let the thread in OTD get to you. You know how they love drama and pissing folks off.
:grin: 

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Offlinewingnutx
    #1831233 - 08/19/03 10:14 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Angels will probably beat him to death at some point, or just wire Phish's bus to explode.

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
    #1831257 - 08/19/03 10:20 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

So many people here, especially over in OTD, want to castrate him, but what for, you know? It doesn't sound like anything blatently horrific was going on, the only question I guess is what he was thinking in snapping pics of her, but what's the harm in that really? She was fully clothed I assume, there's no mention of anything along the lines of her being exposed that I've seen, and he was just not thinking to have put himself in a situation where a bad misunderstanding could arise. The press will have a field day with this one, though, and I can only imagine what sort of a discussion Hannity and Coulter could engage in on the subject.

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: Phish Basist Arrested [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1838151 - 08/21/03 07:11 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

If i were him I would have never taken a kid of someone in the Hells Angels ANYWHERE without speaking to them. That would be asking to get messed with pretty much. I sure wouldn't like to see Phish have to change members.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Re: Phish Basist Arrested [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #1838177 - 08/21/03 07:24 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

"The Hell's Angels, who detained Gordon for police, were not, the sources say, gentle with sensitive areas of the rock star's body"
Why would this have happened if nothing went down? I really dont think anything serious happened...a little weird maybe, but nothing serious. IF he had good intentions, I dont see anything wrong. But, IF there was something going on....shame on him. Thats disgusting.

--------------------

OfflineTavarua
A Nobody

Loc: Califuckinfornia
Re: Phish Basist Arrested [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #1838411 - 08/21/03 08:32 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

lol, I had assumed that the Hells Angels myths were debunked a while ago. They're good guys, and they do a lot of good things for communitys as well as kids nowadays. That isn't to say that they were always like this.

An uncle of mine was with them since the beggining until the mid-eighties. He has a messed up liver and lots of stories to tell about trashbags full of drugs, the law and rides. But he's never killed anybody.

--------------------
Gotta love life cuz life be lovin me

Invisiblechinadoll
there
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of terrapin
Re: Phish Basist Arrested [Re: Tavarua]
    #1838773 - 08/21/03 10:20 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I read in the paper today that the little girl is the daughter of a Hell's Angel.

--------------------
Just a little nervous from the fall.

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

#1838869 - 08/21/03 10:59 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I_was_the_walrus said:
"The Hell's Angels, who detained Gordon for police, were not, the sources say, gentle with sensitive areas of the rock star's body"

that doesn't sound to fun, but he could have gotten much worse.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Offlinewingnutx
    #1841962 - 08/22/03 09:53 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

A friend of mine's dad was the president of the local chapter here(Dirty Dozen). They are mostly very bad people.

That doesn't mean they won't be nice to you and buy you a beer, but if it's in their interest they will kill you without batting an eye.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: Phish Basist Arrested [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1842236 - 08/22/03 11:08 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

very bad judgement to say the least!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
    #1842694 - 08/23/03 02:58 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

My grandpa was a hells angel. He goes by Frenchie...he was mentioned in several books about the hells angels, including the electric kooolaid acid test. He tells me many stories, says he doesnt remeber much though....I dont know what the hell that has to do with, maybe its my drunkenness. And thats the end of my post.

The End.

--------------------

Invisiblefee
Im he who is the
 User Gallery

Loc: amsterdam
    #1842983 - 08/23/03 11:15 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Me and my gf just meet him like a mounth ago and was so hyped about it. Phish has been a long time favorite band and its dissapointing to see one of my heroes either doing something he should get shot for or doing something that was a stupid mistake. If he wasnt a huge rock star he would be in jail right now. I wonder if phish will go on with or without him. If phish kicks mike out it wont be phish anymore.

--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: Phish Basist Arrested [Re: fee]
    #1843054 - 08/23/03 12:01 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Mike did nothing and some drugged out assholes flipped out. He should be shot for taking a god damned picture? pictures are illegal? photography calls for assasination now?

I can't believe how many stupid asses around here let the media get to them. IDIOTS. Try reading between the lines for once.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Phish

Community >> The Pub